Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BerriesNCreme

PIMPLE POP OR NOT POP :(

well ive been on the dkr for 3 days now and i just got this huge white head. Well its tempting to pop it and all so i was thinkin about it. I have some questions. should i pop it? if i do will it scar? what do u do when u get pimples during the dkr? what would happen if i dont pop it ? :confused:

If you're using enough BP in that area, it should dry the pimple out like mad and it'll flake away. I had a few pimples form and the BP eradicated those suckers.

P.S. Don't pop!

i do the same. sterlize a needle.

then after i poke it, i gently squeeze until i see a tiny bit of blood, so then i know i got all the puss out and it wont form again. then i usually put some neosporin on it and just leave it alone.

Don't pop it. Popping zits can damage your pores & cause re-occuring zits in the same spot. Not popping pimples has helped keep my skin clearer because I am not spreading any bacteria by popping it & I'm not traumatizing my pores by squeezing pimples.

If you pop it then it will be much more likely to get re-infected & grow larger. It is also more likely to scar. Even if not an indented scar, I notice any hyperpigmentation will be darker from a popped zit.

What happens if you leave it alone is the white pus will dry up & turn a yellowish color. Then it will fall / flake off. A flatter red bump will be left underneath that will subside til the zit is gone completely. I actually find pustules (red pimples with a "whitehead") to heal better & quicker when I do not pop them.

For most pimples & black heads I advise to just leave them alone and let your topicals take care of them. If the pimple is very large it may actually be doing more damage to the skin then gently popping it would. If you need to pop a pimple make sure you only massage the skin around the pimple, squeezing can result in permanently damaged skin.

I leave my shit alone..they're annoying as fuck but it's best to leave them alone, then they'll just go away and not leave any marks behind.

I noticed that once I stopped popping them my skin improved dramatically. I used to pop them thinking it was not a big deal (even small ones). It makes a HUGE difference over time.