Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Med C

Hopefully This Will Be A Conveinience to Many

Recently I have excluded moisturizer from my regimen ... but also BP in a way. I do the regimen at night, washing my face and applying BP. But when I wake up, i just brush my teeth, put on deodorant, get changed and I am ready for the day. And you know what I find? That not using the regimen in the morning has actually helped my skin stay clearer than when I did. I found that using moisturizer just made my skin oily, and actually caused a few breakouts.

What I have ALSO done though is drink a lot more water and rinsed my face ONCE during the day with cold water.

I find that this saves me a lot of time in the morning which I'm sure every one of you will appreciate very much, as I know I have. Give it a try for a bit, I think you'll become attached to this regimen modification.

And also, you save twice as much BP!

Any questions just ask.

I assume you dont have oily skin if you only wash once a day, i am forced to wash twice a day because my face starts to glow with oil about 5 hours after washing my face.

When i was on the regimen, i first started doing what you did, only applying BP at night and not moisturising, then a week later i just stopped it altogether. It was great, my acne cleared up more and more after only using BP at night, then when i stopped it almost disappeared. But if i never used BP in the first place, i probably wouldnt have got better, so i guess using BP only for a certain amount of time helped me, heh. *shrugs shoulders*

Yes, it must depend on how oily your skin is.

When I wake up after using the regimen at night, my skin is not oily at all and is still a bit tough to stretch (not to the point of uncomfort). I find that leaving it like this for say ... 6-8 hours and then rinsing once with cold water, works much to my conveinience in controlling any acne.

Recently I have excluded moisturizer from my regimen ... but also BP in a way.  I do the regimen at night, washing my face and applying BP.  But when I wake up, i just brush my teeth, put on deodorant, get changed and I am ready for the day.  And you know what I find?  That not using the regimen in the morning has actually helped my skin stay clearer than when I did.  I found that using moisturizer just made my skin oily, and actually caused a few breakouts.  

What I have ALSO done though is drink a lot more water and rinsed my face ONCE during the day with cold water.

I find that this saves me a lot of time in the morning which I'm sure every one of you will appreciate very much, as I know I have.  Give it a try for a bit, I think you'll become attached to this regimen modification.

And also, you save twice as much BP!

Any questions just ask.

i completly agree with the original post, similar for me, apart from it didnt clkear me, just reduced my breakouts, im on ro-accutane 2mz i hope!yey

My advice: Wait till something's worked for at least 6 months before sharing it, because many anti-regimen ideas only work temporarily. Sometimes your skin has a residual effect from so much bp and it won't break out, even after you've stopped caring for it for a while.

Also, never, ever stop using moisterizer! Good god. I don't care if you're face is like an oil slick.

Sorry jenaphile, i do not require moistorizer if i use bp liberally! I must have naturally moiste skin. Please keep your mind open to thinsg that you might not have experience, writing off someones opinion can be faily patronising!

PEACE

People who don't use moisterizer are fucking with their skin. It's your choice whether you want to use it or not. Just because you have no tell-tale signs of wrinkles or dryness now doesn't mean you won't in years down the road.