Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
needtobeclear

Jane Iredale colors

I know I read somewhere that when choosing the color of their powders you should remember that the pressed is darker than the loose or vise versa... I think it said that they were almost two shades different. Has anyone ever heard this?

I have Jane Iredale in Warm Sienna, and while it looks great at first (perfect match to my jaw) during the day it darkens until I look like I am VERY tan. This is the pressed powder foundation shade that was chosen by the makeup consultant at the plastic surgeons office where I got this.

What color are you thinking about getting?

I got samples of the loose..cool sand, light beige, bisque and satin. I also got a pressed light beige. The loose light beige and satin are two dark for my very pale complexion. They also look a little orangy even though they they are cool and neutral colors. The cool sand and bisque in loose look okay, just have to find the perfect match.

Now the reason I am asking is that the pressed light beige seems to work okay too. When applied it looks more like the cool sand and bisque.

I have oily skin so will be ordering the pressed powder and am not sure which one to do. I am afraid that although the bisque is okay in the loose, it may be too light if I order it in the pressed. The cool sand does not come in pressed so not to much to worry about there.

Any help would be appreciated.

I FOUND IT!!!!

I was on the website wwww.whosthefairest.com

and when ordering I saw that she states.......

"Pressed minerals have a more matte appearance than loose minerals. They're approximately 2 shades lighter than the loose version with the same name--this is due to additives that keep the powder pressed."

I knew I wasn't crazy ](*,)