Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whywhywhy

Please, some help again, I'd appreciate it alot

Right, I got a few questions, I am not quite sure when I'm clear, because of these factors

1. I have brownish, redish marks left after the swelling, they are smooth, what are they? Are they considered scars (They are level with the rest of my skin) or are they still active zits?

2. Twice, I was at the point where I had practically no active zits (maybe one) and some marks had faded...but I broke out again. I asked this before, but I have begun to think It might be the dryness from the BP that made me break out again, is that possible? If not- what the hell is it? (I am on Dan's regimen)

3. I am on Dans regimen, and I have been following it almost exactly as he tells us to, but I have been on it for about...two months now. My acne is really quite mild acne...so I'm wondering if that's normal, if it can take that long?

4. Uh, whatever the brownish/reddish marks are, what can I do to make them fade quicker!!!

5. Once I'm clear and rid of the brownish marks, will it be easier to keep clear? Or will I break out as much??

1. I have brownish, redish marks left after the swelling, they are smooth, what are they? Are they considered scars (They are level with the rest of my skin) or are they still active zits?

1. search for posts and topics on red marks and how to treat them. If they don't hurt to the touch then they are usually no longer active.

2. If you are experiencing dryness you might consider using a moisturiser if your aren't already.

3. Two months is a relatively short time for acne treatment. I'd be happy if that is how long they normally took.

4. Aloe vera, BHAs, AHA, time...look around at the other topics on red marks. Also check out the scars forum. They aren't classed as scars but you'll find useful advice on dealing with them there.

5. I don't think red marks affects how much you break out unless you can feel a bump underneath which means there is a potential for a previous cist to come back.

Hyperpigmentation. They are not active in themselves...but you can develop an entirely new spot in the same place. The ADA considers them scars if they haven't disappeared after one year. They generally fade away on their own accord - they take a looooong time to go. You can speed their disappearance by using a bleaching agent or aha product. Check the scarboard FAQ for more info.

Macule is certainly more correct/specific. Either way a macule is a form of post inflamatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).

I have been following it almost exactly as he tells us to, but I have been on it for about...two months now

"almost exactly" concerns me a little.

Please write down precisely what you do, morning and evening, and what products you are using. Take some time with your post and try to put everything in there. Leave nothing out at all. We'll figure it out.

Also, before you post, check out http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking and try to address those things here too.

-Dan

Uh, well, my Skin heals really, really fast, i'm almost clear again, but I don't want to break out again, and I still got the spots, but lighter than before. So here we go. (Sounds odd because I just started complaining about them, but my skin works well, I guess)

In the begining, I didn't use moisturizer, but I stared using it a while ago.

Alright, uh, in the evening, I'd wash my face with Alba Botanica hypo-allergenic Herbal Foaming Cleanser. I pat dry my face, and wait like a four minutes, and apply BP. For a while, I was using 3 fingers, for some stupid reason, but I stopped.

Well, after that, I wouldn't really mosturize, because I'd never get to bed in time if I did. (I hate it, it takes so long to get ready)

I do the same in the morning, except I cleanse my face in the shower. I recently started apply moisurizer to my skin mornings, and used was less BP, mostly only applying it to trouble areas.

The moisturizer I was using was Kiehls' Creme De Corps, but I stopped that, and now use MSM Pure and Natural body lotion. (It has vitamins in it, and some aloe Vera. It seems to be less irriating or oily than the other stuff, but it works as well)

Hmm...well, that's all I can think of now.

Those products seem a little irritating, and I would never use body lotion on my face. This is what I use, and my skin is perfect:

Purpose cleansing wash, wait 15 min

Proactiv bp, wait 15 min

Ceptahil moisterizer w/SPF 15 and Parsol 1789

whywhywhy...aren't you a demanding little fellow?

I can't see any problem with your cleanser as it contains no actives. However it is not one off the list Dan provides and you have bought it apparently on the basis of one user. If you feel that it is somehow contributing to your problems (I don't see how) you could change. Remember to NOT scrub or rub or leave your cleanser on for any length of time.

BP...apply it only to areas which are prone to acne. DO NOT go smearing it on your whole face unless your whole face is prone to acne. Don't skimp or skip....it is the only ant acne agent you are using...therefore it is the only thing between you and a breakout.

Body Lotion is NOT appropriate for your face...it is usually made to a more emollient consistency than is appropriate. You need to use an oil free facial moisturiser with a spf during the day. I would start with one of the brands off Dan's list.

First of all, it is vital that you moisturize, so it's good you've started doing that. You can't expect good results without doing that. So that may have solved your problem right there.

However, body moisturizer scares me. Does it contain oil? If so, get a facial moisturizer that is oil free.

Lastly, I would still be generous twice a day. Perhaps 2 fingers twice daily. Combine with moisture. You're good to go.

-Dan

Yea, I am demanding...sorry. Haha. Thanks though- ah, alright, the moisturizer is not only a body lotion, it says it can be used for shaving, so I figure it should be fine for my face. It's working great, and I think I'd rather use this than some chemical crap. Also, this stuff helps make the red spots fade...

As for the cleanser, It doesn't irritate my face as far as I can tell, and It wouldn't make sense if it were causing my breakouts, cause I'm like 95% clear now (Still with fading red spots though...)

Alright...thanks again-

If you got some more advice, I'd be happy

By the way Dan, thanks alot, I think the moisturizing is helping incredibly. My skin feels smooth and stuff, and it's not flaky anymore. I think that the dryness was realllllly contributing to breakouts.