Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killua

Question about BP :^)

Hey guys, I've recently discovered DKR and I'm glad to say that to all of you that have been cleared, congratulations! ^^ Anyhow, I've been using Proactiv for quite some time and since I've just ordered DKR's BP not too long ago, would I have trouble adjusting to it? Should I still use the small amount in the beginning and work my way up during the weeks? Thanks. ^^

I thought so, nevertheless, how much should I start off on the first day?

Twice a day, here's the amount:

http://acne.org/finger.html

Also, note this quote:

The pictures below represent how much benzoyl peroxide you need if treating your entire face. If your problem area is only part of your face, you will need less. If your problem area includes the neck or body, you will need more.

I switched from the BP in Proactiv to Dans BP with no problems. Since you have been using it awhile and your skin has already adjusted to it you could probably start with a larger amount than Dan typically recommends for beginners. Lorrie

You might be able to use more BP than Dan recommends to start, but don't go crazy. I discovered that I was using about the same amount of the Proactiv BP back when I was on it as I was Dan's gel, starting with the recommended amount, and dryness kicked in about four days in or so. Dan's gel isn't quite as moisturizing as the Proactiv lotion because of the gel base, too, so keep that in mind. Just take it as slow as you need, and I wouldn't worry about the transition!