Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hottie

ZINC!!!!! Write hear about how ZINC helped u get clear!!!!!!

Hey everyone , I have been taking Zinc for almost 2 weeks now..and I heard it takes about 2 monthes to actually see resluts...So all u ppl taking ZINC could u tell me all about it. And what kind of results it gave u ! Thanks !!!!!

Well, if you actually see results, let us know. I have yet to see one medical study that suggests that zinc supplementation helps in treating acne.

Here is something to think about:

Zinc is an essential mineral, but too much is not beneficial. Signs of zinc toxicity include nausea/vomiting, growth retardation, altered iron function, anemia, decreased copper status, decreased immune function, decreased HDL (high density lipoprotein), and increased LDL (low density lipoprotein).

Some people claim that zinc helped them, so maybe you can try and post the results here.

Then again, I tried it...and it doesn't heal my acne, but it doesn't make it worst either, so no harm caused I guess

Taking a multivitamin and multimineral will help the look of your skin overall not to mention your body as a whole, when your body has all the resources it needs to function correctly of course you will see and feel changes, I've been taking multivitamin and multiminerals for months, noticed after about 4-5 weeks I had more energy than usualy, my skin looked healthier overall and my marks we're fading quicker, however I'm not sure how it effects active acne.

Thats kewl...yah i have been taking 60 mg of Zinc and a multi vitamin for 2 weeks now ..and the skin that has no pimples on it looks absoluetly great. And the skin with pimples still is looking about 10% better than usual. So I am gunna keep it up, seeing I heard Zinc takes 2 months to fully work. write back ppl! smile.gif

I have been taking zinc daily for two weeks now...or maybe close to three...i forget. but in addition i take chromium picolinate to help fats break down and omega-3 fatty acids to replace "bad" fats. I was taking this vitamin C pill daily for a while but then realized it was 500% of the RDA so i cut down to one every other day! Vit C is good for collagen rebuilding so that if you have red marks (damaged skin) it helps to rebuild faster.

SO....i think the zinc in my system is helping me heal faster though my urine is almost NEON YELLOW. i know it's gross but has anyone had this happen to them? It might be from all the Vit C...

I am also using Apresia products (see post) which has a lot of zinc in it. Their rep e-mailed me and told me that I should take zinc for a few weeks to replenish my body in addition to using their products. we'll see how this works though I am always doubtful of any products these days.

Guest Stu :-)

haha, no im pretty sure thats the vitamin b and a that makes it glow in the dark peee..

Ive been on zinc for about 2 months. It has slightly helped with scaring but hasn't really treated my acne (got i hate that word) all that much.