Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moojamba

Moojamba's *Ultimate* fast cheap regime!!

I've two questions.

I live in Canada. I went to Safeway and they only had normal ACV. They had two brands - Safeway brand and Heinz. I got Safeway brand, because it was in a smaller package. They didn't have organic. Where can I find organic? Would non-organic do it?

My other question is, would drinking too much ACV hurt me? I really enjoy the taste. I could drink that mofo all day long. I've noticed my piss smells somewhat weird, but I don't know if that's because of the ACV or some unrelated issue.

you -only- want to drink organic, stop drinking the non-organic right now. try to get BRAGGs, call around and ask if stores have it. Usually they'll be nice and go check the aisles for it.

and yeah, drinking more than 6 tablespoons a day is probably bad because of the acidicy level. your body will probably get used to it but you dont want too much, it might hurt your insides

Right! The non-organic stuff is staying under the sink, and once I grab a hold of the organic acv I'll only drink 4-5 table spoons per day. Thanks a lot!

Im front Canada, went to my local health food store and bought organic ACV. I dont think GNC had it but some other place did, forget the name. It was $10 a bottle though. You know what though, its working. I didnt notice anything the first week taking 2 tablespoons night and morning, then I stopped for a week (kinda forgot cause I want really seeing much improvement)... btu then, a couple days after that I started to have nicer skin, redness is gone, and nice and smooth all around my face! Now the past 3 days I started taking 2 tbps at night... I think it actually works! Im amazed

just doing the DIP and ACV

Wow after reading through 24 pages of this I think ill give it a go. I mean all i really need is something to halt the breakout rather then reduce it. I hope it works. Fingers crossed. :(

has any1 trying this actually consulted a medical or nutritional expert? is there some short term or even long term health risks of drinking 4 tablespoons of ACV a day for the rest of ur life?

I don't know WHY ACV works, but I'm pretty sure it does. I was skeptical. I recently started using differin gel twice a week, Doxycycline pills, and Brevoxyl creamy wash as presecriptions from my derm.

I kept up my habit, started monday night, of drinking ACV 4 tbsp a day...and I have ALREADY seen a big change in my skin! Not as dry or red, very "glowy" and soft...my zits are rapidly disappearing. I've had no new zits since then, either (miracle!) and the little invisible bumps under my skin that pop up that I know will become pimples later, are either going away overnight or not popping up!

You get used to the taste after a while...pinching your nose shut while swallowing helps too!

ok well here's my two cents after reading through 14 pages (10-24):

for adult acne sufferers (20+ y/os) it seems like this is a great method, BUT for TEEN acne, it'll only make everything worse after the ~2nd week.

my guess is that as teens, we are going to eat junk food and not have a very organic diet, and our bodies are going whack developing anyway, so the ACV doesn't work as effectively as stable adults who have regular acne. i got this conclusion realizing that when people posted summaries after 2 weeks, if they were an adult, it was usually extremely positive. if they were a teen, they usually started to break out at this point and lose/lost faith

i took this for 2 weeks and on the 2nd week i realized my face was just going worse and worse, after the inital awesomeness of the glow and decreased oil on my face. i stopped, and i was thinking of starting this winter break, to get a 2 week jump start before going to school. i decided not to, and i can consider this again if i still have acne in a few years

ALSO, I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO NOTE!

moojamba first posted this thread saying TABLESPOONS when he was ACTUALLY USING TEASPOONS. i believe teaspoons are too little and you should AT LEAST USE 4 TABLESPOONS PER DAY WHEN FIRST STARTING OUT

do -NOT- brush within 30 minutes after taking ACV because it will ruin your enamel with your toothbrush rubbing it in.

it's not going to hurt your body, if your throat stings or your stomach gives more than displeasure, dilute it with a cup of water. i just chased it with organic apple juice and i could take it

that is all :) hope i helped some people, this is a large unorganized thread and moojamba hasn't posted lately

Folks

I have been on this for a few months now and in my experience can pretty much back up what Moojamba has said.

I had an average of 3 or 4 new cysts every week and now do not have any at all. Nada. Zilch. My red marks are almost cleared up and would say am starting to feel normal but in this context dont really have any experience of how normal feels.

Here's my all important stats:

- 2 teaspoons morning and night (Have just stuck with this dose). It is important to not miss doses if possible.

- Will wash my face in water if I can be arsed in the morning.

- Eat healthily as per other posts on the site. Started off pretty anal about this but can now eat a pretty wide range of "treats" as well.

Casting my mind back the effect did seem pretty immediate in my experience i.e., got a significant positive reaction in the first couple of weeks.

The Aspall stuff recommends itself as a tonic on the label at one desert spoon a day, a wee bit less than the dose above.

All the best.

Oh, and cheers Moojamba!

manfrommu

Apparently the "Mother" is a key ingredient, found in the unpasteurized and unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegars. They are little blobs of translucent goodness that contain a lot of the health-benefitting ingredients responsible for the reputation of ACV as an all purpose healer.

Personally, I started doing this 5 days ago (taking ACV). I picked up a organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized ACV from my local grocery store (the brand is Spectrum).

I am 23, have mild to moderate acne (maybe 1-3 new cysts a week on my cheeks, and about 2-3 smaller zits scattered somewhere on my face). I have been using the DK regimen since November, and although it definitely tamed my acne, i hated the way it left my skin feeling. Too many chemicals, I think.

I stopped the DK regimen cold turkey after I read this thread about ACV and then did my own research on it. I picked some ACV up and have been taking 2 tablespoons, twice a day, mixed in about 8 ounces of 100% fruit juice. I take it after I eat, usually 30 minutes or so. I haven't had a pimple in the 5 days I've been using it. Now, that might not be a great feat in and of itself, but remember, i completely stopped taking the DK cold turkey. As for topically, all i do is once a day I clean my face with the DK facewash (after I get home from work...in the morning I just wash my face gently in the shower with warm water).

I'm very impressed with ACV so far. I can't remember the last time i went 5 days without a new pimple doing something as little (topically) as only washing my face once a day. I eat very healthy normally, so that isn't new to me. I honestly believe, in what I've seen so far, that this is working for me and that it can work for others. I'm excited to see how well it continues to work, and will update the thread.

Thanks for the recommendation!

just picked up some "Pure" ACV from my grocery store, hope it's the stuff. downed a couple of tablespoons no problem, i had used ACV before but with an unreliable brand. they say scent is the strongest sense tied to memory, opening the ACV reminded me of a lot of good times in University when i was taking it, perhaps that's a good omen that this ACV will help.

Is Aspall Organic Apple Cyder Vinegar that I got from Sainsburys any good? I'm sure it might be mentioned somewhere in the post but I can't be arsed filtering through loads of pages. If anyone knows the shed some light for me please!

Is Aspall Organic Apple Cyder Vinegar that I got from Sainsburys any good? I'm sure it might be mentioned somewhere in the post but I can't be arsed filtering through loads of pages. If anyone knows the shed some light for me please!

i think thats the one moojamba used. so it should be good.

I just wanted to let you know that I just bought some ACV and plan on starting it tonight. I'll keep updating how things are going.

Guys some quick question regarding this regimen:

1) ACV. What are the things do I have to look out for when buying one? I probably won't be able to find the one moojamba mentioned in my area.

2) Face washing. I have VERY OILY skin. Some moderate acne and LOTS of red marks that has been there for 2 years. What do I wash my face with? Just water?

3) Some other things to note?

That's all for now.

I would just assume look for something on the isle where you would find vinegars and such look for a bottle with cyder vinegar written on it preferably organic.

I bought mine from Morrisons today its 'Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar' and has pictures of apples below the writing. it cost me £1.27 for a 500ml bottle 5% acidity

I mean i dunno as far as vinegar goes but if it says Cyder then its going to be made from apples just like the alcoholic drink Cider is made also with apples

OK i think im going to purchase the BRAGGS one....

Anyway, moojamba stated somewhere around page 10 ~ 11 that the amount is actually in TEASPOONS. Tablespoons might be over the top, which COULD probably be the reason why it isn't working for others. Then again, I could be wrong.

Going to start the regimen tonight, minus the dip, and I'll post my results back here after a month use.

Just a quick question i am on Differin gel 0.1% and i have been taking 2 tablespoons of ACV every morning and night now for 3 days it seems to be working somewhat no new breakouts and skin seems clearer.

I am starting to get dry lips though has anyone else experienced this?

ACV is one of nature's gift. It does work!

I love ACV and I've been using it as a topical and just recently I've decided to take it orally as well.

But I suggest getting a glass of cold water, then add 2 tablespoons of ACV into it.

I actually enjoy ACV! hahha I like how it tastes. it's like a nice sour juice drink :) I like sour.

So it's no problem for me.

I hope ACV helps a lot of people. Acne and overall health.

x death to all acne x

Cheers :)

I'm actually adding 2 teaspoons of ACV and 2 teaspoons of honey together. Don't know if it works. Will update on it.

Can't stand the taste of ACV.