Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chana

How long does it take for marks to completely fade away?

Hi im new and have just got clear from acne but the thing is ive still got a few marks left from the acne which just cleared. I dont really want to spend any money on any products as theres no point of wasting money on just a few marks so im willing to just wait for it to go over time. Im just wondering does anyone know how long it would take for these marks to completely fade away. Thanks

Never? mines been there for 2 years + and they dont seems to fade abit... when i think its fade. Next morning i wake up and they are the same! grrr....

some of mine go away in under a month... some of mine have been here since august :/

I've heard that they last much longer on darker skin types. I'm asian, and mine def don't go away after 6 months

chana: I have heard some people say that it has taken a year or so for the marks to go away. Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing how long it will take for your skin to heal completely; everyone is different.

Wow tai 2 years?! Do you know why thats happened to you coz dont all marks just fade away over time?

tell you what , i am asian , too . after the use of 25% TCA and 100% TCA , i was left with pink scars / white scars. the treated area was healed by scar tissue instead of normal tissue. Some of my other pigmentations are due to the use of accutane. I am thinking if needling will give me permanent red marks , too . Thank you

the majority of areas treated with 25 % TCA/ 100 % TCA end up with the formation of scar tissue just like trauma scars. Anyone expeirence that ,too? If you look at yourself in the mirror up close u will see the healed area is shiny which is believed to be scar tissue.

I agree. Being asian & having acne marks sucks. I don't have any significant indents on my face from acne. Only red marks that have been there for years. They are slowly fading with all these peels but don't know how many more years it will take sad.gif

is scar tissue on your face there for life? Anyone know?