Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hola127

Does the skin actually get used to the benzoyl peroxide?

Yes, in the way that eventually, it won't sting, burn, or flake. You do have to use moisturizer, but the stinging and flaking some people report even with the moisturizer early on does fade.

I stopped using the aqueous based bp for several months, and when I tried to reintroduce into my regimen, my skin freaked out (I do have pretty sensitive skin though). My face got really dried out, no matter how much moisturizer I used and it was very irritated....I then started using it only every other day and only at night, and then reached the point where I could use it every day and haven't had a problem with either redness or dryness since. I think a lot it depends upon your skin sensitivity......................I would be interested too to see if there's any real proof that your skin has to get used to bp.........good thread topic.

I've used BP long enough now that I can use it without a moisturizer and not be flaky or red, but my skin feels better with moisturizer on it, so I continue to moisturize. I'd say I've definitely adjusted to using large amounts of it, no way I could have used as much BP as I do now back when I first started.

I've used BP long enough now that I can use it without a moisturizer and not be flaky or red, but my skin feels better with moisturizer on it, so I continue to moisturize. I'd say I've definitely adjusted to using large amounts of it, no way I could have used as much BP as I do now back when I first started.

Interesting, I wonder if the reason why you dont need a moisturizer is because all of the partially clogged pores were cleared over time and the sebum was allowed to flow more freelly preventing dryness.,