Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Animal

Weird effect of the regime!

After using the regime (both morning and night) for about 3 days my face is incredibly dry and incredibly tight. I can bairly move my mouth or make any expressions and my face has gone really red.

But...i usually get cystic acne along my jawline really bad, lots of active cysts at a time, since using the regime (i've been off it 3 days while my face recovers) i havn't had a single cyst and all the old ones have gone. I have had a few tiny whitehead (which i never usually get).

I HAVE to come off the regime for a while, my face is just too dry, but i wondered if anyone else has had the effect of the regime changing the type of acne they get, even if only temporarily. 8-[

After using the regime (both morning and night) for about 3 days my face is incredibly dry and incredibly tight. I can bairly move my mouth or make any expressions and my face has gone really red.

But...i usually get cystic acne along my jawline really bad, lots of active cysts at a time, since using the regime (i've been off it 3 days while my face recovers) i havn't had a single cyst and all the old ones have gone. I have had a few tiny whitehead (which i never usually get).

I HAVE to come off the regime for a while, my face is just too dry, but i wondered if anyone else has had the effect of the regime changing the type of acne they get, even if only temporarily. 8-[

funny, isn't it? so many people say they go from pimples to whiteheads using the regimen. this is my case, too. it's better than pimples, but still sucks

animal - you should really stay on it longer than three days. The dryness will eventually subside. What kind of moisturizer have you been using? I've been on the regimen for over a year now and my face has stayed clear... Anyway you should try this moisturizer: Eucerine Q-10 anti wrinkle. It works really well with the regimen. Stick to it man!! biggrin.gif

I was using this clean and clear dual action moisturiser, i thought it would be good coming from a company that produces products specifically to combat acne. Maybe it's not so good #-o

Animal,

BHA and BP almost always overdry. Your moisturiser has sa in it [-( (see below) Check your cleanser as well...remember it should have no actives

Clean & Clear

Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer

4 fl oz (120 ml)

Active Ingredients: Contains: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) (Acne medication)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Dicetyl phosphate, Ceteth-10-Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthyl Lactate, Steareth-20, Steareth-2, Fragrance, Xantham Gum, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, BHT