Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Im Have a Very Horrible Habit I Need to Break

Wow....this little spat is getting really pathetic.

Hi Molly:

Definitely see an MD and/or psychiatrist. If your eyelid is itchy, there is likely a physical or mental explanation for it. Either way, physical or mental, it IS all physical. The brain is a complex organic soup of all sorts of neurotransmitters and electrical impulses and tissue. One little tiny thing goes awry...things become a bit haywire.

A misbehaving nerve could make your eyelid itchy. Psoriasis could make it itchy. Thinking about it could make your eye itchy. You know how it is in a health care setting when one patient gets diagnosed with scabies? EVERYONE starts itching and panicking.

Good luck! :)

That's the wierdest bad habit ive ever heard of.

my advice is just stop and when you want to do it, just keep telling yourself not to, and you wont. thats what works for me.

Wow....this little spat is getting really pathetic.

Hi Molly:

Definitely see an MD and/or psychiatrist. If your eyelid is itchy, there is likely a physical or mental explanation for it. Either way, physical or mental, it IS all physical. The brain is a complex organic soup of all sorts of neurotransmitters and electrical impulses and tissue. One little tiny thing goes awry...things become a bit haywire.

A misbehaving nerve could make your eyelid itchy. Psoriasis could make it itchy. Thinking about it could make your eye itchy. You know how it is in a health care setting when one patient gets diagnosed with scabies? EVERYONE starts itching and panicking.

Good luck! :)

It is not all physical. Not at all. There may be physiological and/or biological factors involved, but especially considering your depression and panic disorder, it is ridiculous to assume that all of your problems are purely physical. If you think it's purely physical, why would you suggest she see a psychiatrist? That doesn't make sense.

Leaving out the fact that you do have panic disorder is like saying, "I've gained 50 pounds and I haven't slept for 12 days straight. What's wrong with me? Oh yeah, P.S. I have a Major Depressive Disorder." That is a red flag, given your panic disorder and obvious extreme anxiety. The eye lash picking is most probably a consquence of your psychopathologies, not a whole new problem in and of itself.

How long have you been seeing a therapist? And why have you failed to say anything regarding this before?

Actually, the habit of pulling out eye brows or eye lashes is really common. Especially in people with anxiety problems.

I do this when I'm hella tired and I can't sleep, but I don't try to pull em off :confused:

I had a roommate in college (the worst one ever may I add) who kinda did the same thing, when she was stressed she picked her eyebrows and she didnt even fill them in.. they always looked awful and patchy..

Thats nice and you are helping me how?

Yeah my panic disorder is very severe to rush25. Half the time I cannot breathe. I just hold my chest in because I dont want to feel my heart beating super fast.

Why don't you get actual help with this? This disorder can be horribly debilitating.

I guess I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to get help with this and get it under control so that you can have a normal life.

Seeing a therapist every two weeks is not going to cut it.

Why don't you get actual help with this? This disorder can be horribly debilitating.

I guess I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to get help with this and get it under control so that you can have a normal life.

Of course I want help

Of course I want help

[

Don't get upset, I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think and compulsive picking is a pretty common problem. I knew a girl in high school who pulled at her eyelashes all the time, and she managed to get it under control, but not on her own. You're not an MD or a psychologist, I'm not an MD or a psychologist, but you could see one or both and work with them to get to the bottom of this.

and now you understand why people get into with Molly, these threads get started, he gets offered viable advice, refuses to take it and then goes on and on for pages. Molly, I think is some type of nurse assistant,he has access to medical staff all day to ask a question and get quick advice .. if he truly does see a therapist twice a week ,why hasn't he addressed this compulsion with them?

whatver I was diagnosed with depression and bipolar tendencies, I take my meds, see my MD and therapist and workout with my trainer to trim my aggression... as any logical person would do.. in the words of Necromancer, Case Closed!

btw, in obsessive comp[ulsive disorder, there's evidence to supp[ort that a probale aggregator may be lack of communication between 2 areas in the brain, one resosible for blatant motivation, and the other for judgement/emotion/reason. just to add to something the was previosly posted, i think everything is fundamentally physical, i think that was the jist of what that person was trying to say, therefore mental thouhgt, per se, is fundamentally physical, and i firmly believe that mental thought (as weightless as it may seem) can change physiology. i strongly recommend cognitive behavioural therapy, plaz asky ur therapist becasue this treatment is paramount in OCD, it helps establish connections in the brain that will alleviate OCD tendencies. it's smart and proven effective

WOW, sry about all those typos... :redface:

Yeah...I thought Molly was a girl too. Hmmm.

There are biological and physiological components involved in mental illness and mental processes in general. They are not considered physical.

Yeah...I thought Molly was a girl too. Hmmm.

There are biological and physiological components involved in mental illness and mental processes in general. They are not considered physical.

I didn't say that you're being illogical. In fact, my whole point is that logic has little to do with people with mental illnesses. And I didn't insult your illness or your road to recovery. The fact that you're so in control of your illness and recovery is phenomenal. But implying that Molly should be doing the same only because you're doing it is wrong.