Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tom_Mason

Scarless Healing

21 minutes ago, damnBOY said:
3 hours ago, eekman said:

Too bad there are no photos of atrophic scar/excision healing. Those wounds look like they would heal that way naturally anyway....

SKIN gun is an old fairy tail it only regenerates the top layers of the skin
SkinGun looks a lot like Recell. The epidermis regenerates on its own naturally anyways. No need to invent anything to regenerate the epidermis. 

Scars form when the dermis is damaged which is the second layer of skin. When the epidermis is damaged, there's no blood because that layer is just dead skin cells. That layer comes off easily just by rubbing it. The dermis is where nerves, hair follicles, blood vessels are located. The third layer is fat or adipose tissue. Small cuts and scrapes don't usually scar because the dermis is just slightly damaged. Deeper damage always ends up with scar tissue. Some people scar less than others. Also a small cut may scar worse than a bigger cut. It depends on how deep and how much tissue is damaged. 

The goal for modern medicine is to find a way to regenerate the dermis. 

8 minutes ago, Anonymouz1 said:
SkinGun looks a lot like Recell. The epidermis regenerates on its own naturally anyways. No need to invent anything to regenerate the epidermis. 

Scars form when the dermis is damaged which is the second layer of skin. When the epidermis is damaged, there's no blood because that layer is just dead skin cells. That layer comes off easily just by rubbing it. The dermis is where nerves, hair follicles, blood vessels are located. The third layer is fat or adipose tissue. Small cuts and scrapes don't usually scar because the dermis is just slightly damaged. Deeper damage always ends up with scar tissue. Some people scar less than others. Also a small cut may scar worse than a bigger cut. It depends on how deep and how much tissue is damaged. 

The goal for modern medicine is to find a way to regenerate the dermis. 

I think the SkinGun is a great idea and has some applications for 2nd degree burns. As eekman points out though, 2nd degree burns normally heal without much, if any scarring, on their own. What the SkinGun does is hasten the wound healing process for better outcomes. The faster the healing the less complications (i.e. infection) are likely to occur.

However, in watching the video on the state trooper that received the treatment, his wounds did look pretty severe (you can see fatty tissue in the before photo for example) and they claimed he would have needed skin grafts. So perhaps they've made improvements over time. I still don't think it regenerates the glands and hair.

8 hours ago, SimpleMutton said:

It's not about whether it works for acne scars or not (of course it does if it works for burns and wounds), it's about whether they're going to use it for treating acne scars right off the bat and I'm a bit pessimistic about that. 
I think their priority, at least in the first year, is so treat burns and wounds and then probably are going to treat acne scars and other condition in the future. 

Renova and the skingun is another interesting company. I posted about them here a couple weeks ago. Definitely interesting but still not FDA approved

I think the only reason you'd have trouble getting your acne scarring (or other smaller defects) fixed with SkinTE (again, if it works) is availability. PolarityTE only has it in 15 burn centers right now so you'd be facing a bit of a challenge in terms of finding one that's close to you and/or is actually set up for smaller wounds instead of 3rd degree burns or major tissue loss.

I do agree with SimpleMutton and RickeyDog... if it works on a wound after excision, it shouldn't matter what the initial cause of the injury was. When they excise the tissue they're taking all layers of skin down to the muscle. At that point the original cause of the injury is irrelevant. It's a new wound that needs to heal again. Now, if someone has muscle damage (like with 4th degree burns) you're probably not going to be helped but that likely doesn't apply to most, if any, of us here.

In terms of the stock price, it's hovered around $22-$24 (slightly more a few days ago) for the last 2 or so months. It's just normal for stocks to fluctuate like that when nothing has changed for a while. If it dips to $15 or less or skyrockets to $35 or more than I think you can start to make some assumptions about its efficacy. For example, when they released the preclinical data on pigs it jumped up to almost $33. I think PolarityTE is going to be really tight-lipped until they have something to share so I expect any stock volatility to sync up with whatever announcement they make about the results.

1 hour ago, golfpanther said:

I think the SkinGun is a great idea and has some applications for 2nd degree burns. As eekman points out though, 2nd degree burns normally heal without much, if any scarring, on their own. What the SkinGun does is hasten the wound healing process for better outcomes. The faster the healing the less complications (i.e. infection) are likely to occur.

However, in watching the video on the state trooper that received the treatment, his wounds did look pretty severe (you can see fatty tissue in the before photo for example) and they claimed he would have needed skin grafts. So perhaps they've made improvements over time. I still don't think it regenerates the glands and hair.

I think the only reason you'd have trouble getting your acne scarring (or other smaller defects) fixed with SkinTE (again, if it works) is availability. PolarityTE only has it in 15 burn centers right now so you'd be facing a bit of a challenge in terms of finding one that's close to you and/or is actually set up for smaller wounds instead of 3rd degree burns or major tissue loss.

I do agree with SimpleMutton and RickeyDog... if it works on a wound after excision, it shouldn't matter what the initial cause of the injury was. When they excise the tissue they're taking all layers of skin down to the muscle. At that point the original cause of the injury is irrelevant. It's a new wound that needs to heal again. Now, if someone has muscle damage (like with 4th degree burns) you're probably not going to be helped but that likely doesn't apply to most, if any, of us here.

In terms of the stock price, it's hovered around $22-$24 (slightly more a few days ago) for the last 2 or so months. It's just normal for stocks to fluctuate like that when nothing has changed for a while. If it dips to $15 or less or skyrockets to $35 or more than I think you can start to make some assumptions about its efficacy. For example, when they released the preclinical data on pigs it jumped up to almost $33. I think PolarityTE is going to be really tight-lipped until they have something to share so I expect any stock volatility to sync up with whatever announcement they make about the results.
Yes they are definitely going to be tight lipped so the stock does not plunge. 

However, if no major announcements are made in the following months, investors will be selling looking to make profit out of their initial capital. Therefore, the stock price will dip. 

It can all be a house of cards and this whole thing can just blow up. The people behind SkinTE may just be looking to cash in big time with little to show. We have all seen this happen in the past. I can start naming companies like Enron, Viacom and so fourth. Then you had companies like Nortel who kept making innovations but the leaders thought to sell off assets and disappear with the dividents. I can say the same about the recent defunct Sears Canada for example. 

The biggest thing that makes me question Polarity as a whole is why they decided to be a publically traded company first on a promise that they can regenerate skin on pigs. They posted some pics of healing pig wounds and brave investors took a chance on them. 

As an inventor with a reviolutany idea, I would have waited first to make sure my product worked before launching as a registered publically traded company. As an investor, it would be unwise for me to invest on a promise unless I believe in the concept. However, If stock value increases steadily, I would be a fool not to buy shares..

Polarity co-founders should have first waited for clinical trials. If succesful, get FDA approval, get a registered patent and then launch as a publically traded company. They could have played it safe. I can only assume the reasons why they rushed to register as a public company skipping steps was because the people behind Polarity are expecting for the stock to sore, sell and vanish. I hope I'm wrong.

Then again, investors are not as vulnerable nowadays I would think. They know how to stay clear of such false leads for the majority of them. 

Polarity made an announcement a few days ago to increase the value but since then the stock has lost 10$ I believe. I expect a major announcement soon to make to protect their interests. 

I believe they are legit but then again, it seems they may be fooling us all. The clinical trial data should be revealed soon. I believe this is when we all can stop speculating. Until then, there's not much to talk about. We still have to live a life wether we like it with our scars. 

If they are succesful wether it is full skin regeneration or not, it would be an improvement to existing scar revision methods. Severily burned individuals will be able to get back seemingly normal looking skin. As for acne scars, I believe SkinTE is not going to help us get back our original skin again. They don't want to deal with acne scars right now and it can take years before they branch into cosmetic scar revision. If they do this within 5 years, then there's hope for the younger people with severe acne scarring such as myself. As mentioned above, my scars don't stop me from achieving my lifegoals. The same goes for many on the forum who believe their acne scars are the reason why they can move forward. 

5 hours ago, Anonymouz1 said:
Yes they are definitely going to be tight lipped so the stock does not plunge. 

However, if no major announcements are made in the following months, investors will be selling looking to make profit out of their initial capital. Therefore, the stock price will dip. 

It can all be a house of cards and this whole thing can just blow up. The people behind SkinTE may just be looking to cash in big time with little to show. We have all seen this happen in the past. I can start naming companies like Enron, Viacom and so fourth. Then you had companies like Nortel who kept making innovations but the leaders thought to sell off assets and disappear with the dividents. I can say the same about the recent defunct Sears Canada for example. 

The biggest thing that makes me question Polarity as a whole is why they decided to be a publically traded company first on a promise that they can regenerate skin on pigs. They posted some pics of healing pig wounds and brave investors took a chance on them. 

As an inventor with a reviolutany idea, I would have waited first to make sure my product worked before launching as a registered publically traded company. As an investor, it would be unwise for me to invest on a promise unless I believe in the concept. However, If stock value increases steadily, I would be a fool not to buy shares..

Polarity co-founders should have first waited for clinical trials. If succesful, get FDA approval, get a registered patent and then launch as a publically traded company. They could have played it safe. I can only assume the reasons why they rushed to register as a public company skipping steps was because the people behind Polarity are expecting for the stock to sore, sell and vanish. I hope I'm wrong.

Then again, investors are not as vulnerable nowadays I would think. They know how to stay clear of such false leads for the majority of them. 

Polarity made an announcement a few days ago to increase the value but since then the stock has lost 10$ I believe. I expect a major announcement soon to make to protect their interests. 

I believe they are legit but then again, it seems they may be fooling us all. The clinical trial data should be revealed soon. I believe this is when we all can stop speculating. Until then, there's not much to talk about. We still have to live a life wether we like it with our scars. 

If they are succesful wether it is full skin regeneration or not, it would be an improvement to existing scar revision methods. Severily burned individuals will be able to get back seemingly normal looking skin. As for acne scars, I believe SkinTE is not going to help us get back our original skin again. They don't want to deal with acne scars right now and it can take years before they branch into cosmetic scar revision. If they do this within 5 years, then there's hope for the younger people with severe acne scarring such as myself. As mentioned above, my scars don't stop me from achieving my lifegoals. The same goes for many on the forum who believe their acne scars are the reason why they can move forward. 

So, I'm having a hard time understanding your position... you think PolarityTE is scamming everyone or no? On the topic of clinical trials... this has been beaten to death, but once more for posterity—there are no clinical trials for this product.

You bring up companies like Enron, Nortel and the like but those aren't good 1v1 comparisons. Those companies cooked their books to lie about how much losses they were taking or paid out exorbitant amounts via insider trading.

Now, is it possible that PolarityTE completely made up their preclinical results? Sure, anything is possible. But the level of duplicity and risk involved in something like that would be staggering. All three of the principal men involved (Lough, Swanson, Milner) had either great jobs at Hopkins or were lined up for lucrative positions. They would have had to all get together, decide that Lough's technology would generate interest, quit their jobs on the hopes that investors would come calling, get the investment money and then once again lie when they released their preclinical data. I understand a lot of money is to be made whether it's a scam or not, but to me Occam's Razor applies here—it's simpler to deduce that they believe in the product and got complete regeneration in pigs than they set out to deceive the public and expose themselves to risk with a complete lie. Again, even if they aren't an outrigh scam that doesn't mean it will give complete regeneration in humans.

This doesn't mean it will or won't work on humans. Again, why does everyone keep throwing random years in there for cosmetic use? PolarityTE has been consistent with their messaging regarding the cosmetic market. They will leave it up to the patient and provider to use the product for small defects (like acne scarring). In their press release they explicitly stated it's being used for acute wounds so it's not as if they're only applying it on burn wounds. If SkinTE, as is, works in humans you know that people will be lining up and find a provider willing to use it for cosmetic use this year. Their derivative products may take a bit longer, but should be well within 5 years—especially if it works since they'll have a massive influx of cash from the demand the product will receive.

That's not even getting into how other companies will immediately jump on copying (with slight adjustments) the idea to commercialize something for themselves. Plus, Sunogel, since it doesn't require a skiny biopsy at all, would receive renewed interest from investors as an alternative. Edited by golfpanther

So, I'm having a hard time understanding your position... you think PolarityTE is scamming everyone or no? On the topic of clinical trials... this has been beaten to death, bu tonce more for posterity

You bring up companies like Enron, Nortel and the like but those aren't good 1v1 comparisons. Those companies cooked their books to lie about how much losses they were taking or paid out exorbitant amounts via insider trading.

Now, is it possible that PolarityTE completely made up their preclinical results? Sure, anything is possible. But the level of duplicity and risk involved in something like that would be staggering. All three of the principal men involved (Lough, Swanson, Milner) had either great jobs at Hopkins or were lined up for lucrative positions. They would have had to all get together, decide that Lough's technology would generate interest, quit their jobs on the hopes that investors would come calling, get the investment money and then once again lie when they released their preclinical data. I understand a lot of money is to be made whether it's a scam or not, but to me Occam's Razor applies here—it's simpler to deduce that they believe in the product and got complete regeneration in pigs than they set out to deceive the public and expose themselves to risk with a complete lie. Again, even if they aren't an outrigh scam that doesn't mean it will give complete regeneration in humans.

This doesn't mean it will or won't work on humans. Again, why does everyone keep throwing random years in there for cosmetic use? PolarityTE has been consistent with their messaging regarding the cosmetic market. They will leave it up to the patient and provider to use the product for small defects (like acne scarring). In their press release they explicitly stated it's being used for acute wounds so it's not as if they're only applying it on burn wounds. If SkinTE, as is, works in humans you know that people will be lining up and find a provider willing to use it for cosmetic use this year. Their derivative products may take a bit longer, but should be well within 5 years—especially if it works since they'll have a massive influx of cash from the demand the product will receive.

That's not even getting into how other companies will immediately jump on copying (with slight adjustments) the idea to commercialize something for themselves. Plus, Sunogel, since it doesn't require a skiny biopsy at all, would receive renewed interest from investors as an alternative.
My position about Polarity is mixed. I can't say much about them right now until the clinical trials are up. We need to stop focusing on Polarity's stock value because it means nothing and it is driven by speculation. I am just stating the obvious. I'm throwing random numbers but I'm just making up scenarios as most people here are making. I rather say the negative and positive so I'm adopting a neutral position. 

I also believe your scarring is more related to trauma than acne scarring. I have suffered from severe acne for years and physical pain from acne cysts. I would jump on any opportunity to fix the sad state of skin I was blessed with. 

21 minutes ago, Anonymouz1 said:
My position about Polarity is mixed. I can't say much about them right now until the clinical trials are up. We need to stop focusing on Polarity's stock value because it means nothing and it is driven by speculation. I am just stating the obvious. I'm throwing random numbers but I'm just making up scenarios as most people here are making. I rather say the negative and positive so I'm adopting a neutral position. 

I also believe your scarring is more related to trauma than acne scarring. I have suffered from severe acne for years and physical pain from acne cysts. I would jump on any opportunity to fix the sad state of skin I was blessed with. 

I agree, assessing the stock price is meaningless without major swings. Then again, you wrote it dropped $10, something that it has definitively not happened. It was at around $23 at the start of the conference and is now over $24. A drop of $10 would have signaled something but that simply didn't happen.

I feel your pain. Yes, most of my scarring is from traumatic injuries, but I suspect they bring me the same anguish that your acne scarring brings you.I try to keep the facts when I post. I am hopeful for the product because thus far PolarityTE has been consistent. The only negative I've expressed is that the preclinical data was never released. That does bother me, but their explanation to me as to why that's the case made sense so I'm not hung up on it.

What we know concretely is that it's on patients now, for a variety of tissue defects, not just burns, and we will have data soon. And PolarityTE has repeatedly said it's up to patient and provider to use SkinTE for whatever indications they want. So, if it works in humans, you could search out a doctor that would do it for your acne scarring despite the invasiveness. PolarityTE is just the supplier at that point.

I agree, assessing the stock price is meaningless without major swings. Then again, you wrote it dropped $10, something that it has definitively not happened. It was at around $23 at the start of the conference and is now over $24. A drop of $10 would have signaled something but that simply didn't happen.

I feel your pain. Yes, most of my scarring is from traumatic injuries, but I suspect they bring me the same anguish that your acne scarring brings you.I try to keep the facts when I post. I am hopeful for the product because thus far PolarityTE has been consistent. The only negative I've expressed is that the preclinical data was never released. That does bother me, but their explanation to me as to why that's the case made sense so I'm not hung up on it.

What we know concretely is that it's on patients now, for a variety of tissue defects, not just burns, and we will have data soon. And PolarityTE has repeatedly said it's up to patient and provider to use SkinTE for whatever indications they want. So, if it works in humans, you could search out a doctor that would do it for your acne scarring despite the invasiveness. PolarityTE is just the supplier at that point.
I've got several scars from accidents too throughout the years on my hands, face and knees. I believe every single human has at least a scar or two on those areas of their body. Only newborns don't have them. Those don't bother me. They make nice stories to share. However, looking at craters on your face every morning because of teenage acne is enough to ruin every one's morning. Not to mention my back is also a mess. 

SkinTE is quite invasive for what we know presently. Doctors do excisions for small areas but the exposed wound is covered by skin grafts or is simply sutured together. Would doctors excise facial pitts and then leave them exposed to the air by just applying SkinTE, I don't believe they would. Even if SkinTE does work, it is just too invasive for acne scars. Also finding a doctor that works with SkinTE will be hard for many of us as we simply don't live in the US. SkinTE would need to get approval from the equivalent FDA agencies of other developed countries or organisations like Health Canada (Canada), MHRA (UK), EMA (EU) or TGA (Australia). We don't even know wether Polarity would be willing to expand beyond the US. I suppose I can just find a specialized US doctor with SkinTE technology and fix my acne scarring in the US. 

As for the stock value hovering around 22$, I had read in previous posts on here that it jumped to 33$ after the most recent company meeting. I may be wrong on that however I am just stating what I read on here.

1 hour ago, Anonymouz1 said:
I've got several scars from accidents too throughout the years on my hands, face and knees. I believe every single human has at least a scar or two on those areas of their body. Only newborns don't have them. Those don't bother me. They make nice stories to share. However, looking at craters on your face every morning because of teenage acne is enough to ruin every one's morning. Not to mention my back is also a mess. 

SkinTE is quite invasive for what we know presently. Doctors do excisions for small areas but the exposed wound is covered by skin grafts or is simply sutured together. Would doctors excise facial pitts and then leave them exposed to the air by just applying SkinTE, I don't believe they would. Even if SkinTE does work, it is just too invasive for acne scars. Also finding a doctor that works with SkinTE will be hard for many of us as we simply don't live in the US. SkinTE would need to get approval from the equivalent FDA agencies of other developed countries or organisations like Health Canada (Canada), MHRA (UK), EMA (EU) or TGA (Australia). We don't even know wether Polarity would be willing to expand beyond the US. I suppose I can just find a specialized US doctor with SkinTE technology and fix my acne scarring in the US. 

As for the stock value hovering around 22$, I had read in previous posts on here that it jumped to 33$ after the most recent company meeting. I may be wrong on that however I am just stating what I read on here.
face scars a re the one who put down self steem ..hand and legs scars do not do that...
face scars are major

13 hours ago, Anish004 said:
face scars a re the one who put down self steem ..hand and legs scars do not do that...
face scars are major

Eh, I think scarring anywhere on the body can cause low self-esteem. A burn patient for example that has had most of their leg burned away is likely going to suffer from problems with its appearance.

I would agree that facial scars (since you can't really not show your face in public) are typically the worst but they aren't the only type that cause people distress.

6 hours ago, golfpanther said:

Eh, I think scarring anywhere on the body can cause low self-esteem. A burn patient for example that has had most of their leg burned away is likely going to suffer from problems with its appearance.

I would agree that facial scars (since you can't really not show your face in public) are typically the worst but they aren't the only type that cause people distress.
I can definitely relate with you that any type of scar can cause distress but all humans have them. Only newborns don't have them. Every single person out there has either knocked their head or cut their knees meaning we all have a scar or two somewhere on our body. Even the belly button is a scar, the first scar we get as we begin our lives. So in reality, even newborns have a scar. We all learn to deal with our scars and we move on. A scar here or there is just a simple nuisance at best and a story of survival. 

Acne scarring is on a whole different scale. Acne itself is distressing especially in your teenage years when you try to look your best. It takes a toll on your self esteem. Once the acne heals years later, you are left with permanent craters on your face and possibly your whole entire back and chest. You can even get raised permanent scars and for some people the scars keep growing beyond the injury and it looks as if these are healed burns. I don't think acne scarring could compare to a scar you get from a small cut. 

How about injecting like a filler into a syringe?
It's not invasive and it's likely to have a similar effect to cutting skin. I hope skinte will work for humans. I hope SKINTE will be released this year

51 minutes ago, DinkumFridge said:

I hope skinte will work for humans. I hope SKINTE will be released this year

Getting released for scar sufferers this year? More chance humans will land on Mars. 

yeah acne scars have so many different issues that they're really tough to combat. There's volume lose, skin surface is all changed and permanenetly destroyed. There's irregular fibrous tissue formation that needs to be untethered or excised. Collaggen loss. etc. etc. 

2 minutes ago, ScarRight said:

Getting released for scar sufferers this year? More chance humans will land on Mars. 

I've gotta agree. Ten years at least for a real biological treatment. Polarity TE is just like that Recell skin spray, might help a bit with burns. But its not gonna do anythign for deep acne scars. We're already well into 2018

and please dont tell that anybody cant go aggresive like cutting down scars for application of skinTe

many people and doctors have already gone too much aggresive..like using Lasers,Punch Excisons,TCA etc and all of them for just a bit % of improvement...

Edited by Anish004

1 hour ago, ScarRight said:

Seriously... what? I gotta believe some of you are just trolling the board at this point. If that's how you get your kicks, so be it. Again, it was released LAST YEAR. As in 2017.

1 hour ago, Rez77 said:

yeah acne scars have so many different issues that they're really tough to combat. There's volume lose, skin surface is all changed and permanenetly destroyed. There's irregular fibrous tissue formation that needs to be untethered or excised. Collaggen loss. etc. etc. 

I've gotta agree. Ten years at least for a real biological treatment. Polarity TE is just like that Recell skin spray, might help a bit with burns. But its not gonna do anythign for deep acne scars. We're already well into 2018

Yes, ten years... based on what exactly? And when did less than a month in count as well into a year?

Look, SkinTE is out right now. It was out in 2017 for commercial use for scars and wounds of various types. That's not debatable, that's fact, unless you think PolarityTE is just making stuff up, consequences be damned. None of us on this board, I'm guessing anyway, are qualified to talk about whether it will or won't achieve complete regeneration in humans based on the data so why post nonsense like this?

Are you seriously implying that 3rd degree burn scars are somehow less severe than acne scars??? I think we all know that is completely false.

If anyone just likes to post silly things like this to get a rise out of people, okay, more power to you. Otherwise, let's try to keep it in the realm of actual observation.

3 hours ago, golfpanther said:

Seriously... what? I gotta believe some of you are just trolling the board at this point. If that's how you get your kicks, so be it. Again, it was released LAST YEAR. As in 2017.

Look, SkinTE is out right now. It was out in 2017 for commercial use for scars.

4 hours ago, Rez77 said:

why will Skinte not work?.....hit me with your unemotional wisdom, please.

Did Recell regenerate fully functional all layers, hair bearing skin in pigs also from deep fully excised wounds? I never seen these results could you elabrate?

Then maybe these swine models are fakes. Fairly ballsy move for 3 renowned medical practitioners to leave behind a career and prestigious hospital to attempt to fool everyone and scam money including the poor patients they treated daily.

worth noting they are currently removing healed skin grafts from patients and using Skinte on the fresh wound to replace graft. Remarkable in itself because they are already using Skinte to hopefully achieve cosmetic/aesthetically better skin than the scarred grafts.

they who have no hope need not apply.......

3 hours ago, Sniffy said:
why will Skinte not work?.....hit me with your unemotional wisdom, please.

Did Recell regenerate fully functional all layers, hair bearing skin in pigs also from deep fully excised wounds? I never seen these results could you elabrate?

Then maybe these swine models are fakes. Fairly ballsy move for 3 renowned medical practitioners to leave behind a career and prestigious hospital to attempt to fool everyone and scam money including the poor patients they treated daily.

worth noting they are currently removing healed skin grafts from patients and using Skinte on the fresh wound to replace graft. Remarkable in itself because they are already using Skinte to hopefully achieve cosmetic/aesthetically better skin than the scarred grafts.

they who have no hope need not apply.......
It is the same thing all over again. Depressed people trolling this board without even knowledge facts. This must be one of the few message boards where the moderators allow trolling. Edited by Frasier

6 hours ago, Frasier said:

It is the same thing all over again. Depressed people trolling this board without even knowledge facts. This must be one of the few message boards where the moderators allow trolling.

Mods don't scan posts with the intention of warning people when they see rules broken. We rely on members to report things and also take action ourselves when we happen to come across a rule-breaking post. Please report posts that you believe to be against the community rules, or posts that you view as harmful/negative to the community, and we'll take a look since we don't have time to read this entire thread and see what the issue is.

Regards,
CP

On 1/13/2018 at 6:17 AM, Frasier said:
It is the same thing all over again. Depressed people trolling this board without even knowledge facts. This must be one of the few message boards where the moderators allow trolling.

I think the moderators do the best they can. It's probably best for us all to just ignore the comments that make baseless claims or confuse readers by misrepresenting actual facts. If they are trolling, I'm guilty of feeding them for sure.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!

Raising doubts about the efficacy of this new method is not trolling. I'm allowed to be a skeptic. Posting three photographs on pigs isn't all that convincing on the original trial. I also have doubts that it will work for acne scars, even if it does work for burn wounds. 

If it does work for acne scars, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I'm happy to own that and I will be celebrating with the rest if you. 

On 1/12/2018 at 10:02 PM, ScarRight said:

You posted this, which is why a lot of us thought you might be trolling. Again, SkinTE is out now for scar sufferers of a lot of different types according to their press release. It's been released so the chances of it being on the market are 100%. 

Now, if you'd posted that it will available specifically for acne scar sufferers, that's more nuanced. If that's what you meant, I get ya. However, it's not really productive. If it works, chances are you could find a provider that would try it for you. If it doesn't work at all or not a significant enough improvement to entice you then it's all moot anyway.

I personally have repeatedly said it's possible (though I extremely doubt it's the case) that PolarityTE risked their reputations and quite possibly the freedom of their board members by lying about the results in pigs. But at this point... does it matter? It's on human patients and it will work or it won't. At that point if it does, yeah, I suspect we'll all be elated. If it doesn't, the fact they did or didn't lie about results in pigs is meaningless to us unless some of us invested. Edited by golfpanther

10 hours ago, AI3forever said:

Does anyone know when the results of the human trials be out?

None of us really can answer that beyond saying that PolarityTE's press release stated results would be coming out throughout the first half of 2018.

I've speculated that because their press release on December 15th, 2017 that they should have results (based on how long it took for the pigs to heal) by late January to mid-February. But again, no one knows when any of it will actually be released.