Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaLa2006

short people & capris

so i am super short. i am 19 years old and i am 5 foot. i was at vanity the other day and fell in love with these denim capris [hydraulic brand]. ive never worn capris b4 so i decided to try em on. where do capris usually end at? that sounds like a stupid question i guess. do you think short people look weird with capris?? im going back tomorrow and im not sure if i should get em not. are they sposed to stop right below the knee?

this isnt the pair but this is what the bottom of the capris looks like [idk if that matters or not]:

http://www.kohls.com/products/product_page...D=1181587570690

The length can really vary from brand to brand and style to style. Generally a cuffed pair is a bit longer. I'm rather short as well (5'3") AND I have stumpy legs :dry: One thing I've noticed is that if they flare at all around the calf, they really make your legs look short. Look for a pair that tapers into the leg line, a smooth line always looks longer.

i agree with ayla. it really depends on the brand and style, but the pair you exampled tend to hit right above the ankle. i'm on the short side too (5'4") and have given up on capris. overall, i don't think they're very flattering on anyone. for me, i have chicken legs and find that bermuda shorts work best for me, or the petal pushers that hit my knee.

as long as they're straight-legged like that, they sholdn't really make you appear shorter. if you're comfortable in them, and they look good on you, you should go for it! you should feel good and confident in the clothes you wear! :)

I'm 5'2 with shoes, lol, so I have confusion about capris too.

I have several pairs though. Some come to just above the ankle area, but most others fall just below the calf.

I think they look much better with sandals though and you can get away with them being a bit longer than normal.

I don't have any with the large cuff like the pics above.

ill hafta try em on again 2morrow just to make sure! haha. i love the capris in the 2nd pic [the dillards one] but $68 for capris!! thats crazy!

hey there.

i'm 5'1 so i tend to stay away from capris; they make me look dumpy. now, you can get away with them if you have a nice pair of heels on since that elongates the leg. if you like the crop look, wide leg gouchos are good as well as bermuda shorts that hit right at the knee. anything longer than that just looks funny on us vertically challenged gals.

^^it really all depends on your body type. the wrong pair can certainly make you look squatty. overall, i think fitted capris tend to look better than wider-legged capris or gaucho pants. i'm thin, but i'm thicker in the middle with skinny legs, so if i wear loose legged capris, i look terrible! and if you wear heels, definitely they should be more fitted.

Capris can hit below the knee, mid calf, or a few inches above the ankle (lower calf?). The longer they are they usually looked better cuffed or very fitted or else you look like you bought too short pants or too long capris. It's best to stick with capris that hit mid calf or right below the knee so it's clear they are supposed to be capris.

I'm on the tall side, but all the women in my family are short & that is how they wear them. Of course, they also all wear heels everyday no matter what :D

So just try them on & see how they look on you. That's the best way to find out.

I'm 4'11....I have the same problem with capris.....they are always too long. It's important that they hit a bit below the knee......any longer and they cut off your legs and make you stumpy. Wear them with sandals or ballet flats that expose a good portion of your foot, that elongates the legs......

I was afraid of capris forever beacaus I'm so short, but if they hit at the right point on your leg they can look cute...

I actually have a few pairs of cargo pants that rool up into capris....those are cute for a casual look....

^ My cousin is really short (i'm like a fucking giant so i'm not alot of use in this) but she just bought some of the roll up one and all i did was move the button up a little higher which is really easy to do, now they look fine. If you are slightly worried or buying over the internet get ones like these which you can adjust to fit you exactly.

I'm petite - 5'3" and about 100 lbs - and capris do NOT flatter my figure at all! Some short women can get away with them, but I think they look good on very few.

i agree with ayla. it really depends on the brand and style, but the pair you exampled tend to hit right above the ankle. i'm on the short side too (5'4") and have given up on capris. overall, i don't think they're very flattering on anyone. for me, i have chicken legs and find that bermuda shorts work best for me, or the petal pushers that hit my knee.

Wow.. lots of short girlies around here.. Im also 5' I just bought some capris from The Limited that fit really well and they have ties on the bottom so you can adjust how long they are.. I love them. I also usually have pretty good luck at The Gap

I say try em on, and if you like em, buy em. Who cares where on your leg they are supposed to hit- that's how the trend got started anyway. someone wore some short pants, and the next thing you know everyone else was wearing them too.

Hi! If you like them and think they look good on you, buy them. My friend is 4'11". She wears capris. She wears the tapered ones and they look adorable on her. I'm a full 8 inches taller than she is: she looks better in capris than I do. :P I've got chickeny lower legs; she has nice calves. Her capris tend to hit her slightly above mid-calf.

The capris cut slightly below the knees look great and give an illusion of height. Add on a pair of heels and you're great! I like strappy sandals with a slight heel, they show more of your foot so it makes one think you're taller. (That's likely only in my mind, though!)

I'm 5'0 and I like capris, because they accentuate my leg shape. I always make sure that they are not longer than knee length. And I wear a small heel most of the times.

I don't think I look shorter with it. But it depends on the shape of your legs, I think.

I'm 5'0 and I like capris, because they accentuate my leg shape. I always make sure that they are not longer than knee length. And I wear a small heel most of the times.

I don't think I look shorter with it. But it depends on the shape of your legs, I think.

You definitely want them to hit right about the middle of your calf, and I agree the flare-d out cut will shorten your legs even more. I gotta say, I have a short friend who wears capris and I really think its a huge no-no for pint size girls, it accentuates their shortness even further. I am tall and wear them specifically TO make my legs look a little more proportioned to my body...just something to think about.

I am hella glad the gauchos are on their way out tho.

Yay! Short girl party!!! I'm 5"0.... I absolutely LOVE capris....it means I don't have to do hemming! ;)