Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StealthGnome

Start? Wait? Tennis!

I'm thinking about starting DKR because I have time since summer break started.

Should I wait for the moisturizer and buy the set or go ahead and get the set now w/o the moisturizer and grab one from Walgreens?

Also a side question, would there be a problem if I layered the sunscreen (Neutr. Drysheer 70 SPF) ontop of a moisterizer when I play tennis?

Cheers.

Roger

Roger,

You should absolutely start the regimen immediately or, at the very least, after you receive your DKR gel and/or cleanser. It may be well after summer, and even after Christmas, before any moisturizer through DKR is released for sale. Take it slowly, as the directions state, regarding applying the BP, but you may as well get started on the program. And, yes, you may apply your sunscreen on top of everything while playing tennis. You also may want to find a moisturizer with sunscreen (15 SPF) to use as your morning moisturizer. Good luck!

you can use a sunscreen on top of a moisturizer... i recommend Neutrogena Ultra-sheer... it leaves no greasiness and its also non-comedogenic

Roger,

It may be well after summer, and even after Christmas, before any moisturizer through DKR is released for sale.

Not according to Dan.

From http://www.danielkern.com/cart.php?target=...oisturizer_info

have OKed it and we're moving forward with manufacturing which should take about 8 weeks if all goes as planned. This brings up tot he middle of July for a probable release date.

Oops, I stand corrected... I just know the wheels of progress sometimes turn slowly and there are oftentimes snags that cause delays.

The point is, and was, to not wait to get started with the BP, which is the critical bacteria fighting agent in the program. There are lots of good cleansers and moisturizers that are available at the local drugstore that will do the trick. The important thing, because acne is so stubborn and relentless (and unforgiving), is to start the regimen at one's earliest opportunity and not delay... and I'm glad to see that Roger is not wasting any time! :)

My son uses Cetaphil Cream at night and Neutrogena for Men Face Cream w/SPF 20 in the morning, in case you're interested.

Ruthie