Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whywhywhy

Help, please, help me.

Oh lord, let me see, how can I begin...

I've had acne since I was fifteen or so, i'm sixteen now, going onto seventeen. I have light acne, that both my brother and sister had, and I think my parents. It went away on them, but I'm not sure when. I am currently on Dan's regimen, and it was working perfectly. I was practically clear twice. But I seem to break out after that. Now, I have no idea why that happened.

I get dry skin from the BP, because I think I didn't start off right, scaling the dosage gradually up. Before, it was not that bad, but today, I can see new zits forming, zits I already have (Not so many), and my skin is dry- it looks bad.

Now, I need help on a few questions

1. Could I be using too much BP? (I was using 3 fingers for a while, because I thought that's what it said, then I found out it was two)

2. Could the dryness be making the acne reappear?

3. Is there are serious major difference that can occur when elimating some things from my diet?

4. About when does teenage acne usual fade?

5. Is there any other things that might be making my acne reappear?

Ok, can you also suggest a good moisturizer, and tell me how to use it, (how soon after applying BP)

Also, can you suggest a good cleanser, without any other acne fighting stuff in it?

Thank you for your trouble. Help would be greatly, greatly, appreciated!

listen man.. I know what your going through.. Heres my advice:

-slow down on the cleansing and the drying

-you dont want to strip your skin of natural oils

-over-drying your face only leads to more zits

I would recommend to only use the BP and a good moisturizer at night.. use just a little moisturizer

Cleanse in the morning.. but only very very gently.. I would say a good bottled cleanser would be good.. preferabley an all natural one.. go on www.drugstore.com to find a good one and make sure it says "non-comedogenic"..

People might say to not lower your BP dosage.. but these are the people with heavy and sever acne.. you are just like me with light acne.. so I would say BP once..

P.S - If you have regularly dry skin (not oily).. I would suggest factoring out BP all together.. but thats just My opinnion..

Good Luck.. and Stay Strong

1. Could I be using too much BP? (I was using 3 fingers for a while, because I thought that's what it said, then I found out it was two)

2. Could the dryness be making the acne reappear?

3. Is there are serious major difference that can occur when elimating some things from my diet? 

4. About when does teenage acne usual fade? 

5. Is there any other things that might be making my acne reappear?

1. up your dosage OH SO SLOWLY. You are likely using too much at this point. Scale back and very very gradually add more. Stick to twice a day.

2. Perhaps

3. Not in my opinion

4. Depends completely on the person. Best way to know is to ask your parents and grandparents when their acne subsided.

5. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking