Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mgs2Raiden

Anyone have my skin type? Please help (pic inside)

Everyones skin is different and also the reason for the breakouts is different. The only way you will know if the regimen will work for you is to try it.

Can you recommend a good bp product and exfoliation? Also I dont think I should be mositurizing since my skin is already oily enough

i had something similar to tht on my forehead.

wash, apply BP, exfoliate and moisturise......should clear tht for you...well it worked for me!

I'd recommend u Dan Kern's BP. I've never tried any other BP product, because Dan's BP wokrs perfect for me.

what about for exfoliation?

I'd recommend u Dan Kern's BP. I've never tried any other BP product, because Dan's BP wokrs perfect for me.

I had similar things on my forehead. DON'T PICK AT THEM OR TRY TO POP THEM! it will serioulsy make it worse. When i went to the derm for it she said that my pores were just really clogged. Use a face wash with glycolic acid in it because it gets deep into your pores...and BP once or twise a day. That should clear it up. Make sure to use a good moisturizer tho. If your going for perscription try benzaclin and tazorac. :D

I had benzaclin and he told me to only put it on pimples, not the whole forehead. ALso I dont want any moisturizers cause it will make my skin oily. My skin is already oily enough. What bp Can I buy in canada that is a good a brand? I use cetaphil oily skin cleanser

I had similar things on my forehead. DON'T PICK AT THEM OR TRY TO POP THEM! it will serioulsy make it worse. When i went to the derm for it she said that my pores were just really clogged. Use a face wash with glycolic acid in it because it gets deep into your pores...and BP once or twise a day. That should clear it up. Make sure to use a good moisturizer tho. If your going for perscription try benzaclin and tazorac. :D

i don't think bp will help you out. they're clogged pores and from the picture, it seems that you don't have much or any inflammatory acne. therefore, the bp will just make it worse, drying it up and irritating your skin.

i'm the same as you. i get major clogged pores but no inflammatory acne.

i would suggesst salicylic acid or any other acid that will work for you b/c it gets into your pores. bp, through my experience and advice from others, will do more harm than good for this type of acne.

try paula's choice. cosmeticcop.com

i don't think bp will help you out. they're clogged pores and from the picture, it seems that you don't have much or any inflammatory acne. therefore, the bp will just make it worse, drying it up and irritating your skin.

i would suggesst salicylic acid or any other acid that will work for you b/c it gets into your pores. bp, through my experience and advice from others, will do more harm than good for this type of acne.

Can you guys recommned a brand name? where to buy

I second that. SA is awesome for closed comedones like that. BP is better for inflammatory acne.

You can use the AHA Gel or the BHA Gel/Liquid/Lotion. If you chose the BHA go straight for the 2%. Dont bother with the 1%. I use the BHA lotion and I love it. Its so light and absorbs quickly.

By the way, moisturizing has nothing to do with how much oil your skin produces. I had very oily skin before starting the DKR and I use a moisturizer religiously now. I no longer have oily skin at all. Lorrie

Hi there! It does appear that you mainly have closed comedones, or clogged pores. It is hard to see if they are whiteheads or not due to the blurriness of the picture.

Most people will recommend Paula's Choice 2% BHA (Salicylic Acid) lotion, gel, or liquid. I have really oily skin so I ordered the liquid. I hope it arrives soon!

I also exfoliate with a baby's hair brush (search for NdnRomeo's post about the baby hair brush method) and that alone has greatly improved the texture and tone of my skin. It helps unclog those pores and helps the preparations sink into the skin better too.