Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tom_Mason

Scarless Healing

6 hours ago, MyBeautifulScars said:

Well apparently some of us heal without scars and here is the proof. How much truth there is too this, I don't know. I also have had multiple cuts and burns that healed without scarring. I am pretty sure this woman never had cystic acne or folliculitis to leave her with noticeable disfigurement. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zmescience.com/medicine/scottish-woman-painkillers-043243/amp/

they said Gene mutation responsible for her no pain .

is same gene mutation also responsible for scarless healing in her

lucky that she scar very less or even no scar at all...

4 hours ago, Anish004 said:

they said Gene mutation responsible for her no pain .

is same gene mutation also responsible for scarless healing in her

lucky that she scar very less or even no scar at all...

The purpose of this was to show you that many people heal without developing noticeable scars. I would say the majority of people with small wounds or burns. 

To what extent people will develop scars is dependent on your genes. Acne and other skin infections will result in noticeable scarring as the skin is destroyed from the inside out. 

Posted (edited)

Anybody have any updates on Niacid? 

I've written a comment on their facebook page asking why they haven't released more before/after videos or pics that show how Niacid helps to raise indentations and that the ones posted by the users are unreliable because clearly taken with a different angle, lighting, zoom ecc and that also all the before/after pics taken by users (despite being unreliable) only show improvement in clearing out hyperpigmentation and improving skin texture and not raise the atrophic scars/indentations. 

Guess what? The comment was deleted as fast as a lighting bolt despite being very polite and only asking for more proofs. 

Since they deleted mine so fast, I'm now pretty sure they also deleted the ones of people posting negative feedbacks about their product. 

They sound sketchy to me, beware before buying for the specific purpose of raising the atrophic scars. 

And even if you buy for hyperpigmentation, there are better and cheaper products out there (just buy normal niacinamide at a fraction of the price asked by Slurp). 

Edited by SimpleMutton

1 hour ago, SimpleMutton said:

I've written a comment on their facebook page asking why they haven't released more before/after videos or pics that show how Niacid helps to raise indentations and that the ones posted by the users are unreliable because clearly taken with a different angle, lighting, zoom ecc and that also all the before/after pics taken by users (despite being unreliable) only show improvement in clearing out hyperpigmentation and improving skin texture and not raise the atrophic scars/indentations. 

Guess what? The comment was deleted as fast as a lighting bolt despite being very polite and only asking for more proofs. 

Since they deleted mine so fast, I'm now pretty sure they also deleted the ones of people posting negative feedbacks about their product. 

They sound sketchy to me, beware before buying for the specific purpose of raising the atrophic scars. 

And even if you buy for hyperpigmentation, there are better and cheaper products out there (just buy normal niacinamide at a fraction of the price asked by Slurp). 

We all kinda figured out these guys are not legit. 

8 hours ago, MyBeautifulScars said:

We all kinda figured out these guys are not legit. 

Aah i have ordered it man ! 2 bottles , i know it's scam but still. Actually I have asked some commenters there on Facebook post through personal message some indian , pakistani , Korean , chinese and every one was saying they seen mild improvement like 20-30% in their scaring , those people looked legit , as I gone through their profile. I know this all can be made up also , but I don't know, i ordered it. I have seen some critical comments there but they still replied them , in one them they said they only using facebook marketing and nothing else , all i can do is hope.

10 hours ago, SimpleMutton said:

Like that comment shows in your activity log ?? Because sometimes comments can get lost in feed . I will also try this experiment , and update LOL.

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 9:36 PM, SimpleMutton said:

yeh I ordered it. received it 5 days ago now? seems to be working on the redness post pimple and that's the truth! some pimples look 3 weeks healed vs the 4 days healed they are (post scab falling off).at this point it could be in my head but if in two weeks my red marks have gone I will report back. 

also side note - I'm testing it on my surgical scar as well, thought might as well. so far only a moisturising effect. I only bought niacid for post inflammation redness for my pimples anyways which is what it says it works for.

Edited by nikki_gargin

Their biggest claim isn't to clear hyperpigmentation (the redness), it's to raise the indentations. That's what they hyped the product for

I'm not doubting that it can clear the redness because the product has niacinamide which has been been proven to be active against redness. But there are many products out there who also has niacinamide (even much higher concentrations) that cost a fraction of the price. For example The Ordinary Niacinamide cost just 5€ and is much stronger than Niacid and has been there for a long time. 

They showed a video in which Niacid raised the atrophic scars (ie indentations) of a guy and almost everybody bought the product specifically for that purpose. If that is a false (or exaggerated) claim they are a scam company and should be reported. 

Reading the list of ingredients I can't see how Niacid can raise indentations....the product doesn't contain any ingredient that can potentially do it....and topicals usually are useless for atrophic scars.

15 hours ago, SimpleMutton said:

Their biggest claim isn't to clear hyperpigmentation (the redness), it's to raise the indentations. That's what they hyped the product for

I'm not doubting that it can clear the redness because the product has niacinamide which has been been proven to be active against redness. But there are many products out there who also has niacinamide (even much higher concentrations) that cost a fraction of the price. For example The Ordinary Niacinamide cost just 5€ and is much stronger than Niacid and has been there for a long time. 

They showed a video in which Niacid raised the atrophic scars (ie indentations) of a guy and almost everybody bought the product specifically for that purpose. If that is a false (or exaggerated) claim they are a scam company and should be reported. 

Reading the list of ingredients I can't see how Niacid can raise indentations....the product doesn't contain any ingredient that can potentially do it....and topicals usually are useless for atrophic scars.

No there is something mixed in for redness. Daily mail news paper covered it in U.K. I forget the name of the medicine now, but they stuck it in.

Btw everyone. I know everyone has forgot about skinTE but they have a lot of new content. It takes over a year to fully heal to what it will be. Those shit pics are like 3 months. They are releasing more case studies and they have finally made U.K. news papers with health authorities watching. It’s so like skin it can be revised etc meaning it will respond to lasers etc. Pretty big I think.

45 minutes ago, nikki_gargin said:

No there is something mixed in for redness. Daily mail news paper covered it in U.K. I forget the name of the medicine now, but they stuck it in.

Btw everyone. I know everyone has forgot about skinTE but they have a lot of new content. It takes over a year to fully heal to what it will be. Those shit pics are like 3 months. They are releasing more case studies and they have finally made U.K. news papers with health authorities watching. It’s so like skin it can be revised etc meaning it will respond to lasers etc. Pretty big I think.

i have been thinking about skinTe last night

have they posted any new pic ?

Yeh and a video on youtube with a patient giving a talk. When you see the bits that have skinTE vs grafted you see what a difference it makes to peoples lives. It is the stem cells from the hairs that do the magic in the biopsy. Then when the new skin regrows the hairs, it matures and changes in time. I think with this woman it was 7 months before she had 'proper skin'. It takes a long time to get the results.

Its actually tissue expansion in vivo. Thats what they say.

3 hours ago, nikki_gargin said:

It will still not be used for scar revision as it looks more shit and is only used for lost skin replacement

7 hours ago, nikki_gargin said:

Yeh and a video on youtube with a patient giving a talk. When you see the bits that have skinTE vs grafted you see what a difference it makes to peoples lives. It is the stem cells from the hairs that do the magic in the biopsy. Then when the new skin regrows the hairs, it matures and changes in time. I think with this woman it was 7 months before she had 'proper skin'. It takes a long time to get the results.

What SkinTE does or will become some day is a substitute to skin grafts. Instead of cutting parts of healthy skin from other body parts to cover large wounds that won't heal, doctors lay down some stem cells that they harvest from another part of the body. These cells grow and cover the wound by proliferating from the center instead of normal wound contracture. Either way, there is a noticeacle gap between uninjured skin and the wound edges once the healing stage has occurred. The body will tend to close the wound by contraction and the new skin that grows the center will eventually meet creating a scarred edge. 

That's the potential of SkinTE. Recell is similar in many ways and with SkinTE you risk life-threatening infections. ReCell claimed total skin regeneration in the beginning and propagated pictures on the Net about their miracle product.

SkinTE is doing the same thing as ReCell. They have posted pics on their website. The new skin doesn't look scar free from what I see. Some of those pics could also be altered. I keep seeing fine lines of scarred edges. Over time, I suppose the scars only get better. It's a better alternative than skin grafts as opposed to current methods. The media has us believing that SkinTE is great and wonderful. That's the media for you propagating false info or stretching the truth. 

I read about that woman who unfortunately got burned at around 75% of her body and how this product supposedly regenerated her skin. The reality is that SkinTE suppressed scarring to some extent but that woman will be marked from that event in some form or another forever. 

Acne sufferers cannot be considered for this. Acne scarring is different as it results mostly in atrophic or pitted skin and not contracture or hypertrophic scarring from cuts, burns or lacerations. In the same way, FS2 will not help with atrophic scarring. Most products or research currently conducted focuses on raised scars as there is nothing out there to enhance their appearance. Silicon sheets offer little. With pitted skin, there is simply much more money to made by injecting non permanent fillers or lasers. 

20 hours ago, MyBeautifulScars said:

I read about that woman who unfortunately got burned at around 75% of her body and how this product supposedly regenerated her skin. The reality is that SkinTE suppressed scarring to some extent but that woman will be marked from that event in some form or another forever. 

It didn't suppress scarring. that's what fs2 does so SkinTE by logic does not do that. its basically like uncooked cake mixture. the cake rises in the oven (wound bed). Its in vivo tissue expansion, their words, but it makes more sense now to me what they do as I have had tissue expanders myself. I read about the mechanisms on why that works in creating % increase in skin surface, not a mere stretch. Even in tissue expanders it takes a year for the epidermis and dermis to return to normal, as the epidermis thickens and dermis thins during expansion. Dermis does thicken again, but never to normal and the epidermis goes back to normal 100%.

SkinTE is going through all these biological changes while in the wound. it takes over a year before no further changes will take place. That woman has been told pigment should start coming back. so we will see. its the fact it replaces a donor functioning dermis that is impressive. The Dermis is the problem in scaring. I was told by a plastic surgeon on email that skinTE is "thin". which supports its tissue expansion in vivo.

but it depends on how big the wound in which it is covering. obviously like for like will be same dermis depth. a small harvest for a whole arm will end up a THIN DERMIS and look weird and 'old almost' which is what we are seeing esp that replacement SFTG on dark skin? it is FT Skin, just thin. it does work,  its just the dermis does not recover from expansion.

Edited by nikki_gargin

On 5/15/2019 at 2:06 AM, SimpleMutton said:

Hey I asked them some tough comments and they seem to be answering them , they didn't deleted my comments either. Basically i asked them straight that if that video is edited or makeup is used ? They said no. I asked why not more case studies ? They said they will add in Future .Comment is still there. I can send screen shots if anyone want  that. Also I want to add that I had asked few more people who used Niacid ( i found them in comment section ) and everyone was agreeing about some improvement in scars in range of 10-50% . My order has been shipped so let's see. 

2 hours ago, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

Hey I asked them some tough comments and they seem to be answering them , they didn't deleted my comments either. Basically i asked them straight that if that video is edited or makeup is used ? They said no. I asked why not more case studies ? They said they will add in Future .Comment is still there. I can send screen shots if anyone want  that. Also I want to add that I had asked few more people who used Niacid ( i found them in comment section ) and everyone was agreeing about some improvement in scars in range of 10-50% . My order has been shipped so let's see. 

I'm on week 2 now of using and I think it helps spots to heal bit faster. the small ones anyways. redness hasn't improved much more than it initially did. good for for your use.

1 hour ago, nikki_gargin said:

I'm on week 2 now of using and I think it helps spots to heal bit faster. the small ones anyways. redness hasn't improved much more than it initially did. good for for your use.

But the question is  does it do anything for old acne scarring ?? Also can you tell which is your country ?? If you don't mind?

5 hours ago, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

But the question is  does it do anything for old acne scarring ?? Also can you tell which is your country ?? If you don't mind?

Im in the UK. I don't have proper acne scarring so I don't know. just redness after pimples.

9 minutes ago, nikki_gargin said:

Im in the UK. I don't have proper acne scarring so I don't know. just redness after pimples.

sorry but when u dont have significant scarring than why u are on this forum ???

do u have any other type of scarring ???

1 hour ago, Anish004 said:

sorry but when u dont have significant scarring than why u are on this forum ???

I was about to ask that , even this is like legend forum of acne scarring - the scarless healing .

2 hours ago, Anish004 said:

Yeah I have a surgical scar.

i have a donor skin graft scar as well. But I don’t care about that. 

Why would I waste my time here if I didn’t have a scar I wanted gone. Plus I told you this before. You don’t listen to no one Anish just blab blab 

Edited by nikki_gargin

1 hour ago, nikki_gargin said:

Yeah I have a surgical scar.

i have a donor skin graft scar as well. But I don’t care about that. 

Why would I waste my time here if I didn’t have a scar I wanted gone. Plus I told you this before. You don’t listen to no one Anish just blab blab 

Women are under immense pressure these days to look amazingly beautiful. Clothes are quite revealing, so unsightly body scars can cause a lot of anguish for younger girls, basically the trend right now is to reveal almost everything by hiding the bare minimum. 

As a guy, we are also are under immense pressure to look extremely masculine with amazing skin to attract the opposite sex. I have many scars from childhood and sport related injuries on my knees, hands and face. A few others on other parts of my body but the ones that truly disgust me are the horrendous scars I have developed from my horrible case of cystic acne, folliculitis and hidredinitis from my teenage years and that I continue to sporadically suffer from in my early thirties. They bring back painful memories of sleepless nights, low self-esteem and embarrassment. 

My back, shoulders, upper arms, jawline, thighs and buttocks have a bunch of slightly raised white scars which are pretty noticeable under certain lighting. My face has a few pock marks but they are not so noticeable. 

I find it extremely frustrating that in this day and age, we cannot cure acne and all these other skin diseases. People are left with pretty noticeable disfigurement. My back looks as if I was a victim of an acid attack and I'm pretty much tired of it. My armpits, groin and buttocks have deep holes from healed boils. Type hidredinitis on Google and you will be pleasantly surprised. 

I need a doctor to strip my current skin away and make me a new skin suit, lol. Unfortunately the way things are going, nobody wants to find cures, they rather treat. Scarring is nature's way for mammals to heal. If we can't find a cure to stop pimples from forming, how can we find a way to reprogram scar tissue into normal looking  skin? 

The truth is they probably know how to stop scar formation but it will take a long time before they release it for public use. So here I am playing the waiting game hoping to rid myself off my white marks and pot holes to look normal one day. 

FS2 looks promising. It improves existing scars and apparently stops scars in new wounds. Olx101 is even more promising because it reprograms scar tissue DNA. Hopefully these two will not fail clinical trials and in 5 years time, they will be truly available for me to take advantage of for a small price. SkinTE looks awful and dangerous. Sunogel is all talk, no show. Other startups are promising things but again little to show for it. I don't know what the researchers at UCI are doing after they released a paper promising scarless healing two years ago. And off course, we have microcoring which also seems like a waste of money. Most people will not throw money away to remove scars after 1000 treatments. 

Anyways, we should enjoy life to the fullest right now before we become to old and our scars probably become level with the rest of our skin or look even worse. In any case, scars will be the least of our concerns by then.