Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tom_Mason

Scarless Healing

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, acne_skin_queen said:

I wonder where Allergan are at with the TE-HA for scars? They had an interesting press release last Autumn but it’s all gone very quiet :smileys_n_people_15:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allergan-highlights-key-growth-drivers-for-medical-aesthetics-300713038.html

They are developing a hydrogel which contains tropoelastin, apparently it improved acne scars by up to 78% in a control group for some patients. The last news we have is from September last year. No news ever since.

6 hours ago, Anish004 said:

lmao fs2 will improve ur scar by 10 % or 20% ..and if saying truth is a childish act then its good to be child rather than fake adults

You don't know how much it improves scars and you are already jumping to conclusions just like you and many others were calling us out when we were skeptical about Polarity. Give this product a chance at least before you say anything about it. You have nothing to lose because it will be most likely, a topical cream, probably cheap as an over the counter product and not invasive. 

We all know that FS2 won't get you perfect skin but it's a start. Also, nobody has perfect skin. If you want to look like some model who touches up their pics on Instagram, then scarless healing even if achieved will never satisfy you. There are kids out there every day that develop burn contracture scars that will have severe disfigurement for the rest of their lives, your little facial pockmarks are not so bad if you think of it. And you want perfect skin. I believe you are a narcissist at best and therapy is the best alternative for you. 

Back then, we had people behind Mederma tell us it prevented scars. People would buy the product and well it was a marketing ploy. I am not saying that FS2 is a miracle solution but there are way too many positives than negatives too discredit the findings right now; compared to others who have made false claims like Polarity. 

We have nothing currently out there that helps with scarring unless you dish out thousands of dollars to get that 10 or 20% improvement from plastic surgeons or derms for your acne scars. Maybe FS2 will fail but if it doesn't it will cost at most 10$ off the counter. That raised scar you have on your knee from a child will probably become level with the rest of the skin and nobody will know except under certain lighting. This is way better than anything currently available at the fraction of the cost. 

Go and throw thousands away on microcoring to let some "professional" injure your skin again miraculously hoping that those holes will heal up scar free after nth treatments. Don't come back here claiming you have marks left behind from the incisions and your skin lacks a certain something. Careful what you wish for. 

Edited by MyBeautifulScars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Eternal Maldition said:

Apply this cream /fs2 or other/ on a wide hypertrophic scar causes the skin to regenerate? how would that be?

It reduces the appearance of the scar over time. The skin doesn't regenerate by definition. How it does this, nobody knows except it's inventors. They most likely have patented their discovery, so we will never know for several years, patents are good for 100 years. As I stated before, the cream is based on kynurenunine acid which research suggests way back since 1997, that it has anti-scarring properties. 

Scarring itself is a type of skin regeneration. It's a natural part of the healing process. The body acts fast and seals the wound, doesn't care about aesthetics to avoid further infection.

Scar tissue is composed of collagen just like the rest of the skin but it lacks skin pores, melanin and hair follicles. Scar tissue is aligned in one direction as compared to the rest of the skin which collagen is layed down in a random pattern. Hypertrophic or keloid scarring is an overexpression of collagen, a build up if this protein which produces a very unpleasant looking scar. 

The people behind FS2 claim that it prevents scar formation in new wounds. They don't say if pores, melanin and hair follicles regenerate. The only way to avoid scar formation however is to somehow regenerate pores and hair follicles. That's all I know for now and hopefully FS2 doesn't fail. Clinical trials should end this summer. Phase 3 should start shortly after. Success rate for drugs however is very low at stage 2 trials.

Let's stop the negativity and focus on the positives as people behind FS2 seem to be heading towards the right direction. Sunogel has been around since 3 years ago, even before and there doesn't seem to be any willingness from its maker to move ahead.

I am also looking forward to OLX101 which switches off genes to reverse all this collagen buildup. Clinical trials will tell if it truly works. This is a form of gene therapy. Also research at UCI under Cotsarelis is advancing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MyBeautifulScars said:

Also research at UCI under Cotsarelis is advancing. 

Didn't he managed scarless healing in mammals a few years ago? What other research were there? Is he going to make his treatments public to the masses?

Edited by AI3forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be somewhat irrelevant but they managed to partially regenerate amputated toes on mice just a month ago, even bone and joint growth.

https://www.sciencealert.com/these-two-proteins-can-help-mice-partially-regrow-their-amputated-toes

It shows mammals can actually regenerate any type of damage on the skin just like the way it was before. Apparantly it goes as far as partially regrowing amputated limbs... Pretty cool stuff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh said:

Might be somewhat irrelevant but they managed to partially regenerate amputated toes on mice just a month ago, even bone and joint growth.

https://www.sciencealert.com/these-two-proteins-can-help-mice-partially-regrow-their-amputated-toes

It shows mammals can actually regenerate any type of damage on the skin just like the way it was before. Apparantly it goes as far as partially regrowing amputated limbs... Pretty cool stuff.

 

Technically, all organisms have the ability to regenerate because the most basic lifeforms do that anyways. Just think of starfish, jellyfish, sponges, planarian worms and so forth. The issue with mammals is that they are too complex, they have evolved from basic lifeforms, so they should retain regenerating abilities. Nature has switched off these genes and activated a faster repair process known as scarring to prevent infections, at least that's what scientists seem to think.

The key is to find a way to somehow switch off these genes and allow regeneration to take place once more. Its not easy challenge because humans are only starting to understand DNA sequencing and how it works. Introducing or eliminating certain molecules can change how an organism functions. It's like opening Pandora's box, you never know what to expect when you start playing around with genes.

The results of gene manipulation may not be known for years, this is why you have a lot of research going on and clinical trials taking many years to complete. Scientists are cautious, it only takes a few people with bad intentions to doom humankind. 

Edited by MyBeautifulScars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if people talk about FS2 like things here than i will say insulin is much much better than this 

reasons - its already out so no wating

it can fill in a scar completely(already shown many years ago)

it can prevent scarring or atleast reduce scar formation in new wounds(already shown)

but nobody perform this and u know it works read researches paper on this also some pictures available of a atrophic scar completely filled so

if fs2 is in scarless healing thread than why not insulin and some others also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anish004 said:

also some pictures available of a atrophic scar completely filled 

Can you share this pic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Anish004 said:

if people talk about FS2 like things here than i will say insulin is much much better than this 

reasons - its already out so no wating

it can fill in a scar completely(already shown many years ago)

it can prevent scarring or atleast reduce scar formation in new wounds(already shown)

but nobody perform this and u know it works read researches paper on this also some pictures available of a atrophic scar completely filled so

if fs2 is in scarless healing thread than why not insulin and some others also

You can include insulin in the thread. I don't see why you shouldn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My life is SHIT.

When I was sitting in the subway another day, two girls looked at me and said 'look at his skin.. he really should consider committing suicide'

I dunno if this kinda shit would happen in United States, but in my country, it is not uncommon. There are plenty of ass holes always judging people's looks and saying shit about them.

Everything's fucked up guys... the technology should come out in at least two years.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suicidal said:

My life is SHIT.

When I was sitting in the subway another day, two girls looked at me and said 'look at his skin.. he really should consider committing suicide'

I dunno if this kinda shit would happen in United States, but in my country, it is not uncommon. There are plenty of ass holes always judging people's looks and saying shit about them.

Everything's fucked up guys... the technology should come out in at least two years.. 

You have to make the best out of your situation. I developed acne as early as 11 with my back, upper arms, chest, ears, face, neck, buttocks, thighs completely covered with cysts. These cysts eventually became infected and developed into full fledged acne conglobata covering my back, shoulders and upper arms. I suffered throughout teens to mid twenties. A few years back, I took Accutane and my skin finally healed. Nobody had acne as bad as I did. I just accepted that I will be left with permanent disfigurement and I had to grow out of it. I realised that my scars don't hold me back as I get older. I have bad skin and well so be it. 

I still get occasional breakouts on my arms, back and face well into my thirties. I have the scars reminding me of my past skin battles. My facial pits are noticeable under different angles of lighting. My back and upper arms are completely ruined. I have thousands of raised white scarred skin patches all over my shoulders, upper arms, back and thighs. They look like goosebumps and chicken skin. 

I've got bad news for you, nothing will come out in 2 years. Perhaps, we can say a decade but I'm fairly optimistic. Research is being done however and every now and then, someone claims to have found the holy grail only to disappoint us a few weeks later. 

I see people every day with severe facial acne scarring and consider myself lucky that my acne didn't ruin my face to that extent. Surprisingly for me, the biggest boils healed without a trace while the smaller ones left me with ice picks or hyperytrophic scarring  Genetics play a major role in scarring and scientists still haven't found how. 

There are similar conditions out there to acne that leave impressive scars behind but the medical community simply can't help at the moment. Many people suffer from scarring in silence but we are simply not close yet to a solution. Burn victims have it much worse. 

If your acne scarring is bad, consider treatment but nothing will restore your skin at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Anish004 said:

this is the studt of insulin on atrophy scar pics are also included in this

 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1606939/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1325666/Insulin-injections-latest-treatment-reducing-scars.html

 

"There have also been suggestions that insulin might have a beneficial effect on old scars.

In one study, a woman who had a deep scar on her arm was given insulin jabs into the area. Researchers say after 82 days of daily insulin injections, the there was no evidence of the scar."

Although the scar is deep, its smooth and sloping inwards. I do no know how well it will work deep boxscars and icepicks?

Edited by AI3forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, AI3forever said:

though the scar is deep, its smooth and sloping inwards. I do no know how well it will work deep boxscars and icepicks?

thats what i think scar was deep but also it was smooth and have normal skin texture  means it was just lacking some fat and we know insulin promotes fat synthesis so it filled completely and scar texture was of normal skin so it completely disappeared after filling however we dont know how it will work on scars which have totally diff texture than skin so how they will look maybe completely filled but still there due to bad texture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anish004 said:

thats what i think scar was deep but also it was smooth and have normal skin texture  means it was just lacking some fat and we know insulin promotes fat synthesis so it filled completely and scar texture was of normal skin so it completely disappeared after filling however we dont know how it will work on scars which have totally diff texture than skin so how they will look maybe completely filled but still there due to bad texture

Atrophic scars such as rolling, box and ice pick scars are the result of fat loss. Fillers are used today. They act as substitutes to the fat loss but they are not permanent. Also, some fillers can cause irreversible damage, so they are more harmful than anything. Fillers do nothing for ice pick scars which are the common type of acne scars.

Insulin, to me, is just another more natural filler. The study doesn't mention if the result is permanent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MyBeautifulScars said:

Atrophic scars such as rolling, box and ice pick scars are the result of fat loss. Fillers are used today. They act as substitutes to the fat loss but they are not permanent. Also, some fillers can cause irreversible damage, so they are more harmful than anything. Fillers do nothing for ice pick scars which are the common type of acne scars.

Insulin, to me, is just another more natural filler. The study doesn't mention if the result is permanent. 

man yes many acne scars are just loss of some fat but some scar for eg from chicken pox are too deep which are not only loss of fat or collagen but also diff texture loss of appendages so thats what i was talking about if insulin works on that ?

 

many scars on filling up blend totally witn skin ..reason they had same texture of skin but just indented but many scars even after filling up still look diff due to scar tissue texture ..so thats the main problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Anish004 said:

man yes many acne scars are just loss of some fat but some scar for eg from chicken pox are too deep which are not only loss of fat or collagen but also diff texture loss of appendages so thats what i was talking about if insulin works on that ?

 

many scars on filling up blend totally witn skin ..reason they had same texture of skin but just indented but many scars even after filling up still look diff due to scar tissue texture ..so thats the main problem

Like I said insulin will do nothing on ice pick scars but will most likely work on rolling and box scars left from chicken pox. It's a natural filler. It will fill them up for sure. As for appendages, insulin will never get you that. Insulin will do nothing for texture. FS2 when it comes available might help with texture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A paper on SkinTE has been published in the International Wound Journal.

See link here.

Interesting and positive; but need to keep in mind that the Lead Author (M Granick) is on Polarity TE's Board of Clinical Advisors.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, HCAS said:

A paper on SkinTE has been published in the International Wound Journal.

See link here.

Interesting and positive; but need to keep in mind that the Lead Author (M Granick) is on Polarity TE's Board of Clinical Advisors.

 

the leg pic looks promising always 

they treated this leg last year nearly april may..i dont remeber clearely though

 Now they shud update pics of leg as of now as these pics are from last year

whatever may be skinTe will be of no use for acne scars sufferers but really this is a diff level product that leg wound have healed too bad but how that healed is really satisfying atleast to that man who had that scar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×