Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eisley

Mineral Make-Up Help

What is your must-have mineral makeup?

I am looking for something with great smooth coverage, all day lasting power, good color selection, etc.

I have heard good things about Aubrey Nicole, Signature Minerals, and Joppa... I've also heard some mixed reviews about Everyday Minerals.

So PLEASE TELL ME: What brand would you recommend?

I have fair/sensitive/combination skin, if that helps : )

Everyday Minerals is my favorite; good coverage, natural finish, & not too powdery. Plus I found my perfect color. I recommend the intensive or matte formula though, cuz original glo is waaay too shiny & if you have oily skin then the semi-matte will be too shiny also.

I've been buying lots of mineral makeup samples, and so far I'm most impressed with Signature minerals and Mad minerals. I like them for their coverage and the colors they offer. Everyday minerals would have been great for me because it has nice coverage, but it didn't do well when I sweated. Aubrey Nicole turned orange on my face, but I'm sure it's different for everyone.

Good luck.

Aubrey Nicole breaks me out, and i pretty much know it for a fact because i just gave it a second try and my second breakout is finally clearing up. It's really weird because im not that typical person who develops a rash/reaction to most things. Always thought my skin was pretty "strong". In any case, I really like AN's shades. I'm very pale with pinkish undertones and they had a formula that really suited me.

I'm using Meow Cosmetics now, but still jumping around trying to find my exact shade. The one im using right now works, but i think i could do better. They have an endless array of shades anyhow, so thats good. Their samples come in baggies which stinks :(

so i just ordered the sample kit of EM. you know i love my philosophy, but i pride myself on trying stuff at least once before i rule it out. i'm excited.........

After having tried tried numerous mineral makeups, I went back to using BE and am so glad that I did. And right on its heels is Milani's new mineral makeup products. As, I am SO in love with Milani's Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation, too.

Since I started back to using BE's products my skin seems to actually look better! My skin is less oilier, and my breakouts have severely diminished. Plus, the products go on silky smooth, and has not caused any allergic reaction. The first time that I tried BE years ago, it gave me the itches, and I got some redness from it. But, the latest batches that BE is cranking out, seems to work better for my skin. My skin has started looking smoother, and it has in fact started healing my skin, which I was the most suprised about!

Milani's Pressed Mineral Foundation, is the most creamiest powder that I have ever used on my face. It has added moisturizing ingredients to it, which helps it to just melt into my skin, without it looking powdery. It lasts all day, and I don't even have to use a finishing powder with it. And, it is cheap and readily available at either CVS or Wal-Greens, which really makes a difference.

By the way, I have tried Everyday Minerals and Jane Iredale before. Also, I actually still have both of their makeups stashed away in my closet. I can honestly say that Everyday Minerals foundations give coverage, but the coverage is medium at best. Their eyeshadows aren't long-lasting and always crease on me unless I use a eye primer first. And their Finishing Dust, Blushers, Bronzers and Concealer were just okay. Jane Iredale's pressed powder foundation did give me full coverage. But, the powder doesn't have a creamy consistency to it(which I would have really rathered), unlike BE and Milani's mineral foundations. Instead, the Jane Iredale pressed foundation would give a more matte appearance to my face, like most powders happen to do. As, it had no real moisturizing qualities to it at all.

Everyday Minerals in the intensive formula. I love that it doesn't cause my skin to break out (only 4 ingredients). It gives me great coverage and helps to control my oily skin without looking like I have a mask on. They also have a lot of shades to choose from so that you can find the right one. They have a FREE sample kit here: http://everydayminerals.com/g?t=kits. It includes 3 foundations, 1 blush/face color, and 1 concealer. For me, the samples lasted a good 3-4 weeks. The full size foundation is only $12, too, so it's great on my wallet :clap: . There are some other companies that offer free samples too: Aromaleigh and Signature Minerals, but I'm sure that there are more out there. I'd also STAY AWAY from Bare Minerals, or any other brands that have Bismuth Oxychloride in them. That causes skin irritation including redness, itchiness, and bumps...no fun! (Trust me :( ). BM is also really expensive, didn't give me good coverage, and didn't help to control my oily skin.

Good luck finding on you like!!

I LOVED Bare Minerals/Escentuals until i read that it was breaking some people out.

I don't think i ever broke out from it but i stopped anyway. So if you would risk it i would use BE as it looks natural, it has high coverage, i had tons and tons of compliments on how smooth my skin looked (with cystic acne!) and it covers all flaws in person and in photo's also.

But.... I have changed to Everyday Minerals (killer on shipping to UK) and i like it's coverage. Don't think i've got the application down right just yet as it looks a little powdery, and also the shade is too light, but it is promising!!

So either is good, but EM comes without pore clogging ingredients.

so i just ordered the sample kit of EM. you know i love my philosophy, but i pride myself on trying stuff at least once before i rule it out. i'm excited.........

I ordered a sample myself just yesterday. After reading all the good things said about it I had to try it for myself. We'll see how well it works!

I'm currently using BE, but just ordered the trial kit from Everyday Minerals. I have found that BE makes my face look even oilier lately and itchy and is probably the cause of more acne forming. I've seen the results of using the regimen for a week, but that was without wearing BE. I hope that EM will be much better and less itchy......

You know, I thought my face was just itchy, it's kinda nice to read that some people found BE to be itchy.

EVERYDAY MINERALS!

bare essentials does NOT look natural at all. it gives you that line.. its wayyy too pinky for most skin tones... and it breaks you out! and its sooooooooooooo expensive.

everyday minerals is cheap, and will not break you out, holds up pretty good in water/sweat, and has so many amazing shades that will look really natural. the matte works the best for coverage... make sure when you're picking out a color that you read the description rather than looking at the color. that will be more accurate.

i used BE about 3 years ago.. didnt like it.. i actually hated mineral make up back then..

i tried Aubrey Nicole.. didnt like it at all since none of'em matched my color and the coverage really sucked. i really hated their concealer as well. however their customer service is EXCELLENT! =]

I have Meow mineral but havent really tried it.. i ordered 20 different foundations and concealers so i feel...sort of overwhelmed =x i did try their concealer though.. i think its too light on me.. but the coverage is pretty good. i know some people like meow a lot since they offer 3084920398408239 different colors (ok, i am sort of exaggerating) but i personally dont like it.. i dont wanna sit in front of my monitor for hrs to figure otu which ones my color.

i also ordered Everyday Mineral samples last night.. i am really excited.. i just hope it doesnt take forever to get here! ill let u know if i like it or not as soon as i get it =)

Everyday Minerals in intensive. It can be applied wet or dry. If you want a perfectly flawless finish, apply it wet with a concealer brush. If you want a completely natural, effective coverage, apply it dry with a concealer brush. I finally found the ONLY foundation ever that completely matches my skin with Everyday Minerals.

I bought the sample kit. I will be buying the full sizes when I run out. I don't usually wear makeup, but sometimes I just decide to look 'polished' at work, so I wear makeup and a nurse uniform dress.

Everyday Minerals! :dance: I have tried most of the other brands and continue to come back to EM! I use the intensive and it covers great, lasts all day and doesn't break me out. I also enjoy their customer service and the brushes they include in the kits. Try their free samples--maybe a matte and intensive. I didn't like their glow (too shiny for me!) Also, everytime you order from them you can get another free sample kit! Been using EM for almost a year now. Good Luck!

Do you all recommend ordering the Kabuki brush from Everyday Minerals, or should I purchase another Kabuki brand instead?

I've heard MMU is all about the how good your Kabuki is :D

After reading all the recommendations. I finally decided to try Everyday Minerals. I just ordered the Free Samples yesterday so I'm excited to use it. I thought I was satisfied with what I usually wear which was the Clinique foundation pressed powder, it does have a good coverage but it is pretty pricey and I'm sure that mineral makeup will be much better to try.

I can't wait to try it!

i got my pur mineral 4 in one pressed powder yesterday and its great, it goes on very smooth and does not look cakey at all, my skin looks good even at the end of the day, it doesent slide one bit, it minimizes the pores and covers really well even though I only dust a small amount with my brush. I love it.

I've tried the big (more expensive!) names & prefer Everyday Minerals Multitask CONCEALER used as a foundation - it looks natural & gives good, lasting coverage, which I sorely need!