Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moojamba

Moojamba's *Ultimate* fast cheap regime!!

Is there not a limit to how much vinegar you should consume in a day. Is 4 tbsp not too much? Could that not possibly hurt your stomach, all that acid???? Plus, if people are having a hard time taking that much, here is an easy way to take it, if you love vegetables that is. I love to make this salad which consist of chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, then add some olive oil and ACV....and of course salt and pepper. I usually only add like a tbsp or so of ACV, but I guess you could add more, even if it tasted like to much vinegar. At least its not taking the vinegar all by its self. So........I guess you could just use ACV it for dressings daily and stuff because making yourself take it by the spoon or glass is ridiculous and not necessary.

maybe it was just me but the acv for a month did not do anything for me... my acne was just as bad and on top of that i had stomach aches and had to deal with the gross taste every morning. It may work for some but not for me.

maybe it was just me but the acv for a month did not do anything for me... my acne was just as bad and on top of that i had stomach aches and had to deal with the gross taste every morning. It may work for some but not for me.

Jersey Rider, how much did you take each day of that month?

I guess you could just use ACV it for dressings daily and stuff because making yourself take it by the spoon or glass is ridiculous and not necessary.

...or add sugar to it or take it with juice when you take it. Besides, you get used to it, I don't think twice when I take it now, even if I don't like the taste.

The problem with adding it to food is that you'll have to do it regularly, and around 4 tablespoons the amount. Which will make your food taste way off. And you can't add it to everything.

Hence taking it morning and night like any other drug or suppliment is unfortunately how it has to be done.

You can all try actually mixing it in a big glass of water or juice when you drink it, if that makes it easier than taking it neat with water.

Hope something works out for you all, because I feel too lucky sat with zero spots and knowing this works for me, hoping it'll work for you too. Gives you a good complexion too, and didn't you read all those other health benefits I posted about it above?

In a glass, I mix half water, half grapefruit juice and 2 tablespoons of ACV. I drink it with a straw. I can't taste the ACV at all.

In a glass, I mix half water, half grapefruit juice and 2 tablespoons of ACV. I drink it with a straw. I can't taste the ACV at all.

lol - grapefruit juice? Some people can't even take that, on it's own!

I have a question i bought apple cider vinager about 4 years ago when i went on a health kick. It was from trader joes and its organic. BUT it doesnt have a expiration date on it, do you think it is safe??? I want to try this method because i am tired of my bumps! I just put the bottle in the fridge so hopefully i can get past the taste, I probably can because i can sorta turn off my tastebuds, i dont know how but it works lol. Hope its not expired because i really dont feel like going down there!

lol - grapefruit juice? Some people can't even take that, on it's own!

I can't get enough of grapefruit juice. :razz: If it's not your thing, try any other kind of juice. But, seriously, if it's the ACV taste that you can't stand, the grapefruit juice will mask the ACV completely. :clap:

Wow that tasted like raw ass. I am def. going to get some juice cause i cant handle that there was no turning my tastebuds off to that. :sick:

... i bought apple cider vinager about 4 years ago when i went on a health kick. It was from trader joes and its organic. BUT it doesnt have a expiration date on it, do you think it is safe???

ummm... I'm not entirely sure. My first thought would be to say, definately get yourself a new bottle, especially as they are cheap... otherwise we might not know if its working properly for you or not.

Then again, it might not ever expire, which is why it has no date on it... unless it was a poorly manufactured label.

Hehe.

moojamba, as i was reading your regimen and i noticed that u mention no soap. does that mean not u use soap in the shower or anyother part of the day???

moojamba, as i was reading your regimen and i noticed that u mention no soap. does that mean not u use soap in the shower or anyother part of the day???

Correct. I nakeize myself, jump in the shower, shampoo my hair twice - use plenty of shampoo but never let it touch my face, and use shampoo to wash my body too, sometimes body wash also. But i never let anything other than water touch my face. And I don't take less than 20mins per shower. Often it's until all the hot water's used up in the house. Hehe.

I've tried everything in the past on my face too. I always noticed a flair up in spots after them. And a flair up in bank charges :naughty:

Help...

Does anyone know where I can pick up the Organic ACV that Moojamba recommended?

I went to trader joes but no luck. Or if not that ASPALL brand, any equivalent?

I'm in the LA/Orange County area so I can pick it up anywhere, just need to know what store.

Thanks for your help guys/gals.........

I get mine at Whole Foods. I like Bragg's organic ACV, but then I haven't tried Moojamba's kind.

honestly, i found it harder to drink it when mixed with water. because you had to finish ALL the water to get the ACV. when i do the shot like moojamba says, its SOOOO much easier especially when i wash it down with water. also, ive been drinking just regular ACV for 2 days now. ima buy some organic tomrorow, you think i have to start over for it to effect me? also, did you break out at first?

Correct. I nakeize myself, jump in the shower, shampoo my hair twice - use plenty of shampoo but never let it touch my face, and use shampoo to wash my body too, sometimes body wash also. But i never let anything other than water touch my face. And I don't take less than 20mins per shower. Often it's until all the hot water's used up in the house. Hehe.

I've tried everything in the past on my face too. I always noticed a flair up in spots after them. And a flair up in bank charges :naughty:

First, let me say that I am very happy things are working so well for you. I have mild acne myself (though I am experiencing an unusual massive flareup at the moment) and can often go a few weeks with no problems when using a myriad of topicals. My current regime consists of an odd combination of Proactiv and MyChelle products. I hate using Proactiv with a fevered passion, but it's the only thing that has ever worked for me (the lotion anyway). Be all that as it may, I am very interested and intrigued to try your method. I have always felt that treating acne from within was the best approach, though I never found a way myself. I can handle your three easy steps, but I do have a question. How do you shave? If you even do, I suppose. I have to shave every day and currently use a bladed razor and Aveeno shave gel. Using the gel would thereby break your water only rule. One of my main problems I have when it comes to facial woes is ingrown hairs. Do you just dry shave with an electric razor, or are you just lucky enough to not have to worry about that yet, or at all? I am quite curious, as this would be my only hurdle. Thanks for hopefully enteraining my question, and kudos on your success.

Hi Moojamba,

Thanks for all the awesome advice. Couple questions for you, or anyone for that matter.

1)I'm going to try the ACV but I don't want to go off DKR on the spot. Do you think it would be ok if I took the ACV while doing the DKR for a couple weeks and then gradually go off DKR. I'm just worried about breaking out if I go off the DKR altogether.

2) You said don't use soap or chemicals. Cetaphil clenser states that it is a non-soap clenser. Can I still use this twice a day to wash my face. Can I use moisturisor as well?

Thanks again for your hard work in answering all of our questions. Much appreciated :)

honestly, i found it harder to drink it when mixed with water. because you had to finish ALL the water to get the ACV. when i do the shot like moojamba says, its SOOOO much easier especially when i wash it down with water. also, ive been drinking just regular ACV for 2 days now. ima buy some organic tomrorow, you think i have to start over for it to effect me? also, did you break out at first?

-If you are simply adding ACV to your regime, you won't find you'll break out more from starting to use the ACV. What you should notice is that you start breaking out less, or in my case, cease breaking out altogether.

First, let me say that I am very happy things are working so well for you. I have mild acne myself (though I am experiencing an unusual massive flareup at the moment) and can often go a few weeks with no problems when using a myriad of topicals. My current regime consists of an odd combination of Proactiv and MyChelle products. I hate using Proactiv with a fevered passion, but it's the only thing that has ever worked for me (the lotion anyway). Be all that as it may, I am very interested and intrigued to try your method. I have always felt that treating acne from within was the best approach, though I never found a way myself. I can handle your three easy steps, but I do have a question. How do you shave? If you even do, I suppose. I have to shave every day and currently use a bladed razor and Aveeno shave gel. Using the gel would thereby break your water only rule. One of my main problems I have when it comes to facial woes is ingrown hairs. Do you just dry shave with an electric razor, or are you just lucky enough to not have to worry about that yet, or at all? I am quite curious, as this would be my only hurdle. Thanks for hopefully enteraining my question, and kudos on your success.

...found it. Bottom of page two is how I shave. If you find your shaving is most efficient the way you have already chosen, I would stick with it, yes the shaving cream too. -I was always very sensitive to cream and also would cut myself alot with normal stuff.

Obviously for some of you, there will be times when you have to use things on your face, but if you feel like experimenting for a while and going without, finding alternatives so that you only use water on your face (except makeup remover) then go for that.

Treating acne from within is definately the way to go in my opinion. After your body produces the acne (for whatever reason) the damage is already done, isn't it? Why try so relentlessly to fight it on the outside? It's something not going correctly on the inside that's important. Take the accutane for example. You don't break it up and smear it over your skin do you?

Hi Moojamba,

Thanks for all the awesome advice. Couple questions for you, or anyone for that matter.

1)I'm going to try the ACV but I don't want to go off DKR on the spot. Do you think it would be ok if I took the ACV while doing the DKR for a couple weeks and then gradually go off DKR. I'm just worried about breaking out if I go off the DKR altogether.

2) You said don't use soap or chemicals. Cetaphil clenser states that it is a non-soap clenser. Can I still use this twice a day to wash my face. Can I use moisturisor as well?

Thanks again for your hard work in answering all of our questions. Much appreciated :)

Hi Jennifer,

1. I'm sure it would be okay to take ACV whilst taking DKR. Unless you feel sick simply from ACV itself, there's no reason anybody shouldn't take it as an additional suppliment to any regime they're already on. It's a completely natural substance so there won't be any clashes. Even people without acne take ACV if they are health freaks, for all the other benefits it supposedly gives. (I posted these around page 1 or 2: Will repost under the very first original message)

2. You may use as you wish :) But I would also try experiementing for sometime without using either. You'll really have to observe all yoru results. For example, if you find the face soaking too-drying (it isn't for me) then cut down or STOP that completely. Then you might try just washing your face normally but without any soap or chemicals. Then you might try adding in the chemicals again.

I would suggest, start taking the ACV as recommended, thats the vital point. Then a week into taking it, stop taking all your chemicals. That should give the ACV a chance to kick in. Your skin, if successful, will improve from that point onwards, requiring less of your chemicals. And you may find in conjunction, that not using chemicals anyway, results in better skin, because it's quite harsh on it.

So a note for everyone: Depending on whether you're doing fully or partial this regime (ACV+soak) there are ALOT of factors you need to play around with, notice the results, and figure out what works best for you - it's amazing how different we all our and how different our bodies work. The constant I would say, is the ACV. :)

I like Bragg's organic ACV, but then I haven't tried Moojamba's kind.

Don't worry about finding ASPAL in countries other than the UK, it's probably just a local brand here for England. However, cider vinegar is cider vinegar, and organic is organic. Wherever you are from, which ever country, simply go to your main big store, and ask an assistant to show you where the vinegars are. Then look yourself for whichever is organic AND apply cider vinegar.

By the way, in sainsbury yesterday I noticed they have increased the range of vinegars and they even have rasberry flavour now. I love rasberry, but as a vinegar? yuck! ...besides, it wasn't cider (from apples) which is the important kind. If you end up taking a different vinegar it might totally not work.

-for an update on my own personal progress, which is very stable: I have now after a week, gone down from 4 tablespoons to 2 tablespoons a day. So far, no change. So still zero spots.

I'd like to restress how important the 5pm warm face wash is by the way. Always give yourself a brief one around that time. (whenever's good for you. 6, 7pm even, if you're going to bed at 11, 12, 1 etc)

*never* fall asleep too tired, late at night, and miss a wash. If you're like me, a few days later, you will notice some problems which will then take a week or so to get rid of. Goes without saying though, doesn't it really.

-And if you KNOW you've just had a really, greasy, fast food meal; a momoth helping of KFC or McDonalds... God, take your ACV right after eating. Don't wait hours before sending down the ACV to sort out your greasy intake. Enjoy the grease then kill it's effects right after with 2 tablespoons.

(you guy's must think I have wayyy to much time on my hands. Actually, I guess I do.)

:idea: If you ever want to jump directly to this moojamba regime, all you gotta do is google: moojamba.

If you google moojamba, the very top result will bring you this page. In fact, you can even hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button and it'll land you right here. Latest post! Cool huh. I just hope that it's a regime worth coming to, and that it works for most of you, if not everyone! Now that would be amazing.