Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

...im two weeks in and my lips are in agony. they became dry amlost straight away and i have to apply balm every 10 mins its insane. but what is worse is when i wake up and have the half on half off flakey bits that just look hideous. so i dont know if your meant to but i started picking and peeling which pulled of more skin then was hanging off kinda thing. is this really bad, should i just be leaving them? but recently i have been using a towel (clean obviousy) to brush along my top and bottom lips (backwards and forwards a few times). this seems to get rid of the dead flakes but not tear the healthy skin back like it did when i peeled the skin off with my hands. i then applied lots of nivea sos lipbalm and let it be absorbed. then i apply burts bees throughout the day. this seems to be working well and my lips are somewhat bearable. but i am worried i am damaging the skin by rubbing off the excess dry skin.

sorry that description is confusing

thanks guys :)

...im two weeks in and my lips are in agony. they became dry amlost straight away and i have to apply balm every 10 mins its insane. but what is worse is when i wake up and have the half on half off flakey bits that just look hideous. so i dont know if your meant to but i started picking and peeling which pulled of more skin then was hanging off kinda thing. is this really bad, should i just be leaving them? but recently i have been using a towel (clean obviousy) to brush along my top and bottom lips (backwards and forwards a few times). this seems to get rid of the dead flakes but not tear the healthy skin back like it did when i peeled the skin off with my hands. i then applied lots of nivea sos lipbalm and let it be absorbed. then i apply burts bees throughout the day. this seems to be working well and my lips are somewhat bearable. but i am worried i am damaging the skin by rubbing off the excess dry skin.

sorry that description is confusing

thanks guys :)

thanks for the reply saz. i was worried about damaging the good skin on my lips. i tried using a toothbrush but the only spare i had was one with hard bristles which hurt. ive heard so many good things about aquaphor but just cant get hold of it in the uk :(

thanks for the reply saz. i was worried about damaging the good skin on my lips. i tried using a toothbrush but the only spare i had was one with hard bristles which hurt. ive heard so many good things about aquaphor but just cant get hold of it in the uk :(

ive heard so many good things about aquaphor but just cant get hold of it in the uk :(

i peel my lips all the time lol...its only the top layer of skin nothing that hurts or messes up my lips though but i feel like i can peel them 10x a day....i use carmex, tried aquaphor and others but found carmex works the best for me...

you're not alone

Actually, for cracked/peeling/bleeding lips, you shouldn't use Burt's Bees because the peppermint oil can further damage the lips (according to BeenThereDoneThat).

Try Dr. Dan's Cortibalm or Aquaphor.

Actually, for cracked/peeling/bleeding lips, you shouldn't use Burt's Bees because the peppermint oil can further damage the lips (according to BeenThereDoneThat).

I used to pull them off with my fingers, it was quite painful sometimes and made my lips bleed. :(

I seem to go through good and bad phases with my lips...but when they're bad..I need to pick off dry skin every morning. I've used A LOT of lip care products and I must say aloe vera vaseline has worked better than anything else (much better than normal vaseline) I also apply an insane amount of Nivea Lip Care before bed. So a combination of those keeps my lips under control! :cool:

thanks for the replies and sharing your experiences guys! i think the peppermint is nothing to worry about, the majority of products with peppermint in them create a tingly/burning/cooling sensation. i used to use a peppermint shampoo for dry scalp and that did the same too.

well at least i know im not the only picker!

:)

I say no peppermint oil because that is what BeenThereDoneThat says. I always swore by Burt's Bees or the Bath and Body Works Mentha Lip Balm because I think it is the greatest stuff ever created. :shrug:

I seem to go through good and bad phases with my lips...but when they're bad..I need to pick off dry skin every morning. I've used A LOT of lip care products and I must say aloe vera vaseline has worked better than anything else (much better than normal vaseline) I also apply an insane amount of Nivea Lip Care before bed. So a combination of those keeps my lips under control! :cool:

Neutrogena hand cream works really well. I actually use the stuff as a lip balm when my lips get insanely dry. Sounds strange, but it works.