Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

Question about a hypertrophic scar

So I developed a zit on top of a hypertrophic scar. I didn't even know that was possible. It was a very small zit, more like a little clogged pore. Anyways, I popped the zit. And the scar turned SO red. 3 days later, it's still super red and showing no signs of fading. Usually my red marks fade within a few days because I use Finacea. I'm just so worried i've messed my face up even more, and i'm worried how long it will take until it's not red anymore. Any suggestions for supplements I should be taking, creams I should be using? I have an appt to see a dermatologist on Monday to see if VBeam would be a good option for me.

Has anyone here had VBeam for hypertrophic scarring? If so, did it help? And how was the downtime? Thank you.

Hi, I had the exact same thing happen before and the scar tissue does get very red because of the dilated blood vessels. I think icing it could help. If it is not infected the redness should fade back to normal with time. I had a sample of vbeam done before and initially my face looked so much worse. I think it does work in the long run but slowly and only on raised scars. It hurt too but I didn't have any numbing cream.

I recently bought the hyped amatokin and waited awhile to report back here. It is the cream that is supposed to act on your skin thru talking to your stem cells... Well it caused my raised scar tissue to get inflamed and caused the zits like kanmi describes. However, I think after the breakout my skin did look a bit better. I think it is like the other scar cream in the drug stores that caused so many breakouts yet some said it raised the pitted scars. I don't know if I would recommend the cream because of the breakouts and the money, but it does get a reaction out of your skin!

How long did the redness take to fade for you tricia? and did you get the VBeam done on your entire face?

How long did the redness take to fade for you tricia? and did you get the VBeam done on your entire face?

I got the vbeam done a couple times on red hypertrophic scars that would break out every now and then. They look less red now and hardly ever turn into zits anymore, but they are still there. Just so you know, the swelling was really intense for a couple days afterwards. I paid $120/session, and it was worth it to me just because they stopped looking so inflamed and red all the time.

See, it's been 3 full days now, and it's still red. I'm supposed to go travel to see my friend next week on the 16th, and if my face isn't better by then, then I can't go. I'm really upset about this. I've been putting ice on it. I won't get the VBeam done if the redness wouldn't have subsided by the time I needed to leave. Also, I do have very sensitive skin, and rosacea, but VBeam is used for rosacea so I don't know why I would have a problem with it. The scar is already pretty much flat, i'm just concerned about the redness.

Thank you both of you for your help.

See, it's been 3 full days now, and it's still red. I'm supposed to go travel to see my friend next week on the 16th, and if my face isn't better by then, then I can't go. I'm really upset about this. I've been putting ice on it. I won't get the VBeam done if the redness wouldn't have subsided by the time I needed to leave. Also, I do have very sensitive skin, and rosacea, but VBeam is used for rosacea so I don't know why I would have a problem with it. The scar is already pretty much flat, i'm just concerned about the redness.

Thank you both of you for your help.

Yeah, I won't even leave my house because of it. I mean, I only leave my house twice a week, but still, that's more than this. I'm too embarassed of it.

i had 2 sessions of vbeam done on about 10 small hypertrophic/keloid scars on my chin and I don't think it did anything at all. I'm reading good results on cortisone injections to flatten the scar and may try that.

i wasted a lot of money on v-beam!