Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DckSteel

Better than accutane

how old are you? to develope your beard fully you need to shave your entire face and for alot of guys it will take up to age 23 or 24 for it to FULLY grow in. you may not notice it but you have tiny fine hairs all over your face especially in the beard area. Once you shave them, they will grow back thicker and fuller, the more you shave the more thicker and fuller your beard will get. The cloxacillin will definately help you and will get rid of the bumps in your chin mouth area. However, if it is not that severe, using clindamycin 4% in 95% water 5% alcohol solution will get rid of it too. I suggest you try the clind lotion first and if after 2-3 weeks you have no results and the bumps are still presistant or have not faded away , then use the clox. the clox should be used for more moderate - severe cases. clind is good for mild-moderate.

I'm 19, like I said and yeh I have noticed the hairs, the lotion does sound the best option. I'm going to have to pick some up :)

Cheers for the advice, this thread was very helpful.

i think what we are talking about is Dicloxacillin or Flucloxacillin???

anyway, i've had the latter before for serious skin infections. i'm not sure it would be allowed or advisable to take it long term though.

anyway i'll ask a dermatologist next week and see what they have to say.

tim

So, here's my take on the cloxacillin.

My derm said it was "just another antibiotic that works on the skin" and listed off some other familiar antibiotics that do the same.

*moderator edit*

Well I've been taking 4 pills a day (total of 2000mg) for over 2 weeks now, and it hasn't really improved my skin at all. Although I must say it hasn't gotten worse either. Still, this isn't the answer.

Keep in mind though--I have conglobata. No antibiotic is going to cure that. I was hopeful for a little while though. Oh well.

Now if you have mild acne, well, I'm sure the clox will work just as good as any other antibiotic that derms prescribe.

So, here's my take on the cloxacillin.

My derm said it was "just another antibiotic that works on the skin" and listed off some other familiar antibiotics that do the same.

*moderator edit*

Well I've been taking 4 pills a day (total of 2000mg) for over 2 weeks now, and it hasn't really improved my skin at all. Although I must say it hasn't gotten worse either. Still, this isn't the answer.

Keep in mind though--I have conglobata. No antibiotic is going to cure that. I was hopeful for a little while though. Oh well.

Now if you have mild acne, well, I'm sure the clox will work just as good as any other antibiotic that derms prescribe.

conglobata is a bitch and def not staph bacteria related so no it wont work on that. i strongly suggest users who are curious to try the clox to first get a culture test done , once u find out what kind of bacteria it is u can use the appropriate meds for it.

hi all.

I had a blood test done today as i may be starting Accutane next Monday, depending on the results of the blood test.

I've tried loads of stuff in the past, prob all the creams that are out there and iv been on Tetralysal 300 twice and once on Dalacin C antibiotics. The antibiotics never really did much to help my acne

Anyways, i was thinking whether it would be worth to give this thing a go before i go on Tane. My acne is kinda strange though as i dont get much pimples, just a lot of acne which remains under the skin for ages like a lot of small red pimples compressed together but without having much of a head. In fact i never really saw many pics of ppl that have the same kind of skin problem like me.

Could it be that my prob isnt acne after all but that another condition?

Maybe thats why all the stuff never did much at all in the past :/

My skin is quite oily.

Any thoughts, i'm open to all suggestions

i Do think its folliculitis and not acne. you seem to have the same symptoms of folliculitis. if u really wanna make sure get a culture test done to find out what kind of bacteria it is. if its staph - its folliculitis.

DckSteel how do you know so many things about acne and dermatologics man? are you making some studies?

Hey DckSteel, I talked to you awhile ago and ordered the diclox from a website *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. * . I haven't recieved it yet, it took the site 3 weeks to send me an email telling me it finally shipped. I have a few questions, first of all I'm a 32 yr old male who has never in my life had any kind of acne, in fact my skin was always perfect. It all started about 9 months ago and my derms have been treating me for acne, and it's all gotten worse. How does someone who always had perfect skin suddenly develop acne or folliculitis?? My "acne" is mostly around my bearded area but not several little bumps, just one large one and they always leave behind scars/marks, why is this?? also recently Im getting little red bumps/acne along my forehead hairline and scalp, is this all related?? And finally im starting to get little bumps on my forehead and around my eyebrows, I'm just so fucking confused and frustrated about how this could all of a sudden happen to a 32 yr old who always had perfect skin. Can anyone help me???????

DckSteel how do you know so many things about acne and dermatologics man? are you making some studies?

ive done ALOT of research and testing and talked to alot of people over the years.

Hey DckSteel, I talked to you awhile ago and ordered the diclox from a website *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *. I haven't recieved it yet, it took the site 3 weeks to send me an email telling me it finally shipped. I have a few questions, first of all I'm a 32 yr old male who has never in my life had any kind of acne, in fact my skin was always perfect. It all started about 9 months ago and my derms have been treating me for acne, and it's all gotten worse. How does someone who always had perfect skin suddenly develop acne or folliculitis?? My "acne" is mostly around my bearded area but not several little bumps, just one large one and they always leave behind scars/marks, why is this?? also recently Im getting little red bumps/acne along my forehead hairline and scalp, is this all related?? And finally im starting to get little bumps on my forehead and around my eyebrows, I'm just so fucking confused and frustrated about how this could all of a sudden happen to a 32 yr old who always had perfect skin. Can anyone help me???????

Your skin problem could have been created by a few different ways. 1- it could be from a steroid type medicine. 2- it could be a problem with too much testosterone being converted into DHT. 3- you could have caught staph bacteria from using the hot tub or public swimming pool or dirty towel. 4- you could have got staph bacteria from a recent bacterial sickness like strep throat. I definatley think since you had clear skin all your life that something definately triggered your outbreak. Your skin is now occupied with bacteria. You need to eliminate the bacteria from the skin. My guess is that its staph bacteria and that if its moderate-severe you should go on the clox (just make sure u are not allergic to penacillin) once you clear with the clox use clindamycin lotion as maintainence. OR if its mild-moderate simply use the clind lotion. Remember, I am assuming this is staph bacteria, but to make sure ask your doc to do a culture test to find out what kind of bacteria it truly is.

...Can I still use this medication? I am not on steroids....and is 250 mg/day safe?

500mg 4 times a day on empty stomach

Hi

I'm new to this forum and interested in cloxacillin sodium myself, I've had moderate acne for 16 years, previously I've tried some antibiotics many years ago, lately I've tried the natural approach with organ cleansing, but even after 2 years of organ cleansing I havn't had any success. I'm taking acnezine at the moment, to be honest dont even know why I wasted my money on it, but I read alot about it and thought hey I could give it ago, only been taking it for 4 days and dont see any improvement, but I know thats not long enough and I got it cheap so I'm not too unhappy with myself for buying it. I havn't spent any money on products for 2 years, cleansing is cheap so I dont mind buying the stuff to do it. I only use BP at night, the rest of the time I dont use anything on my skin. Should I go and ask my doctor who I havn't seen in years now for a culture test and ask him about cloxacillin??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Daga.

Miracle drug?

Better than accutane?

Er.... right...

young man, dont judge before you try...

this stuff works,. if you dont believe just try it yourself and see!

well im gonna give this a go only doing 1000mg a day tho. 1 at breaky 1 at lunch and 2 at dinner. im also on minocyline if it interacts badly at all ill stop the peniclin straight away.

Cloxacillin would work to some degree on staphylococcus bacteria, but from my understanding acne is primarily caused by Propionibacterium acnes bacteria which is in a completely different family. In the long run antibiotics are not going to help you, especially if your acne is the result of overactive sebaceous glands.

I had really bad acne and most doctors prescribed me Minomycin and Doxycycline. It took more than a month to note some kind of improvement but it was clearly not enough. I really don't see how Cloxacillin would clear you up in just a few days unless you were overdosing (which would lead to liver complications). Roaccutane was pretty much a saviour when it came to my fight with acne.

I really don't understand why people hate Roaccutane so much! Its reputation might be different in the US but here in Australia they sell like hotcakes (all the chemists are sold out). If people are so scared about depression and suicidal thoughts caused by Roaccutane then maybe you should take a look at what your antibiotic is doing to you.

I came across something quite alarming while checking up cloxacillin. Minomycin crosses the blood-brain barrier and so may cause headaches (reason why I stopped taking it). Doctors gave me Doxycycline which from what I've read has been linked to mania, depression and suicidal thoughts (there are forums on medications.com on users who have reported episodes of mania and depression while on the drug).

Really annoys me when I read people come out with the same stuff as the original poster has. Actually, I say "stuff", but I really mean to say "shit".

I don't mean to come across all moody, but this type of nonsense is dangerous and factually untrue, and a load of b******s if you ask me.

i've tried Cloxacillin... didn't do shit.

think i may have even posted in this thread a few years back when i took it.

Re my post from April I have had clear skin now for about 2 1/2 months. stopped taking the Dicloxacillin Sodium about 1 1/2 months ago. I slowy came down onto a one tab a day after taking 3 a day for the first month or so.

I have been drinking all kinds of crap (coke,vodka,burbon,redbul,rockstar ect ect) i woudnt touch cus i would break out and nothing at all has come up. so atm im not taking anything and im pritty much clear about 95%. proby wouldnt have any if i cleaned up my diet again.

i'm actually taking flucloxacillin again

not for acne though, i had an operation and the wound got infected. :(

I know this is an old thread, but I have just been prescribed Flucloxacillin for some stubborn recurring cysts that I have, so I thought I would revive this to add my experience with it, so that it may help anyone who is considering this drug.

I have previously tried tetracycline, and other antibiotics and prescription topicals with no change in the condition of my skin. I recently started a holistic regime to try detect any food intolerances or nutritional deficiences that may be causing my skin to flare, but I just can't cope with the pain of the cysts any longer, hence my trip to the doctor. I also think that they may be infected, and I doubt a change in diet, no matter how healthy will touch that. I will be continuing with my diet and supplement plan though as it has aleviated my insomnia, which, coincidentally, I have had as long as the cystic break-outs.

The kind of spots I get are just purely cystic, large, concentrated only on my jaw and cheeks, except right between my eyebrows where I have had a cyst twice (I have some fine hair on my cheeks and jaw btw -- not sure if there is a connection there or not), they can appear to join up into a kind of inflamed, swollen mass that rarely comes to a head, if they do rupture they tend to weep for days from one or two little holes in my skin, and take their fine time healing. I am almost always left with hole-type scars from these break-outs.

My forehead, nose, and the rest of my body is always clear -- touch wood.

So anyway, the doctor has given me 500 mg of the Flucloxacillin, to take 4 times per day on an empty stomach for one week. He says if there is no improvement in the cysts in that time he will refer me onto the dermatologist who he suspects will suggest Accutane, as all other avenues have been exhausted over the last 7 years.

I will update with my progress over the week's course.

Edited by Ihavenoface

hey u mentioned you can buy this stuff online?? Do you know from where?

thanks man...i think ur pretty awesome and supportive of everyone!

m.w.

dcksteel---you mentioned earlier that you could buy Cloxacillin online without a prescription. Do you recall which websites i can buy this stuff??

Hey guys Im new here but im so glad i found this message board!!!

I took 2 series of accutane 4 years ago and it cleared up my acne pretty well... but not forever nor not completely. Just recently I am getting huge cyst like nodes and I can see a tiny little hair coming out of the red colored cysts. i wonder if i have had follicitius all along?? I do have very thick asian hair.

ANYWAYS, i am for sure going to try this out, however, can someone please explain the difference between Cloxacillin and diaxciliin?? is the diaxcillin stronger, thus more effective??

thanks everyone especially u dcksteel for sharing your wonderful experience...congrats to you and all others who have benefit from this treatment