Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kel

any brides to be with acne

im having a make up artist on my big day and touch wood! my skin is clear at mo,but should the worst happen,how can i deal with it

honestly, one day isn't going to kill you. just make sure you get it all off at the end of the day. use a make-up remover, and it should come off with no problem. i wear some heavy foundation sometimes, and i use mac's cleanse off oil with no breakouts. don't worry too much about it; enjoy the pampering for the day! :)

i no its only one day but its alot of attention and pics and videograhy,so i want to look my best.

Hey! i'm getting married at the end of march. I just recently started breaking out pretty bad after being on minocycline antibiotic for 8 weeks, then zineryt topical solution for roughly 5 months! i've just started taking dianette birth control pill, which made me crystal clear a couple years ago. I'm planning on taking it for 11 months, and coming off it the month after the wedding, as we want to start trying for a baby towards the end of the year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, i hope i'll be completely clear by the wedding!

Have you thought about going on the pill?

i just re-read and think i may have misunderstood.... i thought since you were clear now you were worried about breaking out from your make-up, but i think now you may have been asking for advice if you do, right?

anyway, if you do, a make-up artist should be able to cover up anything you don't want showing. they have a way of doing that; magic fingers, i guess.

if your worried about breaking out, well, about the most i can say is just take care of your skin and you'll be okay. for me, i have dry skin, and if i get stressed out or stay out late, my skin starts to get really dry. i just have to remember to moisturize really well. your current regimen must be working okay since you're clear right now. just keep doing it. honestly, just don't sweat it. exfoliate when you need to, hydrate when you need to. if you do start breaking out, just don't start using a bunch of zit zappers. you could end up drying out and irritating your skin.... causing more acne. you'll be fine though. :)

yeah im clear at the mo,using dove soap and duac gel once a day,and dabbing a little concleaer on any spots,thats it on my face.

i do drink and eat well,so fingers crossed.! :surprised:

don't dermotologists have something they can use which will shrink something in a few hours? ive heard of women "dashing to their dermos" on the morning of their wedding if they wake up with a huge zit.

I think you can get a cortisone shot to get rid of a pimple ... I'm not sure if it leaves marks though because I've never done it myself. Maybe you should ask your derm if there is anything they can do just in case you need it.

i dont have a derm at mo as treating acne with gp,but i get married in 4 months!!!!!

you could always get that zeno acne zapping machine, but they're kind of expensive. i don't know if they sell them overseas either. you just zap the zit with it, and it's supposed to make the zit go away within like 24 hours.

Guest evenstar

Do not stress about your wedding! This will increase cortisol levels, cortisol is the stress hormone, and i cannot stress, scuse the pun, how much that makes you skin break out!

Gillian McKeith recomends taking two tablespoons of flaxseed oil a day the week before you wedding to avoid pimples.

xevenstarx

I got married last year and worried about my skin beforehand like crazy.

I would recommend making sure you get enough sleep, drink extra water, do some yoga a/o meditation beforehand, and don't wear any make-up that may cause breakouts the week before your wedding.

Congrats & good luck!

I'm getting married in 31 DAYS and I STILL have not found a regimen that works well for me. I'm starting to panic! :wall:

I hope 30 days out isn't too close to switch products, but I don't know what to do...I am currently using Dan's cleanser & BP with Cetaphil moisturizer. I've sporadically used a few drops of jojoba oil after cleansing while my skin is still wet, and also aspirin scrubs/masks and Queen Helene Mint Julep masks. UGH!!!!!

I just know I will have pimples in my wedding pictures!!! :cry: I use Everyday Minerals and I also bought some MAC makeup, but I think it's useless!

I'm getting married in 31 DAYS and I STILL have not found a regimen that works well for me. I'm starting to panic! :wall:

I hope 30 days out isn't too close to switch products, but I don't know what to do...I am currently using Dan's cleanser & BP with Cetaphil moisturizer. I've sporadically used a few drops of jojoba oil after cleansing while my skin is still wet, and also aspirin scrubs/masks and Queen Helene Mint Julep masks. UGH!!!!!

I just know I will have pimples in my wedding pictures!!! :cry: I use Everyday Minerals and I also bought some MAC makeup, but I think it's useless!

i found that duac gel helped me greatly,im one week my pimples had 80% gone.of course i dont no how it will effect your skin with 31 days to go! but i think have some good cover up and no one will notice! and have the photos touched if needed.

i agree with wynnes advice stay as calm as you can,thats what im trying to do! and enjoy your fab day,and it will be fab!!!!!!

thanks wynne.xx

[*]Try to not wear any makeup at all these last few weeks before you're married.

[*]Exfoliate gently with a baby's hair brush once a day and then moisturize thereafter (IF your skin is dry, flaky, or feels 'tight') with one drop of jojoba on a wet face.

[*]Don't apply lots of different products testing them out in this last month.

[*]Relax, think how happy your day will be and how wonderful it will feel to call your fiance your husband!

[*]Get a lot of sleep daily.

[*]Continue with your current regimen, especially if you've been using it for more than a month already. If not, just continue with it and RELAX. :P

[*]A few pimples can definitely be hidden by makeup, or you could even have them airbrushed out of the pictures if you want. That is perfectly acceptable for your wedding day photos!

[*]Drink lots of water.

[*]Eat enough, and make sure you eat several small meals a day to keep your blood sugar even throughout the day.

[*]RELAX! :P

Thanks, Ladies! Great advice. I definitely need to stay calm and not stress out! (yeah, that's easy! haha)

I am about to run out of Dan's cleanser, so I just went to WalMart and bought a bottle of Purpose cleanser. I hope that doesn't make much difference. Ideally, maybe it will work better than Dan's, as in less drying. My eye area gets SO dry and flaky with Dan's cleanser.

On Saturday I am going for a facial from a lady who knows all about acne prone skin. She says they use very good products that should not cause harm. I know the facial might make me break out right afterwards, but at least I think it will help get out any gunk that may be in my pores.

and YES, I have recently been wearing NO MAKEUP, even to go outside of the house, which for me is a HUGE step. Normally I would never be able to go out knowing people could see my bad skin, but for some reason I am doing it. One thing I've learned is that it's not just the makeup that is causing the pimples, though, because with just BP and Cetaphil moisturizer I am still breaking out. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

I am still definitely exfoliating, gently, with dissolved aspirin tablets. When I slack off on the exfoliating or the mint julep masks, I think my skin gets worse. Oh, I am 28 and STILL have acne....I am going to go from acne directly to wrinkles!!! grr...

For any other brides...I went to the MAC counter (twice) and ended up buying some good quality makeup for my wedding day. I bought MAC's Studio Stick foundation (applied with a foundation brush) and Select Cover Up (comes in a little tube). I am going to go back and get some kind of powder to set everything, because although I like Everyday Minerals for everyday wear, I want the good stuff for my wedding photos. I've worn that makeup twice now (for two bridal showers) and I don't think it caused any breakouts.

I also just bought a soft long handled brush, a 6 pack of Dove sensitive skin bars, and a huge bottle of Dove sensitive skin body wash to try to work on the BACNE (uurrrghhhh!) for my strapless dress!!! (All my fiance buys is stuff like antibacterial Zest, which I think is too strong for my skin)

What a struggle...it is very hard to stay calm and not stress out!

My skin was glowing on that day and the whole week before the wedding. It was the best it has ever been since I was 11 years old. :P I just enjoyed each day of happy anticipation, and stayed very busy with all the things I had planned. Everything came together and it was a wonderful day.

You brides-to-be, I wish you the same. :)