Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just wondering if anyone here had been prescribed accutane and steriods at the same time. I saw my derm this morning and she asked how my first month went i told her about my IB effect. and she said she wanted to give me some steriods to make sure i didn't have another bad reaction she said it was ok to have everything come out but she didn't want it to come out so much that it would leave scars which i agree with. but i'm on 5 mg of steriods for the first week of my new 60mg of accutane. She also said i needed to watch my weight cuz if i kept losing it we would have to keep me on a low dosage of accutane. I'm really happy she's doing her job but i'm just wondering what some other peoples experiences were.

Also can you do a regimen and accutane at the same time... like i thought cleansing and moisturizing was enough with accutane. I guess what i'm trying to ask is should i be trying to heal my active acne like i use to or just make sure it's clean and hydrated....

thanks a lot!!!

Oh yea one more thing, Friday night i had my first nose bleed in my life.... it was gross!!! First i thought i had the runniest nose in my life since it was like at 3 am i even began to dream about it... it was pretty funny so with my husband by my side.... i was like i'll just blow my runny nose into the side of the bed sheets (NO NOT THE ACTUAL WE SLEEP ON OR COVER OURSELVES WITH) and i did just that... so then i try to go back to sleep i guess breathing threw the mouth all that stuff comes pouring in my mouth so i get up and throw it out to see it's full of blood. Look at the mess i made on the side of my bed. Worst part is i've never had a nose bleed... I mean i knew it was going to come but wow!! So i wake up my husband and all he see's is blood everywhere.... I was like what do i do ..... he was like what did you do!!! it was so funny... so we put some cotton up my nose it dried and my husband was like lets go back to bed on the murder scene.... wow what a fun filled weekend!!! :sick:

I asked for a steroid called Prednisone when I was upped from 60 to 80mg... (I started the course at 30mg). I'm not sure if it really helped because I think my IB wasn't as bad as what some others might get... I probably overreacted. But you can check out my log if you want more details. Anyway, good luck!

I asked for a steroid called Prednisone when I was upped from 60 to 80mg... (I started the course at 30mg). I'm not sure if it really helped because I think my IB wasn't as bad as what some others might get... I probably overreacted. But you can check out my log if you want more details. Anyway, good luck!

Just FYI, the best way to deal with a nosebleed is to

1) Pinch your nose for about 5 minutes straight to stop the bleeding - no peeking!

2) Keep your head DOWN - if you tip your head back you will swallow the blood and it could make you throw up

Hopefully that helps if you get anther one.

I have been getting nose bleeds almost every day after my first week, and sometimes its more than once a day.

However, before I get a nose bleed I can feel it, its like a head rush sorta, and you can feel weird liquid rushing through your nose and you know your nose will bleed any second. I am weird.. I know

Also if you drink lots and lots of water it helps with the nose bleeds:S

I was prescribed prednisone while on accutane. However, the steroids were for an asthma related lung problem and not for acne, so I was taking 80 mg a day instead of the usual 5 mg that you were prescribed. Even at 16 times your dose there were no problems, so don't worry about it.

thanks guys as always great help!!! Also thanks for the nose bleed info... i know it sounded kind of gross!!!

But go figure my crazy butt would do something like i did

I have been getting nose bleeds almost every day after my first week, and sometimes its more than once a day.

However, before I get a nose bleed I can feel it, its like a head rush sorta, and you can feel weird liquid rushing through your nose and you know your nose will bleed any second. I am weird.. I know

Also if you drink lots and lots of water it helps with the nose bleeds:S