Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shandon2

Anti Acne Tea

Just before Christmas I started drinking an anti acne tea. I drink three cups a day and it has done wonders for my skin. This tea worked much better for me than Acnezine or even the Clearpores system. I am still drinking this tea out of habit and I don't miss drinking Tim Hortons coffee whatsoever. This tea helps to keep my face clear.

Its called "Anti Acne Tea" and I purchased it from a Chinese Herb store. My supply is running low so when I go pick some up this week I will take note of the manufacturer etc and list the ingredients. Some of the stuff on the packaging ofcourse I cannot read b/c its in Chinese but I guess I could always ask the owner of the store what it means.

Its called "Anti Acne Tea" and I purchased it from a Chinese Herb store. My supply is running low so when I go pick some up this week I will take note of the manufacturer etc and list the ingredients. Some of the stuff on the packaging ofcourse I cannot read b/c its in Chinese but I guess I could always ask the owner of the store what it means.

A week ago I went to a chinese pharmacy near my house and asked for tea that helped to reduce acne, as I had heard of it before. I ended up with the chinese doctor who wrote me a long prescription, which I had to give to two pharmacists who took 20 minutes measuring all kinds of herbs, moss, mushrooms, nuts and seashells and put it in huuuge plastic bags. I now have to boil the whole thing for an hour, strain it and drink the concentrated dark goo that comes out of it, and it's the grossest thing in the world!! :sick:

I know it's nothing like the anti-acne tea you were talking about, but I wish I had read your post earlier and knew kind of what to expect instead of paying big bucks for strange remedy that makes my tummy hurt and gargle all night! Eww... Oh well, maybe it'll work! :):rolleyes:

Can you post a picture of the tea box? :)

I heard something about "Pimple Tea". Which was some combination of green tea and honeysuckle. But I haven't seen it anywhere.

Currently, I'm trying to drink lots of green tea to see if that has any effect. No results yet. But I'll keep trying, since I'm hooked on the green tea now. Tastes good with a bit of Jasmine too.

Please post if you find your Anti Acne Tea ingredients.

I use to drink silver needle from teavana. I didn't really see a difference in my skin that much...probably just helped calm my skin down a little. They said I could see results in about 2 weeks...but I drank it for 3 and didn't see a big difference. I also got addicted to the caffeine in it. When i stopped I got headaches for about week.

If any of you guys decide to take up tea, be careful with the caffeine.

Hi. How the heck does one post a picture on here....I was requested to post a picture of the teabox but I have no idea how to. Could someone please walk me thru it?

Thanks

This isnt the same tea you were describing as it isnt in chinese, but I have found that it helps (but I also think green tea really helps too so i could be wrong, but worth a try). I have to warn you all though that it doesnt taste too bad, but I dont like it either. I just suffer through a cup or two a day.

It's by FLORA and it's called "Clear Complexion" It wasnt expensive, I think about $3.00 for a box of twenty bags. I bought this online from www.luckyvitamin.com

Good luck all, and I believe green tea has really helped me with the DK regimen. I drink about 3 cups a day

I drink 2-3 cups of Skin purify tea by dr. stuarts. Dunno if it's sold in the states. personally, I order it online from Victoria Health, a London store. It contains lots of different herbs that are supposed to help purify the skin and relieve it from toxins and costs smth like 3.5 pounds for 40 sachets (maybe more, i forgot). oh, it's also caffeine free.

Cant really say if it actually helps, but it does make me feel better. it propably contributes to slowly clearing my skin....Also, if you read the ingredients on the pack (Red clover etc) they are all famous anti-acne herbs. comes in a cool box as well.

Here are the ingredients in the Clear Complexion Tea

Dandelion leaves, juniper berries, raspberry leaves, rosehips, speedwell, yarrow, birch leaves, buckbean leaves, calendula flowers, echinacea root, nettle leaves, rosemary leaves.

Please post a pic or tell us the brand name! I want to get some.

I actually went to a chinese herbalist, told him my symptoms and he took out a scroll (not joking) and he wrote up and ingredient list for a tea. It had like 15 different things in the tea, i had 2 cups a day. I worked really well, I had no acne untill I stopped taking it. It was way too much money. 100 bucks for a 2 week supply. I took it for the whole summer, spent way too much money on it. It had dandelion and all sorts of root extracts and deep stuff that i cant fathom.

I'd really love to see the box so I can try and go out to one of the asian stores around my area to see if we have it, or if not, do some searching to see where I can order it. I think to post a picture you just click on the little box for an image, it's the second one to the right of the smilies thing. You have to upload the picture somewhere first though, like imageshack or photobucket, and then just paste the URL in and the pic should show.

P.S. - happy new year everyone!

[edit]

I did a little bit of research, and I found these two products

http://www.discountnaturalhealth.com/prod201.htm

http://lulucanada.com/shop/product_info.ph...7118873cb464461

Are either of those what you have?