Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NFSteelers

ACouple Accutane Questions

Hey what's up everyone? I hope everyone had a good Christmas (or whatever else you may have celebrated) and New Years!! Well, I have been on accutane for 17-18 days now, and am shocked at the progress I am already making...so many people at work and family are already complimenting at how well my face is looking. I had pretty bad acne before, and had cystic acne on my back, chest and occasionally on my face. I actually have 2 questions for all of you....the first question is...Since I am out of school for the semester at the current moment, I have been taking my accutane with breakfast ranging in times everyday. Since I work in a retail environment, I don't wake up at the same time everyday. Somedays I wake up at 7:30am, other days I might wake up at 11:00am, or the latest I woke up was 4:00pm..(New Year's Day) but anyways, will this affect the way the accutane works at all? And secondly, how fast were most of you seeing some type of results? I am on 40mg everyday, and weigh about 102lbs...with a height of 5'8''...laugh go ahead sad.gif actually my dad's side of the family were very skinny at my age too....but anyways...I was seeing results literally in the first day I took it. My lips began to tingle, and within the 4th or 5th day I was already getting compliments about my face clearing up. I was using my chapstick within the first 3 days...I just find it amazing that it is working so quickly...and if you go to my web site (link below) you can see the difference my face has in just 11 days I think it is...it is just shocking! Anyways thanks for your time, and talk to you later.

Zach

http://www.eze.tripod.com/accutanepic.html

In terms of how fast it works the fastest is usually 2 months and the longest a bit past 6 months or maybe even more. When I say how fast it works I mean by complete clearing. I've been on 40 mg a day weighing 128 pounds for a little past a month now and I'm not clear yet but I've been improving. I wouldn't worry too much about how long it will take until you've been on it for around 5 months and haven't seen major clearing.

About when your taking accutane it's most important to take the pill when it can be best absorbed like dinner, lunch, or breakfast. It seems like you’re taking one 40 mg pill a day so I would just take it at dinner. If you’re taking two 20 mg pills a day then try to spread each pill out by 12 hours and take each one with a meal. You probably already know but I'll remind you anyway, accutane gets absorbed a lot better when taken with food. After eating you should take the pill within 30 minutes to be absorbed better with the food. It would be best to try and spread out your pills evenly like every 12 hours for the 20 mg pills or every 24 hours for the 40 mg pill but the most important thing is that it gets absorbed everyday and a few hours off won't make much difference.

i agree. Are you taking both your pill(s) in the morning? with 2% fat milk?

Otherwise, I'd suggest taking one at night and one at dinner. The time differences shouldn't make a difference. Today i'll be done with my 3rd month. I took 40mg a day for the first 2 months and 60mg a day for the 3rd. I weigh 160 lbs. I started noticing significant results 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I'm not worried about not clearing up, because I am already starting to clear...I am just shocked at how quickly it is working. And I have 1 40mg pill that I usually take with a bowl of cereal, 2% milk, and juice.

I can agree that I see improvement in your pictures. In a few months you should hopefully be clear! I can see in your eyes that you are so sick of it. I know I am.