Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christa

It's so hard not to pop zits! What now?

No matter how much I try to resist and tell myself I'll make things worse I always end up popping the zit! #-o Now the tiny little bump (maybe the size of the tip of a pencil) is now very red and the area around it is extremely red. Why do I always turn the little mole hill into a mountain?!?!? No lectures please I know how terrible it is to pop a zit. What I need to know is will this heal before Monday. It wasn't a big pussy zit. It ws tiny and I scratched it. How long should a smallish zit take to heal after it's been popped. Also will anything speed this process up. (I don't think that BP can do too much for this now.) Thanx

Chop off your hands and dunk your head in a thing of ice water. The zit will be less huge.

Well I avoided the chopping of my hands but I did try ice and it brought the swelling down. Thanx. Yet it still needs to heal. Anybody know roughly how long this should take?

It won't be completely gone by monday but it should be flat and the redness isolated to the actual lesion.

Hey, Animal,

I just have to say something about your signature. biggrin.gif It's really cool. Recently I've seen a little bit different version of it. It starts the regular way, but the last person walking is the fat guy with a bottle of soda in his hand. What is it, 30% of Americans are overweight? Crazy. :-k

Christa,

You said no lecturing, but I just want to give you my support. Not picking is a great challenge for me. If you completely can't control your picking than you have a problem just like I and many other people do. Overpicking is related to disorders like extreme nail biting, pulling out your hair and other OCD stuff. If you're overwhelmed, don't be afraid to ask for help. smile.gif