Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
souvenir

Do you feel that acne has effected your relationships?

I feel that because I had such bad acne in my teenage years, still with me but not as bad, that I was a loner. I didn't kiss or date a girl until I was 20 and, because of my acne, I didn't want her to see me in the middle of a breakout and she dumped me because I was screwing her around too much and avoiding her.

I often wonder what life would have been like for me if I had better skin. Perhaps it's a case of looking back on things with my knowledge now and I probably would have done things differently.

I used to spend a lot of my time walking around with my head down, and I always felt that people were looking at me. I used to be terrified of having conversations with people for a fear that they might pass a remark on the state of my skin, I still get like this today.

Anyone else had or is having similiar experiences?

how about this

if u had clear skin, u would have got lower grades in school, got a lower paying job, alot more shallow and judgemental. u laughed at someone with bad acne, and she committed suicide. and u got laid by so many girls u got aids

how does that sound?

how about this

if u had clear skin, u would have got lower grades in school, got a lower paying job, alot more shallow and judgemental.  u laughed at someone with bad acne, and she committed suicide. and u got laid by so many girls u got aids

how does that sound?

yes it affected my relationships, I don't socialize a lot, don't go to the pool during summer, avoid daylight, I'm a vampire!

acne has affected really badly

sometimes i want to stay away from people and other times i feel like i look like a freak. other ppl says i look fine, but i dont' see it that way..

i'm still trying to deal with it