Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautifulSkinAgain

Can you still be attractive with acne scars?

That question is completely subjective. If I said yes, would you then think that everyone with acne scars is attractive? And if I said no-- would you think that everyone with acne scarring is unattractive? For me, acne scarring does not determine if someone is attractive or not. It is only a small part of the person as a whole.

Tommy lee jones (obvious), lawrence fishburn, i think bill murray's got a couple of scars, even nic cage has some by his jaw line (usually the right lighting and makeup make them unnoticable in most scenes). But it all depends on their age and the roles that they play. Those 3 stars certainly dont play "young people" anymore.

I think it depends on the persons original attractiveness prior to acne scars then of course how severe the acne scars are, i think in general men fair slightly better in being able to carry them off due to sterotypes. Also if the person has alot of confidence you tend not to notice their acne scars so much. So it really varies from case to case.

Yes, people who have acne scars can still be attractive. My husband is gorgeous. He thinks I am. We both have scars. I have more than he.

My husband doesn't mind my scars at all. He says they're just extra smile creases. I've learned to focus more on my inner happiness for outer beauty, because a cheerful countenance seems to make more "beauty flaws" disappear than makeup can. The real person always shines through, and that's what I think a person is actually attracted to.

Two words:

Brad Pitt. THE most gorgeous man on the planet has acne scarring.

So in answer to your question, hell YES people can be attractive with acne scars.

Yes you can. I think it all depends on your facial features. If you have a gorgeous/handsome facial features, then of course you can still be attractive with acne scars IMO

I think that being attractive isn't just about being physically good-looking. It's about a person's personality and their whole demeanour too - things like being confident and socially intelligent.

So, yeah, people with acne scars can still be attractive. It's like sometimes, I am bothered by my skin and I feel ugly and this shows in my body language and I won't look people in the eye much, etc and I'll get less positive attention. Other times, I am not bothered by my skin and I am really confident and I'll get a lot of good attention.

i think it reall depends on the person...and if your a man it helps as well...there is so much pressure on women to look good.....

when my face was the worse i've met some woman that really like me...which at that time seem crazy...cause i was so insecure...

I think that being attractive isn't just about being physically good-looking. It's about a person's personality and their whole demeanour too - things like being confident and socially intelligent.

So, yeah, people with acne scars can still be attractive. It's like sometimes, I am bothered by my skin and I feel ugly and this shows in my body language and I won't look people in the eye much, etc and I'll get less positive attention. Other times, I am not bothered by my skin and I am really confident and I'll get a lot of good attention.

Yeah, what she said!

They have been very detrimental to me. I think that the reason some of the male movie stars and Seal are still considered to be attractive even with scars is that they are famous and loaded with cash. That makes most men attractive to women.

I think you can be attractive in spite of them but not because of them. Plastic sugery textbooks will even say if scarring is not able to be improved upon suggest to the patient some type of surgery that will improve overall appearance. That being said, I think that if someone is super attractive, a little scarring or an imperfection can make them seem more human and accessible.

They have been very detrimental to me. I think that the reason some of the male movie stars and Seal are still considered to be attractive even with scars is that they are famous and loaded with cash. That makes most men attractive to women.

First, you need to accept that men and women are attracted to different things. In a nutshell:

Men are attracted to physical beauty.

Women are attracted to - ultimately - confidence.

A man may not want to be with a beatiful dolt, but he will be ATTRACTED to one until she does something to kill the attraction. Likewise, women may like a rich or good looking guy, but its the confidence that being rich or good looking provides that creates the ATTRACTION. Confidence, luckily, can be gained in a lot of ways.

So, if you are a man with acne scars, you can blow that out by being confident, scars or not. Women, on the other hand, have it tougher, since they are relentlessly (almost cruelly) judged on their looks, and acne scars are unnatractive. Beauty, unfortunately, can only be changed so much by makeup, excercise, etc. Though a particularly charismatic women can overcome a lot of beauty downsides, men will not feel instant attraction for her. She must create it through other means, and even then she can only go so far (though it may be far enough to build a long term relationship).

This sucks, and can be unfair, but this is the way of things, in my not inconsiderable experience.