Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neutrogena

How I Killed My Blackheads

I had such tightly packed blackheads on my nose that from afar it looked extrememly tan, and from close up my nose obviously was so full of blackheads that you couldn't see a single clear pore.

But that wasn't all. I also had blackheads on my cheeks and chin, too. They weren't so severe, but they were still horrible. HORRIBLE! What a drag! They were ugly and stiff, and I hated them with passion. Now I'm here to share my success story with you, about the miracle product I can't recommend highly enough. I can only pray it works for everyone...

I purchased the Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System (available from Walmart, Walgreens, Target, Kmart, and just about any drugstore around as well as Amazon.com, their official website, and other online skin care stores) from Amazon.com, a bit hesitant and doubtful, but excited after reading so many reviews about what it did for not only acne, but blackheads, too.

On the first usage, it wiped half of the blackheads off my nose. A month later, I am now completely acne free with baby smooth skin and not a blackhead. I can't say how grateful I am. I can't guarentee that it will work for you, as I've heard some bad reviews from others, but you should give it a try if you're desperate. What have you got to loose?

P.S. Another quick trick I have used, though it can be a drag, is used coffee grinds. After making coffee, used the left overs to rub on your face. Rinse thoroughly. Your blackheads will disappear! The reason I didn't use this often, however, is because you shouldn't let the coffee go down the drain, or it will clog your sink. So put a bowl under face, rinse over it, dump that in the toilet, flush, then continue rinsing as needed. Good luck!

If it doesn't work, will you give me my money back or should I return it directly to the store? JK

If you don't work for Neutrogena then say it directly. Don't say you're sorry for helping.

What other treatments did you try?

If it doesn't work, will you give me my money back or should I return it directly to the store? JK

If you don't work for Neutrogena then say it directly. Don't say you're sorry for helping.

What other treatments did you try?

the first post sounds liek a frickin ad, just read it.

i have no faith in this. a month will not solve bad blacheads, which his what he clams to have had and then cured.

Goodness guys, lighten the fack up. This guy is simply relating to how he got rid of his blackheads, you really think a spammer would throw in the coffee grind exfoliating tip too? If he was truly spamming, he'd promote a Neutrogena facial scrub.

Anyway, to the original poster, I'm glad you found something that worked for you and I'm sorry people tend to....attack :P

Goodness guys, lighten the fack up. This guy is simply relating to how he got rid of his blackheads, you really think a spammer would throw in the coffee grind exfoliating tip too? If he was truly spamming, he'd promote a Neutrogena facial scrub.

Anyway, to the original poster, I'm glad you found something that worked for you and I'm sorry people tend to....attack :P

I'm not sufficiently well-informed to call anyone a liar, but the presentation and phrasing of the opening post feels extremely false. Maybe it's not - in which event, perhaps a more conservative approach would have been not to have chosen a major skincare brand name as your user ID, and without terminating every post with a well-lit, high-res image of the product in question.

Very dubious. Not *as* dubious, however, as the claim that this product removed half of the blackheads on your nose on its first application. I mean, what the *Hell* is this "Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System" - a fuckin' laser-guided cluster-bomb?! (note the Google-tastic specific product title, by the way...) A dermatological procedure could do that, and/or a month of taking Accutane, but *one* application of an over-the-counter product?! Gimme a break... if they came away *that* easily, they probably weren't blackheads - you just needed a wash.

Maybe I’m way out of line, and you’re a genuine poster. Then again, maybe the moon *is* made of cheese, the Earth *is* flat after all, and maybe if a frog had wings it wouldn’t bump its ass when it hopped. No matter what, you’ve been terribly naïve. I’d advise you to shut-down your current username and get a new one that doesn’t arouse such suspicion. I, for one, am not at all sorry other members have “tended to attack†– after various durations of struggling with acne, we are all rightly cynical about major corporations telling us that all that’s standing between misery and paradise is a visit to Wal-Mart. I say, let the attack continue. Indeed, I would like to say that, as someone who has struggled with acne for fifteen years, I have consistently found Neutrogena products to be expensive and crap – expensive crap, if you will. Normally, I wouldn’t make such an unconstructive comment, but I believe that it is warranted under these circumstances.

If anyone has something to say in reply, contact me privately. I’ve said my piece, and I will not enter into a public debate that will allow the OP to further promote the said product.

You write very eloquently for a 14-year old, by the way. And born on Christmas Day, too?! Maybe you’re The Second Coming… (I encourage other members to check out the OP’s profile, and previous posts…).

[shakes head] Down with this sort of thing. Shame on you.

I'm not sufficiently well-informed to call anyone a liar, but the presentation and phrasing of the opening post feels extremely false. Maybe it's not - in which event, perhaps a more conservative approach would have been not to have chosen a major skincare brand name as your user ID, and without terminating every post with a well-lit, high-res image of the product in question.

Very dubious. Not *as* dubious, however, as the claim that this product removed half of the blackheads on your nose on its first application. I mean, what the *Hell* is this "Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System" - a fuckin' laser-guided cluster-bomb?! (note the Google-tastic specific product title, by the way...) A dermatological procedure could do that, and/or a month of taking Accutane, but *one* application of an over-the-counter product?! Gimme a break... if they came away *that* easily, they probably weren't blackheads - you just needed a wash.

Maybe I’m way out of line, and you’re a genuine poster. Then again, maybe the moon *is* made of cheese, the Earth *is* flat after all, and maybe if a frog had wings it wouldn’t bump its ass when it hopped. No matter what, you’ve been terribly naïve. I’d advise you to shut-down your current username and get a new one that doesn’t arouse such suspicion. I, for one, am not at all sorry other members have “tended to attack†– after various durations of struggling with acne, we are all rightly cynical about major corporations telling us that all that’s standing between misery and paradise is a visit to Wal-Mart. I say, let the attack continue. Indeed, I would like to say that, as someone who has struggled with acne for fifteen years, I have consistently found Neutrogena products to be expensive and crap – expensive crap, if you will. Normally, I wouldn’t make such an unconstructive comment, but I believe that it is warranted under these circumstances.

If anyone has something to say in reply, contact me privately. I’ve said my piece, and I will not enter into a public debate that will allow the OP to further promote the said product.

You write very eloquently for a 14-year old, by the way. And born on Christmas Day, too?! Maybe you’re The Second Coming… (I encourage other members to check out the OP’s profile, and previous posts…).

[shakes head] Down with this sort of thing. Shame on you.

DH2005

Yea Its so obvious hes a paid advertiser its not even funny. All the signs are there, DH2005 doing an excellent job of summing them up so i dont feel like repeating them all. Another thing you might want to look at, he punctuates everything perfectly likes he turning in his post for an English grade. Hinting that hes some professional paid to do this stuff. Im not saying that he just spells right and etc, but his initial post completely reminds me of something you would hear on an ad; everything flows together, he has "amazing and unbelievable" results.

Btw he coulda just thrown the coffee beans stuff in there to add realism to his role acting like a genuine acne sufferer. People would say "O well, why would he advertise a different treatment if he was really a paid advertiser?". Because he knows no one is actually gonna try scrubing ground up coffee beans over there face (I for hell wouldn't), and he knows that by putting that in his post, people will be more likely to believe him.

Im mean come on, his name on here is "Neutrogena", he has a high-def picture of the product hes advertising in this topic as his signature, and he just joined up a few days ago and hes already making all these huge posts telling whats worked for him (him/her idc). If hes not an advertiser, then he is certainly a guy who just joined up here to convince other people to try out this product, as he obviously doesnt need help with this "miracle product" of his, and in the first day he joined he makes a post saying how great a product of his, which in the end, which in the end, amounts to the same thing for us = us wasting our money on a supposed miracle product that no one has ever mentioned before as being great, but Im sure many people have tried it out (sold in walmart, CVS, Walgreens etc.)

I dont blame people for being "attacking" which I would just call being smart and having a healthy suspicion, you sound so incredibly phony and fake i would be amazed if it turned out you werent

if she was a paid spammer would she still say to you to buy it from amazon? it's cheaper there, i looked.

okay i am jumping on this bandwagon now...

anywhere you buy a product from, the company is still making profit off of it. they've already sold it to the stores!

i agree that there is no way a product, on the first try, wipes off half the blackheads from someone's very clogged nose. or that someone who bought the product at ONE location would tell you ALL of the big-name retail places where it's sold.

and this is not a 14-year-old's writing. i have taught many 14 year olds as well as college composition and would bet that this poster has grossly misrepresented him or herself.

and this is not a 14-year-old's writing. i have taught many 14 year olds as well as college composition and would bet that this poster has grossly misrepresented him or herself.

I used that stuff for a little while- my face cleared up a little bit (though the blackheads on my nose remained firmly in place), but then it BLEW UP. Angry, red, cysts, which I very rarely get. I stopped doing it, have been trying to keep up the regimen for about three or four weeks now, and am seeing a lot of improvements. I think the scrub was just too harsh.

I would think a composition professor would possess better typing/grammar. I don't mean that as ad hominem, but merely an observation. ^^

I'd like to point out that I was EXTREMELY articulate and eloquent at that age, and only now that I'm an old fart I allow typos and incoherent thought into my writing.

And I'm not touching this spammer/not spammer debate, save to say, if she ISN'T a spammer, she must be rather incredulous right now at her reception to the .org.

I would think a composition professor would possess better typing/grammar. I don't mean that as ad hominem, but merely an observation. ^^

I'd like to point out that I was EXTREMELY articulate and eloquent at that age, and only now that I'm an old fart I allow typos and incoherent thought into my writing.

And I'm not touching this spammer/not spammer debate, save to say, if she ISN'T a spammer, she must be rather incredulous right now at her reception to the .org.