Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone i'm new here, and i'm so glad i found this site. Reading some of the stuff here has helped me feel like i'm not so alone. None of my close friends or even acquaintances have any acne problems and so i feel like no one understands. :( They don't understand why i hate swimming or why i want to stay home a lot...it's summer, and i want to be out doing things with friends, but then i think about how self conscious i feel when im around even close friends. It's terrible.

I can't tell if people notice or not, but all i know is when people make comments about other people with acne, i think "hello? i'm right here." and it hurts. I just started accutane but am not seeing any results yet and dont think i will for awhile yet. At least i have some hope, but it's just so hard right now. Seeing people with perfect skin all around me every day...it makes me crazy. Coming here helps me realize i'm not alone, but i never see anyone in my daily life with acne, so it makes it so much harder.

If anyone actually read that little rant of mine, thanks. We're all in the same boat here and i wish everyone the best of luck with whatever regime they're currently trying. :) I just needed to unload a bit. Perhaps I'll be back on again with some good news. God bless.

You probably don't see many people with acne because alot of them are at home hiding. :razz:

Anyway, welcome aboard and good luck with the Tane. Hopefully it'll clear you up before summer ends and you can enjoy some of it.

you'll be right. its amazing what can happen in the course of a year and an accutane course. for me anyway, i went thru bad skin to clear skin, red marks to no red marks to very depressed and sensitve to happy and at peace with myself.

and a year or so ago id never have thought it. so good luck to u and keep ya head up.

Think of how much happier we would be withouth acne. The social isolation, the nasty and prejudiced comments, the effect it has on our self-esteem and also the problem it has caused our family.

Hi everyone i'm new here, and i'm so glad i found this site. Reading some of the stuff here has helped me feel like i'm not so alone. None of my close friends or even acquaintances have any acne problems and so i feel like no one understands. :( They don't understand why i hate swimming or why i want to stay home a lot...it's summer, and i want to be out doing things with friends, but then i think about how self conscious i feel when im around even close friends. It's terrible.

I can't tell if people notice or not, but all i know is when people make comments about other people with acne, i think "hello? i'm right here." and it hurts. I just started accutane but am not seeing any results yet and dont think i will for awhile yet. At least i have some hope, but it's just so hard right now. Seeing people with perfect skin all around me every day...it makes me crazy. Coming here helps me realize i'm not alone, but i never see anyone in my daily life with acne, so it makes it so much harder.

If anyone actually read that little rant of mine, thanks. We're all in the same boat here and i wish everyone the best of luck with whatever regime they're currently trying. :) I just needed to unload a bit. Perhaps I'll be back on again with some good news. God bless.