Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what are some omega3-rich foods that is easy to get and can be eaten on regular bases?

my O-3 and O-6 ratio is wayy out of whack... no wonder i still get odd pimples even with DKR

(i found that canned tunas are NOT much of omega-3 source...)

what are some omega3-rich foods that is easy to get and can be eaten on regular bases?

my O-3 and O-6 ratio is wayy out of whack... no wonder i still get odd pimples even with DKR

(i found that canned tunas are NOT much of omega-3 source...)

Sardines and kippers, which come in a can. Salmon, which you can have steam cooked by most supermarkets, so go get some whenever it's on sale.

Walnuts are a good source of Omega 3. It has the ideal ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6. People on these boards will say it is bad because it raises your total amount of O6, but really the only thing that matters is the ratio. In your entire diet try to get a 4:1 ratio of Omega 6:Omega 3. For most people though, fish oil is the easiest way to get Omega 3.

Walnuts are a good source of Omega 3. It has the ideal ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6. People on these boards will say it is bad because it raises your total amount of O6, but really the only thing that matters is the ratio. In your entire diet try to get a 4:1 ratio of Omega 6:Omega 3. For most people though, fish oil is the easiest way to get Omega 3.

I've responded to this before in another thread, but the ratio alone is not all that is important, at least when stated simply as above also ignoring the ratio compared to other fats and macronutrients. For a set total caloric intake, there has to be an upper level. Please convince me how on a 2000 calorie diet, intaking 80 G's of omega 6 (roughly 1/3 of all caloric intake) is okay even if you go bananas on the fish oil and get 20 g of omega 3.

well just b/c you got your ratio of O-3 and O-6 balanced out doesnt mean you can just go out there and consume like massive meat and nuts and balance it out with fish oils or whatever... you still need good balaned diet, not overwhelming

flax might be alright

the ratio is about 3:1 omega 3:6 before your body starts converting it to EPA + DHA, which will make the ratio worse

I've responded to this before in another thread, but the ratio alone is not all that is important, at least when stated simply as above also ignoring the ratio compared to other fats and macronutrients. For a set total caloric intake, there has to be an upper level. Please convince me how on a 2000 calorie diet, intaking 80 G's of omega 6 (roughly 1/3 of all caloric intake) is okay even if you go bananas on the fish oil and get 20 g of omega 3.

everytime i eat salmon, i notice my face looking SOOOO much better. but unfortunately, it's expensive!