Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elanorci

Doing the regimen at camp

Hey everyone.

I'm going to camp for six weeks and will be sleeping in a dorm where there are two bathrooms per floor. I will also have a roommate.

I am by no means ashamed of my skin care regimen-- after all, it's helped me so much! But I am slightly anxious about standing in front of a mirror for twenty minutes having everyone look at me.

Surely one of you wonderful people must have been in this sort of situation. How did you handle it? Did you find that people were supportive?

Thanks! :)

You don't need to spend the whole time in front of a bathroom mirror. A lot of times I'll get the BP on my face in a mirror, and wander off while applying it, walking by a mirror periodically to make sure I'm doing okay. I've managed to make the regimen work in dorms, at home, at others' houses, sometimes you just have to be willing to sacrifice a little mirror time and maybe wash your hands in the kitchen sink if someone else needs the bathroom. When I was studying abroad in Hungary and living in an apartment with two other American girls on my program, they were kind of curious as to why I spent so long rubbing gel into my face and I explained to them that that was how I kept my skin clear (they both had acne too so they were understanding), and that was the end of that.

There's an idea! Haha, I can't believe I never thought of that... It's silly to need a mirror for the entire process.

That really helps. I can apply the BP in the bathroom and go back to my dorm to rub it in.

Thanks so much-- that idea may seem obvious, but it just didn't occur to me. :P

i actually have gotten so used to the Regimen, that I don't even need a mirror to apply BP / Moisturizer.

Just one of those things.. I guess.

i think you can skip your morning dose of BP if you are willing to...

personally i dont like camps and stuff because of the regimen thing so...

anyways have fun at the camp!

Man, I wish I could... I just don't have the courage to let up on the regimen at this point. I've only been on it for eight months or so and I still get a few pimples, so I can only imagine what would happen if I stopped applying once a day.

I look forward to a time when I can think about letting up on the BP application, though. :)

when I was thinking about what to do over the summer, I seriously considered skipping the camp because of the regimen... But then I decided that I didn't want to let my skin dominate my life. I'm taking a risk-- I could break out from the climate change or from being less careful about the regimen-- but I think I should try it.

I think you'll definitely be able to make it work, the first week or so transitioning to doing the regimen in a different place on a different schedule might be weird, but you'll figure it out!

There's an idea! Haha, I can't believe I never thought of that... It's silly to need a mirror for the entire process.

That really helps. I can apply the BP in the bathroom and go back to my dorm to rub it in.

Thanks so much-- that idea may seem obvious, but it just didn't occur to me. :P

Man, I wish I could... I just don't have the courage to let up on the regimen at this point. I've only been on it for eight months or so and I still get a few pimples, so I can only imagine what would happen if I stopped applying once a day.

I look forward to a time when I can think about letting up on the BP application, though. :)

when I was thinking about what to do over the summer, I seriously considered skipping the camp because of the regimen... But then I decided that I didn't want to let my skin dominate my life. I'm taking a risk-- I could break out from the climate change or from being less careful about the regimen-- but I think I should try it.