Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HMK2003

Been on the regimen 12 days now...

I have used the regimen 12 days now. My acne would be considered moderate. The first few days my skin looked noticeably better, and I was really excited about that. But in the days to follow it has become worse. I noticed in the success stories people say they notice clearing right away and after that they continue to clear up. I just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience as me? I'm not sure if maybe my skin's become to dry and that is the reason I'm breaking out, don't know if I should quit. I just want something to work for once in my life.

i wouldn't quit just yet, my skin felt very dry and tight when i first started and i thought i should quit but i didn't and now my skin feels pretty normal except for some dryness and i am 95% clear.

Thanks for the reply beama! How long have you been on the regimen? I know the dryness is normal, but I'm still worried that has caused me to break out. I know I should continue on with the regimen, but I have this fear of being let down by it. Eventhough so many people have seen results, I'm afraid it somehow won't work for me. (as with everything else I've ever tried!) For now though, I'll try to be more optimistic and just continue on. Anybody that wants to give feedback or tell me about their own experience on the regimen, please do! Thanks!

Breakouts are totally normal for the first month of the regimen, for some it is normal into the second or third month. This is NOT a time to stop. Rather, it is a time to really make sure you keep doing everything to the letter. Keep us posted.

-Dan

I totally agree with Dan, you are still very much early days into the regimen, stick with it.

I have been on the regimen for nearly 2 months although previously I was doing my own sort of regimen but I wasn't using enough BP and was not using it on all my face, for this reason I never really had a breakout when I went full on the regimen but more or less all my active spots I had just dried up and have faded away slowly.

I still have plenty of red marks etc and my complexion is not fantastic, I mean it kind of looks like I have a bit of sun burn all the time, but to be 95% active acne free most I can live with a bit of dryness and some redness. I found that within a couple of weeks of properly starting the regimen the dryness seemed to not be as bad.

By the way, I only apply the BP once a day at night after a shower, I apply a good amount on all my face except for forehead then I usually come and spend an hour or so on my computer doing a few jobs etc then go back to the bathroom and apply another small amount of BP to my known problems areas and this has worked really well for me.

I have not put BP on my forehead previously as I had tried it once before and had an adverse reaction, with my weird little bumps appearing after using the BP, however my forehead has not been fantastic of late (2-3 active red spots that will not go away) so I have started using the BP again on a small area of my forehead and will see how it goes.

Beama