Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaurim540

Name the best product you ever bought from CVS

Heyy.. So I thought it would be interesting to read about what everyone thought the best product they ever bought from CVS was. sometimes lookin through the isles i see stuff that looks great.. but im usually too sceptical to buy it. It would be nice to hear what really works for people and why it was good. :D

For me.. the best product i ever bought from CVS has got to be Clean and clear oil strips.

because it really made the difference throughout the day keeping my makeup looking shine free.

ps. (the product doesnt have to be makeup related)

ANY of the Essence of Beauty brushes, especially the blush brush. They are divine! Soooo soft, no residual dye, really high quality stuff - and cheap! :wub:

I dont have a CVS but I do have Walgreens. The best product Ive bought from there is my Neutrogena Fragrance Free Facial Cleanser. Ive been using it on and off for over a year

Are we talking about stuff you can exclusively or only find @ CVS? Hmm :think: Well CVS brand uncoated aspirin is the shit, you get 100 for $.99 and they work fabulously for the aspirin mask (am I the only one who gets some weird fascination by watching aspirin plump up and break down from sprinkling water on them in my hand? :shifty: )

L'Oreal Frost and Design. :P Save beaucoup bucks from having it done in the salon. Takes forever, but it is worth it in the long run.

I only have Walgreens around here... but I might go down to visit my mom tomorrow in the Minneapolis area... and she has a CVS right near her :teehee: I think i'll be buying a bunch of EOB brushes :shifty:

Are we talking about stuff you can exclusively or only find @ CVS? Hmm :think: Well CVS brand uncoated aspirin is the shit, you get 100 for $.99 and they work fabulously for the aspirin mask (am I the only one who gets some weird fascination by watching aspirin plump up and break down from sprinkling water on them in my hand? :shifty: )

Olay Regenrist Serum (Sensitive Skin) and now my new Olay Regenrist Touch of Sun SPF 15 Moisturizer.......

Those combined with my tazorac help keep my skin looking like a 15 year old's (minue any possibly pimples thanks to Accutane)

Really^^?? I keep wanting to try that - the serum, but the ppl on MUA dis the 'cones - meh. I'm worried it'll break me out. Watcha think?

Really^^?? I keep wanting to try that - the serum, but the ppl on MUA dis the 'cones - meh. I'm worried it'll break me out. Watcha think?

Olay Regenrist Serum (Sensitive Skin) and now my new Olay Regenrist Touch of Sun SPF 15 Moisturizer.......

Those combined with my tazorac help keep my skin looking like a 15 year old's (minue any possibly pimples thanks to Accutane)

oy, i luv cvs!

okay first of all Neutrogena oil free mosturizer

Dove cool moisture facial cleanser

cvs brand BP

(there are my regimen supplies when im in america)

and also Almay eyeliner pencil in black pearl

and physician's strength concealer

just a word 4 rite aid: there i found the best cheap sunscreen ever, Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch

purpose cleanser. :)

Thats another cleanser I like but I do find it too drying for me. I have to put on sunscreen afterwards.

Some consumers think silicones are bad beacuse they aren't "natural." However On Earth, silicon (which is part of the backbone of silicones) is the second most abundant element (after oxygen) in the crust....it's 25.7% of the Earth's crust. The backbone of a silicone looks like this (Si-O-Si-O-Si-O-...)....contaning silicon and oxygen......

Siliocnes are pretty inert when it comes to the skin. See they aren't organic (not like USDA organic.....but like o-chem orgainc), so the microflora of the skin (inclusing p. acnes) aren't really interested in chowing down on them.......high molecular weight dimethicones and silicone elastomeres form films over the skin which prevent transepidermal water loss and also smooth over the apperence of acne scars, fine lines and large pores......they are too big to clog pores....they just sit on the surface of the skin making a slightly occlusive film.......lower molecular weight dimethicones provide emmoliency....cyclomethicnes, and very low weight dimethicones are volitle and just evaporate......

Organo-modified silicones like phenyl trimethicone provide smoothness and sheen (this may be in your makeup to give dewy finish and increase playtime).

Silicone polyethers like PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone and other dimethicone copolyols are able to emulsify water inside a silicone medium.....

It's pretty hard to avoid them if you wear liquid makeup....

Someone mentioned Rite Aid, so I just had to ask: is it just me or is Rite Aid kinda pricey sometimes? Or is it just my local one? LOL