Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnnyGoGo

SOMEONE ELSE PLEASE TRY THIS, NO NEW PIMPLES IN THE PAST MONTH

This thread is about Acai: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acai

I believe the secret to Acai's treatment of acne is its super-powerful anti-inflammatory properties.

So, on with my thread:

Hey all, so here's the deal: the past month I started taking Acai antioxidant supplements and I've been clear ever since AND I'VE EATEN REALLY POORLY TOO! It's unreal, where as before if I ate certain foods, ex: going to the theatre and eating large popcorn, soda and twizzlers and I'd wake up knowing to expect a new one or two. I've done this a few times this month and NOTHING has occurred I LOVE IT.

Anyway, I'd like some other people to try this and reply with your results, it may be a "cure" to our acne problems (okay, not actually a cure but you get my drift). The only downside is that these pills are sorta expensive, but nothing too bad. I think mine costed ~$25 for 60 pills and I just take 1/day, which is half the serving size(2 pills). These can be found in health food stores, but you might have to look around since they're just now coming here in pill form. Anyway, here's my current regimen:

500 mg Organic Acai

Vitamin B pill (i'm vegan, if you're not you don't really need this)

Alpha-lipoic acid 00mg

Fish pills as have been promoted on other threads on here

A glass of V8 juice everyday

once a day I apply topicals:

Bp 10%

1% salicylic acid

moisurizer

and my face stays very dry

PLEASE someone try these and tell me if they helped. Btw, I saw IMMEDIATE results in the first 2 days, hopefully others will find equal success.

this little berry sounds good. where did you get yours? if you know of somewhere with international shipping that would be great! :D

doesn't look like there's much to lose. its just difficult to tell what the best brand is.

Good to hear that. However, its only fair if you could also please describe what your acne was like before, types of pimples, severity, how long they lasted, oilyness, etc?

Acai could help sure, but there are alternatives. It has tons of antioxidants and has a similar effect to green tea in that regard, but tea is much cheaper. Acai also has omega 3 in it and is rich in vitamins as well. Acai is very expensive as it has to be imported from south america usually and is a "Specialty" health food and is marketed as such. Acai shouldn't yield any better results than fish oil, some tea and a quality multivitamin. If acai was the deciding factor for you odds are you are the 1 in a thousand.

I got mine at a local health food store called EarthFare. The company that packaged the pills is Sambazon. I'm sure you can find it online, but I get mine from the store. Yes, I might be one in a thousand, but who knows. Hopefully some others can try this out and it will work for them too.

My past acne:

I'm 23 and have had acne since 13 or so. Went through 2 sessions of Accutane which helped greatly, but I still got the occasional breakout. Prior to this, my acne was getting better due to eating very strictly. My acne was reduced to mainly being around the chin and mouth. Lately, I've eaten whatever I want and its clear ALL CLEAR!!

I posted about this a few weeks ago wondering if anyone had tried it. I think i'm going to steal some acai pills from my dad and give it a whirl. no harm in trying and i'll try anything. well almost :think:

Hmm, I guess those are okay. It's the same mg as mine, I'm not sure what sort of difference there would be between different products, but hopefully it's the same quality.

This is very interesting I think another thing to add on to my list of things to try out health-wise. But don't you think the other pills or supplements you took helped too? So maybe it's a combination of all of those pills instead of just the Acai pills?

Vitamins B1, B2, B3, C and E are present[5]. Vitamin C content was measured at 17 mg per 100 g (about the same as blueberries) and vitamin E at 45 mg per 100 g[6], is an extraordinary content for fruits of whole foods of any kind, so is questionable[7]. A later study found vitamin C content was negligible, calcium levels of 260 mg, iron to be 4.4 mg and vitamin A equal to 1002 IU per 100 g of dry weight (Schauss et al. 2006a).

Potassium content is high in açaí (932 mg per 100 grams)[8]. Other minerals isolated included sodium, magnesium, copper, zinc, phosphorus and sulphur[9]. A recent study found 19 amino acids in pulp and skin powder, with especially high contents of aspartic acid and glutamic acid. The amino acid content totalled 7.59% of the total dry weight (Schauss et al. 2006a).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acai

B vitamins, E, A and C + copper, zinc, sulphur. =)

i just went down to work and got some and took one, it cost me $8 for 120 pills, thats cuz I get a discount. I tried a lot of stuff from the store, nothing has helped yet, hopefully this will.

Vitamins B1, B2, B3, C and E are present[5]. Vitamin C content was measured at 17 mg per 100 g (about the same as blueberries) and vitamin E at 45 mg per 100 g[6], is an extraordinary content for fruits of whole foods of any kind, so is questionable[7]. A later study found vitamin C content was negligible, calcium levels of 260 mg, iron to be 4.4 mg and vitamin A equal to 1002 IU per 100 g of dry weight (Schauss et al. 2006a).

Potassium content is high in açaí (932 mg per 100 grams)[8]. Other minerals isolated included sodium, magnesium, copper, zinc, phosphorus and sulphur[9]. A recent study found 19 amino acids in pulp and skin powder, with especially high contents of aspartic acid and glutamic acid. The amino acid content totalled 7.59% of the total dry weight (Schauss et al. 2006a).

What do you think about this? I wonder if combing another big anti-inflammatory with the fish oil would really yield great results? Someone mentioned it should do about the same thing as fish oil, but im talking about using both. I'd definitely give it a shot if I can find them cheap or at least reasonable.

What do you think about this? I wonder if combing another big anti-inflammatory with the fish oil would really yield great results? Someone mentioned it should do about the same thing as fish oil, but im talking about using both. I'd definitely give it a shot if I can find them cheap or at least reasonable.

I have no clue, I already get whatever is listed through diet as it is. Plus always be sure to compare the amount in each dose to the amount needed per day in your body. That's what it boils down to.

This thread is about Acai: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acai

I believe the secret to Acai's treatment of acne is its super-powerful anti-inflammatory properties.

So, on with my thread:

Hey all, so here's the deal: the past month I started taking Acai antioxidant supplements and I've been clear ever since AND I'VE EATEN REALLY POORLY TOO! It's unreal, where as before if I ate certain foods, ex: going to the theatre and eating large popcorn, soda and twizzlers and I'd wake up knowing to expect a new one or two. I've done this a few times this month and NOTHING has occurred I LOVE IT.

Anyway, I'd like some other people to try this and reply with your results, it may be a "cure" to our acne problems (okay, not actually a cure but you get my drift). The only downside is that these pills are sorta expensive, but nothing too bad. I think mine costed ~$25 for 60 pills and I just take 1/day, which is half the serving size(2 pills). These can be found in health food stores, but you might have to look around since they're just now coming here in pill form. Anyway, here's my current regimen:

500 mg Organic Acai

Vitamin B pill (i'm vegan, if you're not you don't really need this)

Alpha-lipoic acid 00mg

Fish pills as have been promoted on other threads on here

A glass of V8 juice everyday

once a day I apply topicals:

Bp 10%

1% salicylic acid

moisurizer

and my face stays very dry

PLEASE someone try these and tell me if they helped. Btw, I saw IMMEDIATE results in the first 2 days, hopefully others will find equal success.

A long time ago I triied Acai - and my skin cleared, too. I know what you're talking about. The only thing is (I was taking 2 capfuls a day of the juice a day) and I suddenly got shaky and extra-hungry - I didn't know what it was at first - but it winds up I had Hypoglycemia. Acai , goji, etc. can lower blood sugar. For me, that's why I think it cleared my skin. So be careful with the dosages.

A long time ago I triied Acai - and my skin cleared, too.

Seems a lot of things clear you right up. Current tally in threads I've read where you got cleared.

1. Wheatgrass

2. Hemp Seeds

3. Acai

Do we have a #4 Bob - Come on down

Ok I just bought some at Walmart because I was buying more fish oil and saw the Acai for only 7 bucks for like 100 or 120 so I said what the hell. So im gonna really test this and see what happens. Im gonna take the suggested, 2 a day, which is 1 gram of the stuff along with my fish oil. I just got a new bottle of fish oil, so I need to rework exactly how much of that im gonna take, but once I do i'll post it.

I'll keep posted.

Ok, I can post some preliminary results. I've been taking Acai powder in drink form for about 4 days, and I can definitely see an improvement. I know 4 days is too soon to say whether it's a real result, and not just a lucky few days, but so far so good :)

I'm also taking Digest Gold by Enzymedica, and that got me to about 75% clear, but I notice a real accelerating of improvement when I started taking the Acai. I will keep this up and keep you all posted :)

I picked up the capsule form of this at CVS like 2 months ago. I have been taking it but not regularly but i try. I still have acne so i dont know if this is a miracle, maybe if i was eating the actual fruit it might help but i dont see anything remarkable about this except i feel very energized about 10 mins later.