Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fredemerc

girls with acne and hair cuts...why it blows

GEEZ!

i got my hair cut today and i can never get the stylist to let me skip out on the shampoo! i washed my hair this morning...ugh, anyway, they always get their soapy hands all over the sides of my face and forehead. it takes a lot of my makeup off and it makes me paranoid because im kind of paranoid about the shit that touches my face (im sure yall can relate). also, when she was blow drying my hair, she blew all of wet hair onto my face with all those icky chemicals. i wanted to constantly brush the hair off my face, but it would have been a totally pointless act since it would just get blown back again. when she was combing the sides of my head she would let that hard-ass comb rake against my skin! yay for me for having most of my acne problems there; just my luck i suppose. i put off getting my hair cut until i feel like my skins relatively clear cause the worst part is when they hand you that super magnified mirror--i cant bear to look sometimes! ok, im done.

my problem is that the skin on my face is just so sensitive (im male btw)...

after haircuts my whole head is beet red! I feel like I scare away customers walking out of the salon.

Now I always wear a hat when I go to get my hair cut so that I can put it on right afterwards and run to my car.

when i had pimples on the back of my head, my barber would be careful not to accidentally pop them when he cut my hair. when he did pop them, he would apply a wet piece of paper on it. good barber he was. :D

Guest Kimmay

man make sure you wash your hair right when you get home after haircuts. One time when my skin had been CLEAR for a long time, i got a haircut and broke out MASSIVELY. It was absolutely because of the hair products they used on me. I made the mistake of not washing my hair until several hours later.

...and that's why my mom cuts my hair.

Can she cut my hair too?? I want the look of Brad Pitt pleaz!!! :dance:

I just got a haircut today lol. I don't like getting them because like someone said earlier the lighting makes my face look bad.

Actually I remember a while back when my acne was worse the guy that would cut my hair would always point out my acne. "ohh a lot of pimples huh?". I would just sit there and say in my mind "wtf is this guy thinking?" I don't know why I kept going there but last time I checked he wasn't working there anymore. The owner said he wasn't any good and got fired.

I just got a haircut today lol. I don't like getting them because like someone said earlier the lighting makes my face look bad.

Actually I remember a while back when my acne was worse the guy that would cut my hair would always point out my acne. "ohh a lot of pimples huh?". I would just sit there and say in my mind "wtf is this guy thinking?" I don't know why I kept going there but last time I checked he wasn't working there anymore. The owner said he wasn't any good and got fired.

I thought about posting a topic about haircuts.

I friggin hate going for hair cuts.....when I make the appointment I always say.....Yeah I think monday at 11 will be fine but If I cant make it can I call at 9 and cancel ????

That way, anything unexcected overnight and you can get out of it.

The place I go has all these hot young 18 year olds running round cleaning the floors, answering phones and working the till.... No way would I go if I felt shit.

My stylist does the exact same thing.. I get terrified going to her to get my hair done :lol: When she shampoo's me, I swear she purposely makes an effort to somehow get shampoo allll down my forehead and the sides of my cheeks. Before she blowdries, she ends up putting in some shine spray that she tends to aim perfectly in my face... so I get a nice squirt of hair product all over the front of my face. Then, she adds some more product in my hair and when she blowdries, she lets all the wet pieces of hair stick to my face. Then, she ends up finger combing my hair, not watching where she's putting her fingers, and touches my face at least 15 times in that process (she's even poked me in the eye a couple times.) :wall:

Guest Cubsfan
My stylist does the exact same thing.. I get terrified going to her to get my hair done :lol: When she shampoo's me, I swear she purposely makes an effort to somehow get shampoo allll down my forehead and the sides of my cheeks. Before she blowdries, she ends up putting in some shine spray that she tends to aim perfectly in my face... so I get a nice squirt of hair product all over the front of my face. Then, she adds some more product in my hair and when she blowdries, she lets all the wet pieces of hair stick to my face. Then, she ends up finger combing my hair, not watching where she's putting her fingers, and touches my face at least 15 times in that process (she's even poked me in the eye a couple times.) :wall:

Ugh, I hate going to the hair dresser too. It's so depressing. I wish I could find a salon where they only had mirrors to show you what you look like when the cut is done, and is run by people who aren't thin and attractive and don't have beautiful clear skin! I hate the fact that I have to sit in front of a mirror for an hour for a cut and I don't suppose it helps that I put off a hair cut for so long that by the time I get there, my hair looks really bad, so for the first 10 minutes I get the full appreciation of how bad I look! My cousin has her hairdresser come and do her hair at home, and I might think about it. Then I don't have to sit under those over-revealing lights.

I used to get my hair cut in Asian salons, and they're the WORST. My skin wasn't half as bad as it is now, and they'd randomly bring it up, offer skin care products, one girl even tried to get me to put this hair growth serum on my face. As far as touching the face, the worst is if you get bangs, and they rake the comb against your forehead...multiple times! Aggghh...

So I always let my hair grow superlong before I decide to go get a haircut.

Have you guys ever thought about asking them to not wash your hair? Or is that some mandatory unspoken law between women and their hairdressers? My barber goes over my head in 5 minutes flat, hand him a crisp £5 note and go take a shower, men 1 women 0. :cool:

4 months for me, since I started accutane.

I was afraid of hair thinning so naturally if you dont get it cut it will be thicker. Working so far.... its the longest its ever been in my life, pissing me off actually.

I gave in...., hair appointment is booked for tuesday morning.

I never look at the mirror, I'll focus at something on the counter below the mirror and stare at it the whole time. My hairdresser hates it however, shes forever pulling my head back with a finger on each temple.....I resist like a stubborn dog but try not to make it too obvious !

Luckily its a 15 minute thing for me, 15 minutes I've truely hated for the past 3 years.

Guest Cubsfan

one solution for guys, if you don't mind a crew cut just buy yourself a hair clipper & DIY @ home.

Saves time, money and anguish. I did that for like 1/2 year when I was a huge fan of Prison Break and saw all the actors with crew cuts and I just had to have a crew cut.

haha thank god i cut my own hair, havnt been to a hairdresser in 4 years. they never wanna cut it the way you want, their expensive and they talk shit. Its really easy to cut your own hair when you dont give a shit haha, im growing my mohawk back.... Pros : it doesnt get in ur face, ppl dont diss u bout ur skin and its an absolute man magnet :D

Guest The Effendi

I cut my own hair, it's easy. My mom always cut it when I was little,

so I learned how. I've only been to a salon twice, and I just tell 'em

I like it simple, so they don't put gunk in my hair. Then again, I had

the nicest stylist ever :D. She spent TWO WHOLE HOURS cutting my

waist long hair into "rockstar" hair...................and now it's grown out

again ;)

Wow, I actually love getting my hair done. It doesn't affect my skin at all though. My hair always looks sooo good when it's just done. It's shiny & the color is rich & the layers hang perfectly.

I use to dye my hair at home as a teen & I would never go back to it now. It's so worth it to go to a salon & have it done professionally...

My hairdresser doesn't rake anything against my head either. I would speak up if your hairdresser is too rough with your head.

Guest Cubsfan

I just gave myself a crew cut.

haha thank god i cut my own hair, havnt been to a hairdresser in 4 years. they never wanna cut it the way you want, their expensive and they talk shit. Its really easy to cut your own hair when you dont give a shit haha, im growing my mohawk back.... Pros : it doesnt get in ur face, ppl dont diss u bout ur skin and its an absolute man magnet :D