Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Montreal-ndg

accutain question

the side effects can be many and can affect almost any body system. Usually the most common side effects are dry hair, mouth, eyes, skin, upset stomach, muscle, joint and back pain.

I wouldnt recommend using this as a first course of action if it is only mild acne. It is meant for nodular acne. You might see about trying some other treatments first such as topicals ( there are some really good ones out there by prescription) and antibiotics. Just my opinion.

the only side efect that i am worried about is the inital break out..

i work in a high end resturant and dealing with customers all the time..

i have my blood test tomorrow, hopeing i will pass...then start the accutine...

i don't mind having any side effects..jsut now intial break out..is that common or it only happenes to some people..?

I have mild acne and are probably in a similar situation as you. I have gotten prescribed accutane because nothing else completely got rid of my acne. I have taken it before (~2 years ago, and once one year before that), and just got another perscription in the last month to try it once more. My acne is not that bad at all, most people don't even think I have a problem with it, but no topicals and antibodies will get rid of it, it is just constantly medicore, except when I am on the accutane.

Anyways, I have never really experienced much of an initial breakout at all, so if your skin is anything like mine, you will look like you did without accutane for the 1st week or 2 when on it, then it will dramatically improve and look perfectly clear from then on. I don't think this is how most people respond to it though, but that has been my experience.

Not everyone breaks out on accutane..... some do some dont just depends. The breakouts arnt that bad..... The breakouts seems to clear pretty fast!

Can someone describe for me the blood test thing? In about 6 weeks I will probably be on accutane. Does it have any side effects that would effect my sports performance? Thanks a lot.

the blood test is to see if you are a good canidate for accutane.

To see if your cholesteral is good...cuz when your on accutane it tends to go up..thats why you have to see you doc for check ups.....while your on accutane

thats what the blood test is for.

"accutane killed my cat, raped my sister, and drove my car off a cliff....."

Just dry lips, i never took more than 40mg per day..is better to use small dossage for a longer period of time if you do not want to have sidde effects