Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cl1986

how is everyone progressing with accutane?...

title says it all really.

tell us all how its going.

how far into the course are you?

what dosage are you on?

how is your skin looking?

are you you happy with the progress so far?... etc etc..

:]

for me im only into my 4th day so far on 20mg per day.

small dosage to start off with but hopefully that will be increased at the end of the month.

im having a slight breakout which im not to please with because i have a big event i have to go to next week so i kinda started accutane at the wrong time really.

i guess i cant really answer whether im happy with the progress just yet with it being so early into the course,

BUT i do feel a mit more confident know that im on the drug after all this time and that things can only get better.... (hopefully).

I'm on 60mg a day and on in my 7th week.

So far..I had a break out when i started (on 30mg a day for a month) and that cleared in a week. So..I was optimistic that things were already getting better. At my next appointment they upped my dose to 60mg. I had another outbreak... :( this upset me a fair but. I've had no new cysts in about 3 weeks but i have a mass of horrible purple bumps. These havn't changed.

As far as being happy goes, it changes for me. If ive just moisturised everything flares up, I get upset and think its never going to work. If im in a good mood I can tell theres been improvements. So yes.it really depends on my mood.

And as for my mood..its everywhere. I'll feel down but not in the way I used to. For instance if i disliked something about myself i'd feel horrible and ugly..and i wuldnt go out etc..but now..I feel down.and dont leave bed. I just have little desire to do anything. Its more of a hopeless feeling than anything else.

Also.. I'm sleeping for about 12 hours every night...and I have a nap before dinner. This is not me!!

Yes..my conclusion is.. accutane is very difficult. But I'm determined to see it through.

I started in december 06 at 40mg a day and still on the same dose. I'm 104 pounds. My course has had ups and downs from the start. I have dry skin and joint pains at times. What i find difficult is how tired i feel and how i can't focus much on anything... but my skin looks great. It differs from one day to the next but i love it. I feel pretty for the first time in a long long time. I am happy

Also.. I'm sleeping for about 12 hours every night...and I have a nap before dinner. This is not me!!

Yes..my conclusion is.. accutane is very difficult. But I'm determined to see it through.

I'm on my 5th week of accutane. I started off on 40mg and just got bumped up to 60mg last week. My skin right now...looks how it did when i first started. My acne wasn't TOO bad just a lot of redmarks from past stuff with a few occasional cysts every month. The 3rd week i my skin seemed to be clearing up but last week i just got two HUGE cysts under each of my eyes which was a bit discouraging and so painful, but they're starting to go down very quickly which is nice. I'm hoping by the end of this month to start seeing some clearing up. Its really different for everyone, its always said on here, you may get a breakout when you first start, you may not, you may get one right at the end of your treatment(which is a bit unlikely. Just expect anything, but your skin will definetley improve, thats a fact. Just keep your head up. hope that helps

I started in december 06 at 40mg a day and still on the same dose. I'm 104 pounds. My course has had ups and downs from the start. I have dry skin and joint pains at times. What i find difficult is how tired i feel and how i can't focus much on anything... but my skin looks great. It differs from one day to the next but i love it. I feel pretty for the first time in a long long time. I am happy

what dosage are you on?

small dosage to start off with but hopefully that will be increased at the end of the month.

im having a slight breakout which im not to please with because i have a big event i have to go to next week so i kinda started accutane at the wrong time really.

i guess i cant really answer whether im happy with the progress just yet with it being so early into the course,

BUT i do feel a mit more confident know that im on the drug after all this time and that things can only get better.... (hopefully).

what dosage are you on?

Does the tiredness ever lessen? Ive been on it a month, and I feel pretty sluggish alot unless I get a really good sleep... people have said the results are good but I felt like a zombie when I saw the derm.

I'm 29 days in @ 30 mg/day.... and every time I see someone who I haven't seen for awhile.... they comment & tell me that my face looks a lot better. I was completely honest with everyone at work, and told them that I was going on it. I hid nothing, except from my father :-p I just told him that I was on some other medication.....but everyone last week said that it was a lot smoother, and my mom commented last night that its less red--esp. considering that I had to spend almost 2 hours out in the sun.

But I'm really happy with the progress.

Though I'm completely TIRED!!! no matter how much coffee or adrenaline rush I've got... 10 or 11 is my cut-off...:( I used to be up til like 1 or 2 in the morning.... esp. with a LOT of coffee...3...and still not tired.... I drink more coffee now than ever in an effort to stay up.

But I wake up early...thats no problem for me, as it used to before... :/ hmmm

I'm a month post tane and I'm doing crap. My skin is greasy and I have just as much acne if not more now than I did when I started accutane. Complete waste of time.

Finished yesterday 5 monthes @ 80mg, not clear, a lot better but still red marks, and some active acne and my right eye is bright red from contact lens :-(

lol

I finished my 5 month course a couple days ago (2 months @ 40 mg, 3 @ 80 mg). I have absolutely no active pimples and I couldn't be more grateful. The side effects were pretty mild, but it's such a relief to finally be off of it and just not worry. Now all there is to do is wait for my skin to become less dry and sensitive. It's weird, it seems like everyone is finishing around this time. It's like school graduation or something.

Does the tiredness ever lessen? Ive been on it a month, and I feel pretty sluggish alot unless I get a really good sleep... people have said the results are good but I felt like a zombie when I saw the derm.

I'm on day 51 of my course, at 40 mg twice a day. Right now I only have one pimple thats really bugging me, but it's drying out, and a few deep ones that are on my jawline and neck but I'm ignoring them! Other than that, I have some redness and blotchiness going on. When I first started, I think 80mg a day was a lot for my body (I'm between 105-110 lbs) so immediately my face dried up and peeled, turned red... my lips dried up and were cracking - people thought I had a bad sunburn :( It was pretty awful. My pimples seemed to shrink though, I guess from the dryness. Then my face started to get more oil production and it's almost back to normal now. I went against my derms orders to not moisturize. She said I didn't need it, but I soooo did! I moisturize really well before bed, and then dab a thin layer on in the morning before my makeup. Before accutane I was a pretty oily person, and had to wash my hair every morning or it would be totally greasy, but now a couple times a week is enough. I love it.

I'm wondering if this drug is changing my behavior. I am a pretty moody person anyway, but lately I've been angry and sad - overly emotional in general.

I'm wondering if this drug is changing my behavior. I am a pretty moody person anyway, but lately I've been angry and sad - overly emotional in general.

Last month of my course.

Varied dosage, currently 30mg a day.

Skin has got progressivly worse.

These days I'm either depressed or sleeping. Not happy. Rarely leave my bedroom.

Fuck accutane to be honest..

Last month of my course.

Varied dosage, currently 30mg a day.

Skin has got progressivly worse.

These days I'm either depressed or sleeping. Not happy. Rarely leave my bedroom.

Fuck accutane to be honest..

im on my fourth week almost a mounth and i still have acne :( its clearing up from when i had a mi initial breakout wich was thw worse i ever had acne b4 not because of how many i had, around 12 but they were bigggg :(, but glad to see im clearing up, i virtually have none on my back n chest now, thats really good i can go hottubing now :D

6th week.

Started with 60MG each day but had to take 40mg the 5th week since i didnt have enough pills. :P

I saw my derm today, he said my blood and urine test was ok. I dont have to take anymore tests, maybe at the end. Also bought 7 boxes of accutane = 700pills, would cost

me 4000kr(400$? IDK) but we got this card that someone recomended we should buy so we payed around 30$ for 7 boxes.

next will be free until there is a new season.

im not sure how long i will be on it.

I had severe acne. now just ALOT of redmarks maybe 85% and accutane makes it look worse ^^

my back and chest was insanly severe and now 95% clear with alot of scars.

I'm a little over 15 days into month 2, 80mg a day. I feel wonderful. I have no active pimples right now except for the comedonal ones that have always just been there - I'm waiting for them to vanish. Minimal side effects, no complaints, really.