Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i TRIED eurin extra protective for sensitive skin spf 30 for whole week..7days (broke me out)

i used Neutrogena Ultar Sheer Dry-touch sunblock spf 55 with helioplex 2 days....pop out a little bit whiteheads

and i feel dryness.......

wt is the next BEST sunscreen????

i heard about skinceutials....spf20.....

I need a sunscreen that is oil-free and wont break me out

i was pretty sure neutrogena one wont....but it does......

wasted money and i give it 2 more day to try....

i just used small amount....also broke whiteheads out

skinceutical uv defense spf 30. the BEST!!!! sunscreen everrrrrrrrrrrr =)

i have combo/oily skin. didnt break me out at all. it does make ur face a little white and shiny for a bit but goes away -

get it at dermstore.com << best customer serviceeeeeeeeeeeee. free shipping as well and comes in 2-3 days! i love it. <3

if u want something cheaper, try Olays all day complete lotion with spf 15 for Sensitive Skin~ u get purchase it at any drug stores.

skinceutical uv defense spf 30. the BEST!!!! sunscreen everrrrrrrrrrrr =)

i have combo/oily skin. didnt break me out at all. it does make ur face a little white and shiny for a bit but goes away -

get it at dermstore.com << best customer serviceeeeeeeeeeeee. free shipping as well and comes in 2-3 days! i love it. <3

if u want something cheaper, try Olays all day complete lotion with spf 15 for Sensitive Skin~ u get purchase it at any drug stores.

i use Vichy Capital Soleil spf 30 every time i go in sun.i never experience break out from this product even though i have acne prone skin

I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheet SPF 55. It doesn't make me break out and it hardly leaves any shine on my skin.

Hey guys...after reading Paulas Begouns books I have realized that brand isn't the only thing when looking for a sunscreen. The type of sunscreen used in the product it just as important if you want to avoid irritation and acne. You can find more on her website but here are a few bits of info that give you at least an idea of why one with acne may want to look for a avobenzone sunscreen versus other sunscreens more likely to clog pores such a titanium dioxide.

The following are a few excerpts you may find helpful from www.paulaschoice.com under the frequently asked questions section and other pages. Browse through her site and you will find more info on what types of sunscreens to use and TONS of info on how to avoid irritation, etc. You don't even have to buy her products, although she has some really great choices. Im waiting for mine in the mail!

"Sunscreens for Oily Skin?

The search for a sunscreen that is appropriate for oily skin can be frustrating. The type of ingredients that can be used to suspend sunscreen ingredients are not exactly the best for oily skin. The sunscreen ingredients themselves can also cause either an irritated breakout reaction (i believe she is referring to avobenzone here) or titanium dioxide and zinc oxide can clog pores."

However........

"Avobenzone is less pore clogging than titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, so we have included it in our Essential Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 15 (which is for oily acne prone skin). However, some people do experience irritation from avobenzone, and that is why it is not included in our moisturizing sunscreens. You can also consider our Pure Mineral Sunscreen SPF 15 if other synthetic sunscreen agents like avobenzone have proven to be problematic.""

What I understand from her site is that avobenzone is the best sunscreen for oily skin and less likely to cause blemishes and clog pores than the other screens but it is still possible to cause irritation for some people and they may need to try another type such as the mineral sunscreen. She suggests that the best thing to do is to experiment and I agree. Hope this helps a little!

Just don't use Neutragena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch. It will definitely break you out.

It's one of the only ones that DOESN'T break me out.

Just don't use Neutragena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch. It will definitely break you out.

why......alot ppl said their derm gave sample to try....more recommend???

i TRIED eurin extra protective for sensitive skin spf 30 for whole week..7days (broke me out)

i used Neutrogena Ultar Sheer Dry-touch sunblock spf 55 with helioplex 2 days....pop out a little bit whiteheads

and i feel dryness.......

wt is the next BEST sunscreen????

i heard about skinceutials....spf20.....

I need a sunscreen that is oil-free and wont break me out

i was pretty sure neutrogena one wont....but it does......

wasted money and i give it 2 more day to try....

i just used small amount....also broke whiteheads out

Actually the Paula's Choice Non-Greasy SPF15 never broke me out, I used it for quite a while. I tried the SPF30 and developed a contact dermatitis so now I'm scared to try it again. :( But it did work really well for me.

Actually the Paula's Choice Non-Greasy SPF15 never broke me out, I used it for quite a while. I tried the SPF30 and developed a contact dermatitis so now I'm scared to try it again. :( But it did work really well for me.

I use the neutrogena oil free sp 15; one of them has multivitamins + aha and the other one i use is normal, they both work fine

i used purpose moisturiser with SPF 15 (or 30, can't remember) but it also made your face a bit whiter to conceal red marks which was good, that never broke me out, i'll see if i can find a link for you, it had all the usual bollocks :

Non Comonegenic

Oil Free

Doesn't contain piss

blah blah blah

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp142235_333181_sespider/purpose/

BOO-YOW!!! :cool: