Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Debonaire

My own little regimen. (And a couple questions!)

I've gotta say, I think I've found something that actually works for me, and I'm really excited about it.

The only downside? I'm kinda peely in the morning, but after I use an exfoliating scrub -- Clean and Clear I use right now, it all goes away.

Anyways. Here's what I do.

In the morning:

I wash with C&C exfoliating scrub in the shower, wait about 10 minutes, and then I wash for about 20 seconds with my panoxyl 5% bp bar. I get out of the shower, dry my face with a clean towel and then I put on my tretinoin cream. I don't know how the tretinoin cream works very well, but I've been using it for a few months now and it's definitely done something good! I wait about 10 minutes or so and I apply a moisturizer. If I have a pimple -- which I really don't anymore!!! biggrin.gif -- I sometimes use Acnomel to spot treat it.

Then at night:

I wash again with C&C, then with the panoxyl bar, and then I apply a good amount of Acnomel, which is an over the counter acne medicine for adults. Then I wait like 5 seconds -- the acnomel dries reallly fast -- and then I apply the tretinoin cream.

I WAS using Klaron in combination with the tretinoin cream (in the morning), but my derm had given me both the Klaron (which requires a prescription) and the Acnomel to try out, so I decided to try out the Acnomel just because the Klaron made my skin REALLLY shiny in the mornings and I was kinda getting pissed off about it. I don't use the Acnomel in the morning because it's tinted just a little bit, and it seems to dry out my face somewhat and make it peel.

But I've had a lot of success so far! Right now I have just ONE active pimple, and it just popped up yesterday and it's barely noticeable because it's so small and not even red. So I've just spot treated that in the morning and hope it goes away.

So I just have a few questions. Has anyone else had success with Acnomel? It's main ingredient is 8% Sulfer, which is what I think gives it the drying effect and makes it feel kinda chalky. It's really not all that bad though. I wish I COULD use it in the morning because it sucks all the oil out of my skin and makes it look really pretty and smooth. But when I wake up in the morning I'm peeling a little bit around the sensitive areas of my face. I'm just glad it's an over the counter thing! I don't have to mess with prescriptions. tongue.gif

Second question: What's a good moisturizer? Right now I'm using Aveeno, and I don't really like it. It's too watery. I want something that's just a little thicker, but not greasy feeling. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot! smile.gif

Edit: Before this (and now, I guess), I had semi-oily skin and mild to moderate acne. At any given time I'd probably have like... two to four zits. So I doubt this product (the Acnomel) is for people with serious acne, but you never know!