Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gonchas

How much does accutane cost?

I have acne and it is very persistent. I have been on 200mg of dynacin for about five weeks. I have seen some improvement but not to my liking. I wash my face with cetaphil cleanser and I use retin a micro .1% every night. I have an appointment with my dermotologist next week. I am really considering using acctuane. How much does accutane cost?

Geez there no quick fix how bout you give it at least 12 weeks to see if the treatment is working.

Accutane is a very strong drug, expensive, and has a lot of side effects.

Plus even if you did take Accutane you would break out like crazy during your first month not to mention it would still takes months before you became clear.

What your saying dosnt happen to everyone.... People clear fast on accutane, some people dont get any break outs! everyone is different. have you taken it? dont listen to horror stories! its not as bad as they make it out to be.

lalala i agree like 300% with you.

Screw all the shitty other oral stuff. You want your acne gone? If yes, use accutane. Side Effects are bullshit anyway. In my opinion, people who bitch about side effects have a very poor hygine. My reasoning: the most frequent side effects with accutane are dry skin, dry lips, and back pains. To prevent these people use lotion, chapstick, and exercise. BUT...they should be doing these normally even if they didnt have acne. But people on this message board make it seem like these products are designed for acne. Chapstick was never intended for people with acne, either was lotion, nor was exercising. Its up to you to keep your skin healthy and livley and exercising keeps you in shape.

I read a thread the other day about how people bitch about taking accutane. I'm glad someone finally voiced there opinion. Stop being little scared bitches and take the freaking drug. Stop rubbing benzol peroxide shit on ur face for like 15 minutes a day. BP was invented like in the 30's. Times have changed, health care has improved thats why there is accutane.

Go to your derm...and tell he/she this. I wanna be prescribed Accutane. If you have severe acne, it shouldnt be a problem. If you have like a couple cysts then get a low dose. Sure...you might break out but a couple more zits to worry with for about for a week is nothing compared to getting acne for the rest of your life.

So people stop talking shit about Accutane and try it. If you have like 5 or less zits, then you shouldnt even be worrying too much about acne. It will go, but if you noticed more and more are coming please go on Accutane. If you have any questions PM me or write something in my journal.

Yep! Have an inital break out look like shit for a damn week who cares not like you never broke out and looked like shit before...... Everyone in life has looked like shit at sometime or another WHO GIVES A CRAP!

Heh. Although I don't agree with everything that JayC said, I do aqree with his overall premise. The side-effects of Accutane are are often made to be more serious than they are. Yes, there are instances of serious side-effects occuring in patients, but these cases are few. There are always people who do not react well to certain meds. This is the case with any drug.

As long as your doctor monitors your blood and prescribes the correct dosage, you really don't have much to worry about- including your acne which will be GONE within a few months of starting the medication.

The whole accutane topic strikes a nerve with me because I hate to see all these people suffering unnecessarily. Accutane is a cure for most people, and IMO it should be prescribed more often. The problem isnt the drug, its the fact that some doctors don't properly discuss the side-effects with patients and they get all freaked out when things starts happening. This whole media scare has made doctors more hesitant to prescribe accutane (and patients more hesitant to take it), and that just sucks IMO.

And yes, I have taken accutane.

My insurance do not cover it so i had to pay 140 dollars for every 30 caps of 20mg. now i am buying it online and it cost me 75 dollars for every 30 x 20mg