Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwg

Pigment of Scar

I have done few sessions of needling for depressed acne scars on my forehead and temples about 5 months ago. They filled in nicely but they are still whitish pink in color. I am wondering if the final scar color will be just pale white in color? Will the scar ever get close to skin tone color? If not, will it be better for me to do punch excision on the larger scar than needling?

[Left Temple]

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6402/me018mw7.jpg ->The larger scar

[ForeHead]

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/457/me017pb5.jpg

Thanks

That has filled in pretty impressively!! was that off 1 session of needling?? was it from a dermaroller?

I had two sessions of needling (8 weeks apart). My treatment is on hold now as i am on accutane to get rid of the persistant acne once and for all. The two needling sessions were done by esthetician using needles not roller.

That has filled in pretty impressively!! was that off 1 session of needling?? was it from a dermaroller?

Guest sm_oore

Wow. Those are almost completely filled.

Do you have any before pics?

Wow!! Your scars look really flat! I don't know for sure, but I would guess that your skin color will not change much. But I bet it's a lot better to have a filled in scar but a tiny patch of whitish skin than a pitted scar.

The color is not likely to change. I have hypopigmented scars on my face (only a few tiny ones) that are still depressed. I suppose if they were to fill in I would have a flat white scar. I could hope!

On my arms, I developed hypopigmentation scars from impetigo as a child. They remain hypopigmented to this day but it doesn't really bother me.

That's majorly impressive results for you! Wow! Congratulations! :) If they really bug you, you could experiment with mineral concealer, or just regular concealer.

If the color is going to stay almost the same, i guess doing punch excision on the larger scar will be better. Just a white linear line :think:

The color is not likely to change. I have hypopigmented scars on my face (only a few tiny ones) that are still depressed. I suppose if they were to fill in I would have a flat white scar. I could hope!

On my arms, I developed hypopigmentation scars from impetigo as a child. They remain hypopigmented to this day but it doesn't really bother me.

That's majorly impressive results for you! Wow! Congratulations! :) If they really bug you, you could experiment with mineral concealer, or just regular concealer.