Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnery

Just ordered TDP Lamp: I HOPE it's the same as the BioLamp

I admit I'm feeling a bit confused if these units are indeed one and the same. I ordered it from James Carden (in the UK, I believe) and it cost $140.00. James has assured me that it is the new digital desktop model. Can someone please tell me if the TDP Lamp is the unit that is being highly touted here, and elsewhere? Oh...and is it easy to set-up, and to use? Thanks.

John

P.S. Once I get the lamp and use it I will post my thoughts about it here, in case anyone who is sitting on the fence on ordering it wants some feedback about it.

Hey John - yes, the TDP lamp is the same as the BioLamp .... Biolamp is the Euro trading name of the TDP.

I have the non-digital version (you show off!! biggrin.gif )

Very easy to set up and use. biggrin.gif

@Johnnery:

Do you have a weblink of the store where you ordered the TDP Lamp?

If it is in the UK, why buy from biolamp then?

greets,

Sparky

Sparky, I ordered the TDP Lamp from a distributor named James Carden. Here is his email address: [email protected] He sold it to me from eBay and I paid for it through my PayPal account.

Maya, I can't wait to try this lamp. A friend of mine just returned from China and she said she has seen the lamp in use over there. When she had accupuncture done she said the doctor directed the lamp on to the needles...it supposedly makes the treatment more effective. If it's very healing/relaxing, then I will welcome it into my home!

Yeah - it's very relaxing John ... and it definately dries the face up - I don't have oily skin and maybe it's drying me too much??? (It's probably that papaya soap!)

As with regards to scars - it doesn't help with scars - it helps with wound healing for newish scars - I have just had 2 excisions (this afternoon) and NLite..... and am (in the next hour) about to TCA Cross 50 + scars ...

Not sure whether to use the Biolamp straight after or wait till the scabs form ... my gut feeling tells me to wait till the scabs form first :-k

Anyone have an opinion on that?

Not yet, Maya, but any day now, I hope. Can't wait to try it. I'm down with a sinus infection and the flu so I sure could use a pick me up. I'll be sure to post my experiences with the TDP lamp after I use it.

Have you been able to use the new R-ALA Gel yet? How are you coming along after your latest TCA? I wish you well. (Ha! TDP...R-ALA...TCA...we use a whole different language here, don't we?) smile.gif

Yeah he he John ... we have our own language biggrin.gif .. cool huh?

The biolamp/TDP sure would help with your flu and sinus! Hope you get it real soon.

I've lent mine to a friend who is having a bad arthritic flare, think she needs it more than me .. she's ordered one and will bring mine back when she gets hers. Anyway, I am on day 6 of my 3rd session of TCA CROSS (can you believe it John ... on session 3 already! ... and I still remember asking the board ... 'what is TCA?' only a few months ago!!)

I haven't tried the R-ala IG yet - I was going to do it this morning but I am still scabbed up (about 50% of the scabs are still on) and I think I should wait till tomorrow now. But I am looking forward to it!

Yes, I think you're doing great with the TCA, Maya. You've stuck to it and I am really happy that your results have been so satisfying.

One word of caution about the new R-ALA. The tingling and warming are intense on MY skin(and I haven't done the more aggressive treatments you've pursued) so please be careful when you apply it tomorrow (or whenever you use it). I imagine your skin is very sensitive after the TCA (at least, on the spots you've treated) and I don't want to see you, or anyone else doing the TCA, experience any problems with the new R-ALA. Don't get me wrong, I really love this new PureDeming product, but again, the warming is strong, so please be aware it may be even more intense on you when you try it.

You're such a sweetie John - OK, I'll spot test tomorrow morning with the R-ala first ..but I'm quite toughened to the 'Sting' these days! Mind you, I never did any stig with the IG (unless I was using the retin-a)

The wierd thing about having the small bottle of R-ala ... I almost don't want to use it, knowing that it is such a limited supply product!

Hey John - I have now experienced the burning tingling with the new IG - OMG, thought I would go bright red... but it turned out just fine ... but it was intense.

You got your lamp back yet? I'm going to get mine back from my friend later today.

Ha, ha, the new R-ALA IG really fools ya, doesn't it, Maya? You'd think with all that warmth and tingling there's going to be redness and irritation afterward, but there isn't. I love this stuff (much more than the olive oil version). I hope it sells well so that Deming will bring it on board as a regular item.

Yes, I got the lamp on Wednesday. I was really stoked when I saw the box on my front porch. And no assembly required! Ha, you just plug it in! biggrin.gif I have used it twice so far and I'm finding it to be very relaxing. I have the table top version and I set it up both times on the kitchen table but I would like to use it while in a reclining position so I think I will move it to the family room today. Maya, do you use it for 40-45 minutes, as the enclosure suggests? I used it for 20 minutes both times but I would like to up the treatment time to 40 minutes. I'm just waiting for my chin to heal after my self-induced, scotch tape mishap from the other day! sad.gif

Well John, maybe you should be using it on your face to help heal the mishap (I read about that!) - as the TDP lamp is meant to be good for wound healing and burns ... give it a go.

I have used for over an hour - you can't OD on that machine. I use between 10 mins and 2 hours -depends how much time I have!

Anyway, I just got my lamp back half and hour ago and am going to assemble it soon.

For some reason, over the past 3 days, I have had a few smallish spots appear on my forehead ... the only thing I have done differently is the R-ala and also the collagen RX sample I've got. ... maybe it's just a coincidence and it will go with use of my lamp soon.