Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rustymetal

HELP, got a gash on my forehead!

Would neosporing and aloevera be best to prevent scar formation? Or should I go to a physician and get something that is prescribed?

I got hit by a wine bottle (long story) and it left a one and a half inch scab on my forehead. I just hope it doesn't scar, or that if it does that I can eliminate the scar. What should I do to treat it. So far I'm changing the bandaid everyday, applying hydrogen peroxide, then neosporin. At night I apply aloevera. Anything else I can do?

Forget all of that and apply honey! The darker the honey the better healing, and it needs to be unpastuerized.

I got a gash on my forehead about a month and a half ago (that's another long story, lol) and its healing well, very little redness left and I'm hoping that it smooths out with no indented scarring......

good luck!

~nancy

Did you go to the doctor? If so, did you get stitches? If yes to both I would use aloe vera and the honey sounds like a good idea too.

Guest Cubsfan

applying neosporin like 5 times a day is the way to go

For those of you interested, I found an ointment at the health foods store called "Egyptian Magic". I was given two samples since it was sold out, apparently it was a craze online and so it sold out at the store. The ingredients consists of bee wax, bee pollen, olive oil, and a couple other ingredients. Hopefully my two samples last me two weeks or so.

Okay I don't normally get this exited about products, but I am thrilled with the results after two days of using Egyptian Magic! I'm not trying to sell this product, I just want to share the joy. I took off my bandaid tonight, (thats covering my scabbed gash) only to find that the formerly indented (the part where some of the scab fell off) area that made me cringe is no longer indented! It sounds ridiculous but it's true. All I can see, with the naked eye is hyperpigmentation.

So then I did a google search for this stuff, and they do have a website called egyptian magic dot org. Go to Fashion Magazine Reviews section of the website and read the rave reviews about this product. I'm going to join the bandwagon and say that this is way better than the neosporin I've been using, or even aloe vera. Its ingredients consists of natural bee wax, bee pollen, olive oil, and royal jelly (another derivative of honey or something like that).

If I do TCA I'm gonna use this stuff for healing. It's a little pricey, 26 bucks a jar, its about 22 bucks a jar at the Whole Foods store (where I got it, although I got two free samples cuz they had sold out).

Don't mean to sound like an annnoying advertisement but this stuff is great. biggrin.gif/

P.S. the website says you can return the half used jar to the store you bought it from for a full refund if you are not pleased with the results. biggrin.gif