Notifications
Clear all

Anyone with comedonal acne done Accutane?

MemberMember
(@kellyanne1284)

Posted : 05/31/2007 3:22 pm

Has anyone here with comedonal acne (you know, those stubborn little kinda-like white head things that create tiny bumps all over, but never really break out of the skin or get inflamed)....gone on Accutane? I usually post over there because I am on accutane, but I'm not quite getting the answers I need - they all seem to suffer more with cystic acne. Please lemme know!

MemberMember
(@scoobydoo)

Posted : 05/31/2007 6:00 pm

Has anyone here with comedonal acne (you know, those stubborn little kinda-like white head things that create tiny bumps all over, but never really break out of the skin or get inflamed)....gone on Accutane? I usually post over there because I am on accutane, but I'm not quite getting the answers I need - they all seem to suffer more with cystic acne. Please lemme know!
MemberMember
(@bh-solution)

Posted : 05/31/2007 7:39 pm

My acne was mostly comedonal pre-tane. What are your questions?

MemberMember
(@scoobydoo)

Posted : 05/31/2007 9:13 pm

MemberMember
(@kellyanne1284)

Posted : 06/01/2007 11:22 am

Does accutane get rid of comedonal acne?

MemberMember
(@scoobydoo)

Posted : 06/01/2007 11:25 am

MemberMember
(@kellyanne1284)

Posted : 06/01/2007 11:27 am

YEah, my derm talked about doing some extraction surgery, too. I had it done last year, only to have all of them return within a month. I can't really do it now because I don't want to have to go to work with cuts all over my face and with her schedule, I can't get it done at a time when I'd have a few days to recover. You think I'll be ok without it?

MemberMember
(@xenth)

Posted : 06/01/2007 12:34 pm

IMO you're better of trying some different options first.

Any way you could try Differin (creme)? It's seriously working wonders for me.

MemberMember
(@kiwi006)

Posted : 06/01/2007 1:01 pm

Im starting Accutane next week for the same kind of acne..Id much rather NOT take Accutane..But Ive seriously tried everything over the past 8 years..Hopefully this will take care of it once and for all =/

MemberMember
(@kellyanne1284)

Posted : 06/01/2007 1:09 pm

MemberMember
(@xenth)

Posted : 06/01/2007 1:33 pm

I'm already on accutane. I've already tried all those "other" options...with ABSOLUTELY NO response. Thanks, though.

MemberMember
(@scoobydoo)

Posted : 06/01/2007 3:24 pm

I'm already on accutane. I've already tried all those "other" options...with ABSOLUTELY NO response. Thanks, though.

MemberMember
(@kellyanne1284)

Posted : 06/01/2007 3:55 pm

When my derm did what she called "extraction surgery" last year, she used a sharp knife-like tool to cut tiny slits in the skin above the comedones and then used another tool to kind of pull them out. I had little scabby slits all over my face for days.

MemberMember
(@scoobydoo)

Posted : 06/01/2007 4:43 pm

When my derm did what she called "extraction surgery" last year, she used a sharp knife-like tool to cut tiny slits in the skin above the comedones and then used another tool to kind of pull them out. I had little scabby slits all over my face for days.
MemberMember
(@gunther)

Posted : 06/01/2007 7:21 pm

If you're using accutane then you should see positive results..I had a friend who had cystic and he was on accutane..right now he's completely clear..it's amazing what a small pill can do

MemberMember
(@murfirhea)

Posted : 06/01/2007 9:53 pm

Ouch!

The esthetician does use an extraction tool, and it isn't always comfotable, but it doesn't sound at all like you describe.

She would also use products on my skin to promote healing. My face felt great afterward, not worse.

MemberMember
(@bh-solution)

Posted : 06/02/2007 11:52 am

What were the side effects you experienced on accutane?

MemberMember
(@elizabethmargot)

Posted : 06/12/2007 7:10 pm

It did for me, along with milia.

I'm almost 4 months post tane, and I am completely clear.

Good luck on your course!

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 02/07/2013 9:17 pm

QUOTE(ScoobyDoo @ Jun 1 2007, 11:25 AM) 1885992[/snapback]

QUOTE(KellyAnne1284 @ Jun 1 2007, 09:22 AM) 1885983[/snapback]

QUOTE(ScoobyDoo @ May 31 2007, 10:13 PM) 1885174[/snapback]

QUOTE(BH-Solution @ May 31 2007, 05:39 PM) 1885054[/snapback]

QUOTE(ScoobyDoo @ May 31 2007, 07:00 PM) 1884898[/snapback]

QUOTE(KellyAnne1284 @ May 31 2007, 01:22 PM) 1884628[/snapback]

It did for me, along with milia.

I'm almost 4 months post tane, and I am completely clear.

Good luck on your course!

That was pretty much my question, too. I'm over 1.5 months in on 80mg a day and my cysts and what not have gone away, but these comedone things won't budge still. Do you remember how long it took for you? Did they ooze out or did they just vanish?

Just vanished. I didn't experience the skin purging that people describe.

I also had monthly facials performed by the esthetician in my derm's office ("acne surgery" is covered by my insurance). She would do extractions. I really think that they helped me clear faster.

I was completely clear by the 3rd month on my course.

Scooby - okay, so I'm trying to figure out what I have and if they're like yours and Kelly's - tiny little bumps under the skin, sometimes that can't even be felt, but that show up in the right light as shiny little bumps - if I squeeze them (bad idea usually), what comes out is stringy white stuff - NOT hard seeds like people say with milia, but stringy. Is this what you had, and did accutane really clear them up? How fast?

Elizabeth- I have comedones which I first thought was milia but mine have stringy pus come out of them when I squeeze them too and I now found out that they are comedones.

Also I'm on my 20th day of Accutane and have seen no improvement in my comedones and I hope I do soon! My face is a unevenly textured mess!