Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok i waxed my chin lol there was just a bit of hair pissing me off, and now i got like 6 red pimples where i did it!!!!! They came like a few hrs after i did it. Theyre pretty small but i dunno what to do, should i treat them like acne? Or leave them alone cuz it's just irritation?? Pease help me out! Thanks!

Ah! That happened to me too, between my eyebrows, and it was HORRIBLE! It's actually what led me to this site, so I guess it wasn't all bad. Basically I smothered them with BP. Most of them went away, except one that turned into a gigantic whitehead between my eyebrows. ](*,) Next time I definitely plan on washing the wax off right away... as soon as I work up the courage to go back. Most people worry about the pain in waxing... I worry about the breakout. Haha. Good luck!

yea my red bumps turn into whiteheads its awful, and the problem is that they last like 2 or 3 weeks.

i always wash the wax off right away, maybe i will try putting BP on the them but seems like it would make it worse

When you go to get your eyebrows waxed and ur using bp or sa make sure you tell the person waxing them. That way they use a sensitive wax. And afterwards they can put a gel or something that'll help so you won't breakout. Another piece of advice, try not to put anything on your face a couple days before and after you get them waxed. This will make them less irritated. And avoid the sun during this time. If your using prescreption medication you should ask ur derm if you should even wax. Sometimes it is not good for your skin. Then you should maybe consider plucking.