Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fred

guy makeup

Hey Girls,

do you know what a guy could use to cover up the red spots ? I would like to buy online because I wouldn't see myself buying makeup stuff at the drug store.

Do you know any website?

there you go thanks, I'm not too good using the search thing smile.gif

do you know any make up specially made for acne? Something that can fight acne at the same time?

Very new to acne.org, but a ton of experience with ance and covering it up; I'm a man in my 30's and I've had acne since I was 13 - mine is mild to moderate. Anyway, I've found that the best way to cover my mild scars, discoloration, acne, is a product from Janet Sartin (a very famous & expensive skin salon in NYC & Chicago - very celeb packed) called Duel Performance Make-up. I've used it for 10 years now and NOBODY has ever guessed I'm wearing make-up (I work in conservative corporate America under office lighting, and my co-workers wouldn't miss the opportunity if they could)! It comes in a plastic bottle and is basically a tinted powder (many colors) and mild astringent formula - you shake it up (consistancy of skim milk), put it on a cotton ball, apply to your face, rub in with you fingers, done. It was produced my Janet Sartin years ago for people just like us, doesn't cause acne - I dont think it can. Anyway, probably running out of space, if you want more info please dont hesitate to ask; I wish there was a sight like this when I was younger!!

definately try the makeup out first - go to a cosmetic counter not the drugstore. It's very hard to find decent makeup that looks natural, and you'll wind up wasting a lot of money at the drugstore, since you won't be able to try them out first. The ladies at the cosmetic counters are also usually pretty good about recommending what will work for your skin texture, and what will have the amount of coverage you're looking for, and will be better at matching the color of the cosmetics at their counter.

Very new to acne.org, but a ton of experience with ance and covering it up; I'm a man in my 30's and I've had acne since I was 13 - mine is mild to moderate.  Anyway, I've found that the best way to cover my mild scars, discoloration, acne, is a product from Janet Sartin (a very famous & expensive skin salon in NYC & Chicago - very celeb packed) called Duel Performance Make-up.  I've used it for 10 years now and NOBODY has ever guessed I'm wearing make-up (I work in conservative corporate America under office lighting, and my co-workers wouldn't miss the opportunity if they could)!  It comes in a plastic bottle and is basically a tinted powder (many colors) and mild astringent formula - you shake it up (consistancy of skim milk), put it on a cotton ball, apply to your face, rub in with you fingers, done.  It was produced my Janet Sartin years ago for people just like us, doesn't cause acne - I dont think it can. Anyway, probably running out of space, if you want more info please dont hesitate to ask; I wish there was a sight like this when I was younger!!

Where can one get this?

go to 'sartin.com' - called 'duel performance makeup'. i believe it is also carried in some finer deparment stores - bloomingdales, fields, etc. it's available in regular and extra coverage (extra is too thick looking to me). also, there is a brand called 'erno laszlo' carried at saks, neimans, and i know they have a web site; widely available in these stores. it basically is the same as sartin, but i find it to be somewhat chalky looking on me. fyi: this is not a traditional 'foundation' (i have tried them too, but makes me look like i'm in semi drag - no disrespect intended). it evens out your skin tone and conceals just enough (i still use a derma blend stick on really bad spots). you dont want to try to erase your imperfections with makeup, that ALWAYS looks fake, you just want them toned down.