Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on Accutane for over 3 months now. Tonight I was out with a girl I've known for 3 or 4 years but recently she's been wanting to go out with me. It was tough work trying to keep her interested yet not seeing her because of the first month or 2 of Accutane and what that can do.....

Well the last few weeks had been very good as far as the course is going so tonight we went out..... I was quite hesitant at first but decided I couldnt wait around any longer.

Despite how hard I find it to talk to people, we managed to keep conversation going for a good 3+ hrs. I guessed maybe she liked me but couldnt be sure.... she has a good nature anyway but I cant read minds.

When I brought her home she just wouldnt get out of the car.... she sat and made conversation for at least another hour. So finally she gets out...... Not that I wanted her to leave but I was curious as to what the situation was.

So just before she was going to shut the door I told her I was going to the park on Sunday to walk my dog and would she like to come ? She leans into the car, takes the back of my head and gives me a big kiss. I almost couldnt beleive it. :lol: ...........To think of the effect Accutane had on my lips until 3 weeks ago.... I cant help but laugh !

On the way home it was mixed emotions. I like this girl a lot but there is one thing constantly on my mind.... its that 4 letter word that begins with A and ends with E and its ruined the past 3 years of my life.

Even thought Accutane has really helped a lot with confidence, I still find it hard show any feelings or emotions. I very rarely find anything in conversation 'funny' as in the past anything 'funny' was usually a remark directed at me. I just cant 'lighten up'.

Can anyone relate to feeling like this ??? Ways to over come the psychological effects of a**e ?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I've been on Accutane for over 3 months now. Tonight I was out with a girl I've known for 3 or 4 years but recently she's been wanting to go out with me. It was tough work trying to keep her interested yet not seeing her because of the first month or 2 of Accutane and what that can do.....

Well the last few weeks had been very good as far as the course is going so tonight we went out..... I was quite hesitant at first but decided I couldnt wait around any longer.

Despite how hard I find it to talk to people, we managed to keep conversation going for a good 3+ hrs. I guessed maybe she liked me but couldnt be sure.... she has a good nature anyway but I cant read minds.

When I brought her home she just wouldnt get out of the car.... she sat and made conversation for at least another hour. So finally she gets out...... Not that I wanted her to leave but I was curious as to what the situation was.

So just before she was going to shut the door I told her I was going to the park on Sunday to walk my dog and would she like to come ? She leans into the car, takes the back of my head and gives me a big kiss. I almost couldnt beleive it. :lol: ...........To think of the effect Accutane had on my lips until 3 weeks ago.... I cant help but laugh !

On the way home it was mixed emotions. I like this girl a lot but there is one thing constantly on my mind.... its that 4 letter word that begins with A and ends with E and its ruined the past 3 years of my life.

Even thought Accutane has really helped a lot with confidence, I still find it hard show any feelings or emotions. I very rarely find anything in conversation 'funny' as in the past anything 'funny' was usually a remark directed at me. I just cant 'lighten up'.

Can anyone relate to feeling like this ??? Ways to over come the psychological effects of a**e ?

This thread made me smile :). It seems like she REALLY likes you dude. It's time for you to make up for those wasted 3 years!

BTW, I really hope accutane works for me too. I can't really give any advice on the "funny" thing because I find most things funny but then again I have a cheap sense of humour muhahaha. Just try smiling a lot more.. It will begin to come naturally as your confidence grows I'm sure :D.

Hmm well since you seem to be doing the right thing you should continue whatever it is you are doing, kiss her next time you meet or something, it should end well. Hopefully.

that's sooooooooooo cute! make more effort to see her, talk to her, etc. show her your playful side

I saw her again tonight and things are ok....... must be - Got another kiss..... 2 actually with a very brief pause between the 2. :lol:

The good times of the last month are purely thanks to Accutane. Its been good to me and I hope it helps everyone else in the same boat as me.

I'd like to make the point that it isnt Accutane thats causing me to feel a lack of emotion or feelings etc.... Its just been the last 3 years grinding away at me. I know practically everyone on this board feels exactly the same. If you bother to register then its obviously having a psychological effect on you.

I dont know if there is any treatment for that, I think it just takes time ???

Confidence man, that's all you need.

If she kissed you, she has CLEARLY show that she don't care about your acne.

Just act confident, and believe in yourself. Don't hesitate to do anything, don't act nervous or anything, just play it cool.

Thats the thing......, she's never seen me with acne. I'm on Accutane now so there is nothing to see.

Which kind of worries me, what happens if worst comes to worst and she has to see it one day???. Perhaps her feelings for me would be different. Who knows, shes 19 and too young to see that there is more to life than just whats on the surface.

Its like i'm living a lie (and maybe a few more of us are)....I'm quite prepared to happily go out with her because my skin is currently clear. I would not be comfortable with her if it wasnt. So its almost like I should not put her in that position because one day at the drop of a hat it could all change.

I would simply be too embarassed to see her. I know looks are important to this girl (I'll admit, this is not something I admire in a person). Yet I can understand that when people first meet, its all they have to go on really.

I would be much happier with someone who was experiencing or at one time felt the same pain and could be understanding. Finding someone like that would be very difficult.

What do you do ??? Walk up to every girl you like with acne and hit on them ?

Its just the world we live in. People are too shallow these days.

so i believed that once i was clear, i could express my self truly. uninhibited by stupid skin problems and my true self would shine.

so i took accutane and bided my time, twiddling my thumbs till i was clear and........ so i was.

then there was this girl who had lividly admitted to me that she liked me for 2 years so i thought, well i'm a different and better person now, and well, i was different, but not better.

During those 2 years that she quietly admired me, i was living in complete anguish, unsure if i could ever be loved again. In every encounter, i never really thought she liked me, in every single brief look, i thought she was looking through me, Till the day she told me she watched me for 2 years. So i dove in, thinking every thing that i wanted and happened i deserved finally. I was clear, who the fuck cares now? Who cares if i'm a snob? who cares if im a complete asshole? I was a douche bag behind every fake smile i gave her, and i didn't care.

Was this really me?

From the quiet times that i fantasized as to what i would do when i am clear, to what i did to her when i was, i really was a monster.

whatever i'm ranting now, just don't fuck it up like i did, so damn horribly. tread the water lightly between you two and see what she sees in you, not what you see in yourself.

nobody is gonna talk to you for three hours or go on a date with you if they hate you.

Unless shes the type that really just wants to be "nice" and has no real self esteem to voice what she really thinks.

Odds are way in your favor still.

Alright, obviously she likes you.....and the whole staying in the car and not getting out thing was a red flag meaning she was waiting for you to make the first move and kiss her. Girls do that sometimes...put off getting out of the car, mess with there keys when you walk them to the door and take forever to go inside....stupid stuff like that.

As far as your acne goes, its not all about looks and i'm sure that if she was willing to make the first move and kiss you she doesn't care about a little pimple here and there. She obviously has a conection with you on another level and its not just physical...caring about someone makes it very easy to look past the imperfections infact, my boyfriends imperfections are what make him the beautiful person he is. Inside and out!

Try to remember that next time your worried about your face when your with her. Good luck!!

so i believed that once i was clear, i could express my self truly. uninhibited by stupid skin problems and my true self would shine.

so i took accutane and bided my time, twiddling my thumbs till i was clear and........ so i was.

then there was this girl who had lividly admitted to me that she liked me for 2 years so i thought, well i'm a different and better person now, and well, i was different, but not better.

During those 2 years that she quietly admired me, i was living in complete anguish, unsure if i could ever be loved again. In every encounter, i never really thought she liked me, in every single brief look, i thought she was looking through me, Till the day she told me she watched me for 2 years. So i dove in, thinking every thing that i wanted and happened i deserved finally. I was clear, who the fuck cares now? Who cares if i'm a snob? who cares if im a complete asshole? I was a douche bag behind every fake smile i gave her, and i didn't care.

Was this really me?

From the quiet times that i fantasized as to what i would do when i am clear, to what i did to her when i was, i really was a monster.

whatever i'm ranting now, just don't fuck it up like i did, so damn horribly. tread the water lightly between you two and see what she sees in you, not what you see in yourself.

..let yourself go... accutane did what it had to do, now its your turn.. go get her man...:thumbsup:

Hi TheQuietEngineer, this is good news!

I too am an engineer, and so is my husband. Have you noticed how hard it is to let go of analyzing and "what-iffing" and trying to prepare for any complication that might arise? I have! At work that serves us well, but in relationships it can be a real joy-killer.

You, I'm afraid, are going to have to accept that this girl really does like you, and that what others like about you is still going to be there regardless of whether you remain clear or not! :D That will take some getting used to, but try to trust in it. Do your best to relax, enjoy, and regain the sense of humor that has been taking a beating during this difficult time. Don't worry about what might happen in the future, just take it for what it is right now and have some fun!

Don't do anything differently... she likes you. Usually the guy makes the first move. Just continue being yourself and don't fall in love with her to quickly.

I want to thank everyone who has responded to my thread. I didnt realise people could say such kind things at all ! :lol:

Well..... I still see this girl and things are really great. She isnt nervous around me or anything. I still get that goodnight kiss.

I too am an engineer, and so is my husband. Have you noticed how hard it is to let go of analyzing and "what-iffing" and trying to prepare for any complication that might arise? I have! At work that serves us well, but in relationships it can be a real joy-killer.